( search forums )
One more barret thread to Settle everything.....
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
eyic
November 30, 2003, 9:47 am
Ok I know your all going to shout at me, make fun of me, and all that yatta yatta yatta, but I just want to settle somthing once and for all, I want to know if the barret is truly overpowered, and in my view it is, so here goes...

A Barret players needs
1) 1 shot one kill
2) 100% accuracy

Correct?

Well yes it is, and i'd just like to say that the barret is very similiar to the ruger, but instead all you need is one shot onto the enemy, simple, yes?

Ofcourse..

All you gotta do is point and click ONCE, by taking as much time as you want aiming (which isnt that hard)

And ill tell you why it isnt that hard, the barret is simply simple, I just started using it today for 1 of the first times ever, and it was as easy as pie and it wasnt luck, and no I wasnt camping I was assaulting, even though I dont find that very skillful ever since I started using the barret, its actually really easy.... So I dont know why all the barret players out there, always seem to make an excuse on why they use the barret, and heres a few excuses:

1) Its the only weapon I can use
2) Im too skilled with it to move to another weapon!
3) Its the most skilled weapon so I want to become a pro!

Those excuses and more are just to stop people caling them noobs. So why do Barret players say Barret requires skill? Its point and shoot for gods sake a lot of people know that and wont admit it, I just started showing people today that the barret is easy, but all they did is rouse back and call me names >:(

And I was playing with a few people today, and I was explaining that th barret is overpowered, and then a guy, comes out of no were and says "stfu you noob the barret requires a lot of practise, around a year to get used to" im like "more like 10 minutes, and even if it is skilled then why does EVERYONE use it and seem to be able to use it quite easily" and hes like "mabe because we are all skilled".
And I find that hard to believe :/

Thats all I want to say, please dont flame me, I just want to know the truth, and if I dont get a good enough answer everything will be settled that the barret is over powered....

Im expecting flaming but im hoping I wont get flamed, every time I mention the name barret everyone always rises up and calls me names, its like its illegal to talk about the barret...

lava
November 30, 2003, 10:11 am
for michal make the barret hits 25% harm ok

Element_101
November 30, 2003, 10:12 am
Loz I agree with you on some of the stuff you said but I disagree to a

certain extent. Not every one is good at barret like me for example.. And

im wicked with the spas. So in my opinion the barret has Its good points

and its bad points but I have to admit.. the good points are more common

than the bad points

frogboy
November 30, 2003, 10:53 am
Good Points:
You can have a million campers on a hill, shooting everyone who tries to capture.
Its one hit kill
It doesn't require much skill to point and click
Its on almost every server
About as powerful as a Ruger on Beserk with Realistic Mode on. Or Spas.
You get to call everyone n00bs

Bad Points:
Its really annoying
Takes about half an hour to reload
Used Waaay to much
People who use the Barret usually call others n00bs.

arC
November 30, 2003, 12:21 pm
I dont care what happens to the barret in 1.2, as long as its equal in its pros and cons, and has an equal choice with the other guns, in meaning that not everyone will use it the most of all.

3rd_account
November 30, 2003, 12:49 pm
True eyic, agree with everything.

This friday I was bored and tried using only Barret for the first time since 1.1.5 came out I'd believe it was, on a ctf-server. I came in second place after about 15 minutes of play.
Now if I used the Spas, which was my favourite weapon for ages before, and used it now, I'd sux00rs and finish last!
So that proffs to me that Barret requires almost no training to be good with. The shot just follows the sniper-line even if you fly, run or stand stil.

qazwertred
November 30, 2003, 1:14 pm
I want the barret 2 do 99 dmg in torso and 300 in head and 90 in legs.

DeafBox
November 30, 2003, 1:26 pm
Ok, i normaly hate the way ppl use the barret, and it doesnt worry me so much that its one shot kill. It really annoys me when some1 using the barret will shoot, miss and then run away 2 reload. I was playin on a server today and EVERYONE was running away like chickens. If ur going to use the barret then select the Socom and fight like a man.

