( search forums )
Soldat doesn't fill screen (was: Help me)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
DarksniperDSA
November 30, 2003, 4:20 am
I need some help. Ok I just got a brand new computer with a 15" Flatscreen monitor. Everything works but when i get into soldat and play theres like and inch of the left part of the screen that is cut off, same with the right side. Could someone please help? Its cut off so i cant see ppls names or what gun they killed me with so....id really like some help, thanks :),

b00stA
November 30, 2003, 1:03 pm
So, you're playing in fullscreen? As soon as you enter fullscreen your resolution is changed to 640*480 and prolly another refresh rate.
And your monitor is not configured for that specific resolution+refresh rate.

Just enter the game and configure your monitor with help of the buttons below your screen, so it fits to the screen.
(Horizontal/vertical size, position, pin-cushion)

systemfeind
December 1, 2003, 4:06 pm
hmm i think the reason is that ur tft has a standard resolution which is the only supported resolution. maybe ur tft doesnt support the 800x600(is that right?) resolution of soldat. i had the same problem installing windows xp on my laptop because its tft supports only 800x600 and 1024x768 but the install screen was in 640x480 so i only see 1/4 of the real screen :(
maybe there are some possibilities to configure ur flatscreen for lower resolutions or something.

b00stA
December 6, 2003, 10:23 pm
Yepp, windowed mode as in not fullscreen :) (config.exe, but I think you know that).