Also in my opinion it does take skill 2 use the Barret altho i only use ones that 1 can scab off the ground. Its a bit more than point and click and its my experience that the best players ALL use the Barret. I actually hope they dont change the Barret to much even tho i somethimes sh!ts me to tears as then most likely people would start picking on my ruger :(

Finally the Barret takes stacks more skill than the LAW and the LAW pisses me off more than the Barret.

Outcast
November 30, 2003, 2:09 pm
in duels barret rules cuz theres no more then 1 to kill.....but...have this.....in ctf there 3 ppl comming at you....you have 100% accuracy and you have barret...bam you kill one, your dead.
3 people comming at you and you have aug and 100% accuracy...you kill all 3.

See where the other weapons get their share?

Also with wounded people, its a waste of a barret shot for a wounded dude....but with other weps you can kill them soooo easy...

Now yall stop this cuz you just cant handle being killed in 1 shot.
Then again...with some skill and knowledge you caa prevent being shot with the barret in combat(no you dont dodge, you just go where hes probably gonna miss) to some extent anyway...

....and you mister 3rd acount....you really really lied there about the shot following the sniper line....and yes you can be good sitting in your base and shooting...or being good with it on noob servers when you have no skill at it.

Meandor
November 30, 2003, 2:15 pm
^^^^^

Fantis
November 30, 2003, 2:27 pm
I totaly agre Barret = noob gun

Dathker
November 30, 2003, 2:45 pm
hahah....fantis....i tink the barret takes skill to an extent....it really depends on how the person uses it, because good players may use it..CCK...but in a different way then the n00bs use it...cuz the skilled barret users move while they shoot and do that fly/prone shooting thing...while on the other hand the n00bs use it by just sitting there like dumb asses and camp their life away and make a straight line shot across the bridge or something...it just turns out 99.99999999999999999999999 of the barret users are all n00bs..

Liber_Lupus
November 30, 2003, 2:53 pm
outcast...lol i had multi kill with barret, well aimed 1 guy, boom, 2nd guy i killed with soccom and third got naded

Outcast
November 30, 2003, 3:01 pm
but what do socom and nades have to do with barret?

SoldatStriker
November 30, 2003, 3:26 pm
Hmmm...Barret...Skill...

Now there's two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

More Barret users get killed in SOCOM fights than auto accidents, I gauran-damn-tee it.

?
November 30, 2003, 3:33 pm
if your going to point out why one gun is newb, then you have to point out why every gun is newb, you can't jsut focus on one gun because YOU don't like it, i hear this argument all the time(so does everyone here) if you have to cry about the barret, then cry about all teh otehr weapons to keep it equal and unbias

Spectral
November 30, 2003, 3:45 pm
quote:Well yes it is, and i'd just like to say that the barret is very similiar to the ruger, but instead all you need is one shot onto the enemy, simple, yes?
eyic, u cant be comparing ruger and barret like that and just say they're very similar. true, aiming them is similar, but if u miss with barret, ur screwed, but miss with ruger, not at all. and if u hav an easy shot with a barret, it'll only take a fraction of a second longer to make the same kill with a ruger, and u still hav 2 bullets to spare.

jesta
November 30, 2003, 4:51 pm
If you miss with the barret hit "q" and LAW them.....or knife em.

The barret's re loading time ain't that long either.

Essentle
November 30, 2003, 5:18 pm
I agree almost everything..
But I can't use barret at all.. [^]
U don't need skills if u r camping with barret, but when u r running with it.. oh yes.. =P

morpheus
November 30, 2003, 5:45 pm
nice try eyic, but just "one more thread" about the barret won't settle anything. sheesh, a thousand more posts like this won't settle anything. there's just to many out there that swear by the barret, and they're gonna defend their gun of choice to the bloody end.

CardBoardWarrior
November 30, 2003, 6:30 pm
Needs to be changed so that any shot hitting anywhere other then the head is 25%-50% damage, and only a perfect head shot kills. (100% damage)

palloco
November 30, 2003, 7:22 pm
Outcast, had you took into account that the 3 guys coming at you usually fire?

kevith
November 30, 2003, 7:24 pm
I'll admit I'm a recovered barret addict [;)] It does take a cartain amount of skill in learning the timing and stuff, but for the most part I switched to a different weapon bc I started getting bored with it. Now I feel like I'm good with all weapons but my favorite is the ruger (which I used to hate the most).

When I own w/ ruger (or any weapon other than Barret) I feel like I'm actually a good player, whereas with the barret, I felt like it was all the "over-powered" gun. Yeah it might only take a fraction of a second longer to kill a guy with a second ruger shot, but hitting them 2x quickly is where the challenge comes in. Ppl don't just stand there and w8 for u to kill them... you have to adjust your aim after every shot and account for the other ppl's movement more bc the bullet doesn't travel as quickly.

Conclusion: Barret is overpowered, but that doesn't make it bad...just relatively easy and annoying. If you're gonna pick the barret you just better get used to ppl calling you names [:P]

?
November 30, 2003, 7:49 pm
quote:Ppl don't just stand there and w8 for u to kill them...
are you that stupid? People dont' wait for snipers to kill them, and about adjusting your aim, the barret does not aim for you idiot, you have to aim it yourself. Also nothing you just said proves the barret is overpowered at all.

n/a
November 30, 2003, 11:03 pm
oooh damn why did you have to start another barret thread?
just let the poor weapon alone [V]
hehe

btw it isn't overpowered...

Chakra
November 30, 2003, 11:31 pm
*fists fingerondatrigga*

mat
November 30, 2003, 11:51 pm
I'm happy with the barret as it is.

I only hate 2 things:
1. people using it in 1on1 DM
2. those who can't be 0wnerz without taking the barret... << you guys are the worst ppl who play soldat

yett I agree with a SLIGHT adjusment either in reload time or making it:
100% demage on headshots, and the rest just like knife..

3rd_account
December 1, 2003, 12:14 am
Lemme say something... if Michal reduced the Barrets accuracy when running and flying, the Barret would then really take skill to use. Now all you people who keep saying it requires skill now can might as well use it then, cause then it would be harder to get good with it. Right? Or am I just sleepy?

Spitzfiya
December 1, 2003, 2:01 am
The first time I decided to use barret in deatmatch I sucked and I missed about 60% of my shots....But in about an hour of playing around with it I got second on the next map. When I am against a Barret user I try hard to stay out of thier line of sight, I use arching weapons like the M79, or I just use the ruger. The barret is only cheap in close quarters, At medium range they are acctually aiming, and at long range some of them are just luck :P.....I have acctually been "impressed" by some barret users out there, a few never miss a shot! I use deagles/Knife and I dont really have a problem with barret users anymore....The thing is I have learned to deal with them. If 3 guys with low health are coming at you, You can take them out with deagles/ruger but if your using barret you have no fuking chance. I guess you could call that balence right there.

For the most part guys, I agree The Barret should be left alone...Michal will figure something out im sure of it =)

EvilLaugh
December 1, 2003, 3:53 am
Eyic, Good Going for proving a point to everyone else. I'll say what I said on the 2vs2 forum to add to this. People are going to defend the power and not let it be nerfed because it's the only gun they can use. It's the only gun they will ever use too because they want to be able to win and the only way they see they can is to grab a gun that kills the person the quickest. There is no fun in dualing someone with a barret, i'd rather just give up or leave the server than play. It's no fun. The barret is really easy to get to grips with after about 10-15 mins. You only need to remember 3 things.

1)The bullet doesn't go through objects
2)It shoots in a straight Line (unless your blind sniping then it shoots in a really low arc)
3)The Bullet will not shoot straight if your legs are moving

Thats it. All the skill you need, All you need to do is put the cursor over a guy, make sure you follow these three rules and bang. The guy is dead. It isn't hard, it isn't skillful, those who believe it is are just kidding themselves, and believe they are good when infact they are too damn lazy to learn any other gun. I can use pretty much any gun fine now, ive taken the time to practice, I've worked hard, and I've also learned about the stengths and weakness' of each gun. The barret though was the quickest to get to grips with, and the HK (thats the uzi people, the gun thats mostly forgotten) was, and still is, the hardest to master. I'm just glad someone has made this thread and understands my point about the barret.

Here's a nice story you might have heard...
N2J3 hosted a server recently and 5 people joined it quite quickly. He said that they all chose the barret. He killed the server and hosted a server without the barret. Some people joiend again, all pretty new to the game and they chose M79. He killed the server again and removed that gun from the list and hosted another. The gun of choice was then the Rugar.

Now is that just a popularity thing or the fact that everyone realises that the barret is overpowered and they like to abuse it.

morpheus
December 1, 2003, 4:21 am
taken from http://www.soldat.pl/main.htm 1st paragraph

"Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for."

well, really, the only complaint that i would have is the fact that
the barret (when used as a sniper rifle) slows down the game play. the game is supposed to be fast paced, but rushing into a group of snipers is usually instant death, so you have to stop and rethink your strategy and try again. this in itself slows down the game play tremendously, unless you're just foolish enough to keep rushing into the same situation over and over again.

personally, i have no prob with whatever weapon you choose to play, but it never has made sense to me to say it's "fast action" when certain variables prevent it from being so.

on another note, at one point in time i played the barret exclusively. at first it was kinda fun pissing people off that i could kill from a screen away before they could even get close to me, but that kinda wore off pretty quick. so i started using it as an assault rifle, but that to became pretty boring, so i started switching. 1st deagles, then ruger, then finally came to the m79, simply because of it's low range. now i prefer an "in your face" type battle where both combatants have more of an equal chance to make a kill and prove their skill.

anyways, that's just my 2 cents. take it for whatever it's worth.

Spitzfiya
December 1, 2003, 4:46 am
That was good morph! Soldat Is alot of fun when its fast paced and thats the way it should stay. Barrets make it hella slow, We might as well take turns Shooting eachother with magic... "OH LOOK IT'S MY TURN TO CAST MAGA FIRE WRATH DEATH METEOR OF FLYING DRAGONS WITH ICE ! AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

Autos only make it one hell of a game! ^_^

frogboy
December 1, 2003, 5:24 am
If there are two or three snipers, and you run towards them, usually at least one will miss, giving you time to hurl a grenade at the sniper, and watching them explode in death.

eyic
December 1, 2003, 5:40 am
The only way soldat will become fast paced and fun if everyone sprays each other with auto's :)

morpheus
December 1, 2003, 6:09 am
well, i'll admit, i've been playing the mini gun a lot lately. it's pretty fun when someone with a barret yells "mini noob has the flag" over and over and you still end up top scorer.

toss in an m79 or deagles as a secondary, and it's even more fun. whatever the mini doesn't take out the m79 or deagles will, so it's been a winning combination for me a lot as of late.

EvilLaugh
December 1, 2003, 6:31 am
I like it how everyone's started copying my ideas.

bornacorn
December 1, 2003, 10:47 pm
limited ammo?

sergioe16
December 2, 2003, 3:02 am
Im so happy of the new modified barret in 1.2. They did a good job in discouraging camping with its new scope while still keeping it a good sniper weapon.

BUT you may begin to see many people migrate to the improved m79. Oh well.

Dathker
December 2, 2003, 3:17 am
hrm maybe soldat should be played in rounds like CS..like for infl...it is played like survival mode until some one scores..this would make i hard for the n00b snipers to come back really fast after you kill them!

frogboy
December 2, 2003, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by sergioe16
Im so happy of the new modified barret in 1.2. They did a good job in discouraging camping with its new scope while still keeping it a good sniper weapon.

BUT you may begin to see many people migrate to the improved m79. Oh well.

^^ Leaked Beta Stealer (probably) ^^

And a few days ago, I was in a DM, and this n00b joined with Barret- he started complaining about us all being n00bs, apart from the fact he was camping at the top of the level. Once he got out of camping, though...

Outcast
December 2, 2003, 8:29 am
improved m79 my bloody ass......

Chakra
December 2, 2003, 10:59 am
Yeah. Huh. Improved? What a joke. You can't call that *points to an m79* improved! You gotta be kidding me...

I mean, it only shoots further. About an entire screens distance. No other differences.

*cough* [:-eyebrows]

morpheus
December 2, 2003, 12:30 pm
heh, i have to agree. adding a tiny 5% of range to the m79 could hardly be called an improvement.

"oh wow, look mom. this thing shoots an extra 5 pixels. yay me, now i'm really gonna kick butt!" <--- please note, sarcasm

getting rid of the self inflicted splash damage the m79 causes when shooting someone at to close a range, now that would be called an improvement. and that would definately increase it's range and useability. unfortunately, you'd have to play the m79 exclusively for a long period of time to actually understand this, which most people don't.

Social Poison
December 2, 2003, 4:29 pm
As I've said in several posts regarding the barret thing. The Autos (all non-1hit kill weps) are underpowered compared to the barret or m79. The possibly exception here being the ruger and Deagle.

The current damage system is that a bullet from a weapon has an initial damage. When it hits you it does a percentage of that damage depending on where you are struck.

110% for headshot
100% for body
80% for legs

(It's been a long time since I've posted these stats, so if they're off someone correct me).

In 1.2 the system will be:
120% for headshot
100% for body
90% for legs

This change will accomplish two things:
1) The barret will be just as strong as it is now (with some tweaks that came with the new version)
2) The rest of the weapons (minus m79 and law) will be brought up to the level of the barret (or in the case of the Deagle... WAY above it... no seriously the DEs had better be toned down a bit for the new version... 2 hit kill most of the time... bs)

This should work. The people who don't want the barret nerfed win. The people who want to use a non-1hitkill weapon win. Granted... some barret people will whine when the new version finally comes out... because they can't pull the same crap they do now. By this I mean coasting through the air, soaking up shots, and lining up your own shot. That won't work anymore... you'll die too fast.

The only issue is that, as I've said, the DEs will need to get nerfed a little bit.

note: the new system also makes the Combat Knife a 1 hit kill in all situations (leg shots weren't a kill in 1.1.5)

-------------------------------------

Morpheus, about the dropping self inflicted splash damge... I agree and I don't. The M79 should be set back to how it was in 1.05b. Granted IN 1.05b it was way too powerful for most ppl's taste, but now that all the weapons have been upped as well (while the M79 has more or less kept its nerfed 1.1 state) the old m79 would be perfect.

SBaL
December 3, 2003, 5:39 am
I've been reading a few threads and their posts about the barret thing now... and I wonder...
I hope I'll be adding some new points of view here and not any "been there,done that" comment...

-1-
Most people are talking about, "too powerfull", "too easy to kill", "no aim needed" , "aim IS needed" "low ammo" blahblahblah...
But I'm missing a very essential thing :
__Strategic advantage__
there's just NO way you can sneak in an enemy base with all those sniperscouts running around.
(on a personal note:
I feel so puny running around with my spas, thinking to be clever, but as someone sees me coming 2 screens away I'm still plucked out of the air, wiggling and zigzagging to no avail.I'd like to see some binocs for every gun user to use, or just a cutback in barret sight (last option preferred))

-2- What about lag ?
The annoying part for me with the barret is this: I can't use the damn thing 'cause with my variating ping I'm just missing anyway, but if there's some hotshot online with low ping, well, its hard not to hit your target (I've been 'lucky' enough to try this out once or twice too)
...furthermore...
with the other weapons it takes a while to put someone down, and even with high ping you still have a chance, but against a low ping barRetard... its just... hopeless...

P.S. Yes I hate barRetards, but I do have to say I some people are better with it then others (some refer to this as "skill"), the thing is...I can't make you stop using barret, but...
plz give us non-barRetards a chance ! A skilled barRetard is just generally better then someone skilled in another weapon. (/me gives his cute little spas a hug)

P.P.S. remember this game is all about fun. and although it might be a bit personal saying a good challenge brings more fun, I think it does. so keep switching teams to keep them balanced, and try another gun if your winning badly...

P.P.P.S. it's surprising how addictive this topic is, no matter how often I keep telling myself not to join in on the subject, I still do :P

Captain_Jimbo
December 3, 2003, 7:58 am

Some people can use it with skill, but there are just too many times where 3/4 of a team is using Barrets and m79s, it's pathetic. I'm a good shot with the barret, but honestly, I only use it when I'm being lazy or defending the flag (that's AT the base, so that excludes the people who camp right outside the enemy base). I only, and will always detest the m79. Half the time I'm not even hit with it, just grazed enough so the blast takes some health away; not even mortally wounding, but enough to annoy the hell out of me. And I really hope I didn't hear someone ask that the M79 be removed of it's self-inflicted blast damage at close range fire, gimme a break. Maybe I just read it wrong.

In a nut-shell, Barret A-OK for Flag defense, not Ok for 3/4 team make-up and spawn camping. M79 ok for retrieving flag in certain lvls, I suppose. Lord knows standoffs in B2B take forever.

kevith
December 4, 2003, 9:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?

are you that stupid? People dont' wait for snipers to kill them, and about adjusting your aim, the barret does not aim for you idiot, you have to aim it yourself.

1. The point is that you have to adjust your aim to hit a player mulitple times while they are trying to evade you. With the barret it's just 1 shot and the person doesn't even know that they were in your sights until they're dead.
2. What's with all the name-calling? You don't like my comment so you call me stupid and an idiot? Why don't you try making a good argument instead of calling me names like a 6 year old.

Duke33
December 5, 2003, 3:32 am
First time back on the forums in a month, by the way. And, of course, I'm drawn to the bloody barret debates.

Basically, I am not a rabid barret supporter as I once was, but I still believe that barret does not equal n00b (the offensive meaning).

Yes, it is easy to kill people with the barret, because whether you have played for 5 minutes or 5 months it always kills in one hit. However it is also easy to kill most barret users. This is because, as some people have said, most barret users ARE n00bs. That is not meant as a derogatory comment, just to say that they are new. They came into the game and saw the one-hit-one-kill weapon, think its good, and so they play.

But, new players die fast, and so I think that most people would agree with me (or at least this is what I remember) that most barret users are easy to kill and are more of a nuisance than a threat. All that is necessary is to dodge their first shot and then (generally) if you are a 'manly' (jesus christ) auto user then you can waste them. All that is required is some agility and a good eye for timing.

And, so, the other side. Some barret users are pro and good, as some people have said. And they can survive and kill in one hit and generally kick ass. Those are a definate threat, and no 'n00b'

But, I feel that this adds to the game. Yes, it is annoying to be killed in one shot from a screen away, but it adds to the difficulty of the game. It is important to remember that it is all one game and dying, both fairly and unfairly (generally depending on who died ;) ), is all part of it. A game, a good game, is made up of many different parts, not just a bunch of the same. Some auto, some sniping, some stragety and some bloody fire-fights. Just one on its own would make a game (as a whole) repetive, boring. All together = good game.

I believe that, yes, soldat should fast paced, but sniping doesnt necessarily slow down the pace. One sniper on a hill slowing down the pace? Yeah right. Just get a couple team members and rush him. He'll get wasted, and you'd have just had more fun.

I trust Michal, and if he decides to make the weapons more even, I support him. Right now the balance can be improved, and change is always good. So, right now I believe that the system is all right, but able to be improved. And if 1.2 does that, then I couldnt support it more.

morpheus
December 5, 2003, 3:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
I believe that, yes, soldat should fast paced, but sniping doesnt necessarily slow down the pace. One sniper on a hill slowing down the pace? Yeah right. Just get a couple team members and rush him. He'll get wasted, and you'd have just had more fun.

this is really the only prob i have with your whole statement. one sniper versus 2 or more rushers. 1 rusher gets killed, thus slowing HIS game pace, since he's been sent back to the spawn point to start all over again. and if you really think about it, on a map like ctf run, that's one long haul you've got there just to start all over again.

add in the fact that it's taking 2 or more to take out one sniper, and that slows down the game play, considering one could be playing defense while the others could be rushing for the flag.

quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo

And I really hope I didn't hear someone ask that the M79 be removed of it's self-inflicted blast damage at close range fire, gimme a break. Maybe I just read it wrong.

yes, i said that i believe that the self inflicted spash damage should be removed, simply to make it more equal with other guns. how many times have you been shot at close range with ANY gun (other than the m79) and the shooter has received damage as well? none.

the fact that the m79 has the shortest range of all guns, by a great margin i might add, coupled with the self inflicted splash damage at firing at to close range impairs it's range twice, while all other weapons don't have that problem / disadvantage.

and on a personal note, i truly feel that the m79s cons definitely outweigh the pros.

Social Poison
December 5, 2003, 3:57 am
My solution is don't get killed ;)

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding

Dathker
December 6, 2003, 1:41 am
....what are you guys talking about..im too impatient to read such long messages..can some one summerize?

morpheus
December 6, 2003, 2:07 am
to summerize, dath, you should change your siggy to...

"don't kill me, i kill back 1 out of every 10 tries" [;)]

basically, it's just another argument over the barret, with a few off topic threads tossed in for good measure. no need to read the whole thing, just scan through real quick and you'll pick up on it real fast.

EvilLaugh
December 6, 2003, 3:43 am
This thread is funny. [:-censored]ing barret n00bs whining again.. espcially trigr.

eyic
December 6, 2003, 3:49 am
No barret user can admit its overpowered, coz their too scared to admit that their using a sinchy weapon whic hrequires no skill at all, well heres a tip, get good at another weapon while you can :/

toadsMoke
December 6, 2003, 5:36 am
just doing some house cleaning. all barret-related topics will automatically be moved to the Bash Pit.

(topic moved)

eyic
December 6, 2003, 5:59 am
what a stupid rule, some moderator you are trying to keep his job, bleh..

this isnt a spam thread I made this topic so we can all have a decent arugment about the barret, bleh this is the stage the topic dies, thanks a lot :/

toadsMoke
December 6, 2003, 7:19 am
You can continue the conversation here.

I'm tired at looking at the thousands upon thousands of barret threads in the General Discussion Forum. Another one will spring up in a few days anyway. Sadly, I'll move it here. Then two months after this topic has died, fifteen more topics concerning this same topic, will be moved here. You, as a long-time member, should know that this is true.

If you disagree with me, go talk to styx or another one of the General Discussion Moderators. If you convince them, maybe they'll talk to me and change my mind too, you never know.

Furthermore, why does sending this topic to the Bash Pit mean that it has to die?

frogboy
December 6, 2003, 8:12 am
Because of people like CC and M.

eyic
December 6, 2003, 8:35 am
yeh and people will be encouraged to spam it with useless junk which will make this topic die, and change the subject of the subject which is lame....

I just want a decent argument to settle everything =/

toadsMoke
December 6, 2003, 12:52 pm
I believe that the only settlement you'll find is that everyone will have to agree to disagree.

Dathker
December 6, 2003, 12:59 pm
...thats mean morpheus...im not that bad any more!

i think they should make the barret take 2 shots kill but with a longer scope..so it would make the n00bs suck with it cuz they wouldn't undersand the physics.!

morpheus
December 6, 2003, 9:36 pm
dath, it was just a joke, that's why i added in the [;)]

and no, you're not that bad anymore. you're coming along quite well.

frogboy
December 7, 2003, 12:15 am
I got it! Use foam bullets! They'd only take away ½ health.

Death Angel
December 8, 2003, 12:54 am
i agree with every thing eyic said...he has some good points about the barret