( search forums )
Signatures
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
toadsMoke
November 30, 2003, 10:08 pm
Alright, today I decided to go through everyone's signatures to check whether each followed the rules or not.
Sadly I found that appromiately 50% of them did not. Therefore, I am going to give everyone one week to crop their signature files down to size, or I will have to start deleting signatures. As we all know, the rules are there for a reason and therefore this issue is non-negotiable.

December 7th: signatures that do not fall within the set rules will be deleted.

(made sticky)

systemfeind
November 30, 2003, 10:46 pm
sorry i hadnt noticed a limit for the sig in the forum rules so i changed my 600x100 sig pic.

is my sig alright now?

dunno if its allowed to have a pic AND text in the sig

CardBoardWarrior
December 1, 2003, 1:41 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I CANT GIVE UP MEH BOX SIGGAY!!

R
December 1, 2003, 1:47 am
i can shrink it and give ya a new one if you want cardboardwarrior :)

CardBoardWarrior
December 1, 2003, 1:50 am
Well yeah I just thought of that :) I can do it myself.
I want a new sig anyway, please feel free to make me some other one though.

Spitzfiya
December 1, 2003, 2:06 am
OMG!, I am such a sig whore, Im sorry for not following the rules =( I change it
lol, at one time i had 2 sigs....I feel so dirty.

Dathker
December 1, 2003, 3:05 am
hahah i am such i forum n00b i don't know how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AerialAssault
December 1, 2003, 12:41 pm
awww. i cant decide between m3h box siggay and my logo

Tha Doggfather
December 1, 2003, 4:33 pm
"look styx, im still doing my work as a mod" ¬_¬

toadsMoke
December 1, 2003, 4:52 pm
think what you wish. i know one thing for sure, you don't check my profile to check my login times.

ask styx to paste my account activity. i want you to.

cooz
December 1, 2003, 10:20 pm
mine sig fixed ;)
i think that this sweet ruger is now little to small, but rules are rules ;p

oh maybe u'll do same thing with avarars? maybe there is someone with picture bigger that 20kb :>

eyic
December 1, 2003, 10:31 pm
hmm is mine alright?

cooz
December 1, 2003, 11:28 pm
lucky man ;)
i think that your sig does't break any of forum's rule ;)

Topi
December 3, 2003, 12:07 am
I think mine is alright.. I hope..

?
December 3, 2003, 12:12 am
doesn mine exceed teh funneh limit?

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 12:45 am
?: it's close, but i'll allow it.

Captain_Jimbo
December 3, 2003, 7:07 am
Hmm, wonder if this little sucker fits. Yay, it does. Fight on, lil' Jimbo.

Hercule Poirot
December 3, 2003, 8:00 am
mine sig pic height is 25 too big but it goes under 20kb that ok?

Chakra
December 3, 2003, 11:38 am
'ere Kes, c'mere!

'Cos of these new proper forum changes my jam protest has had to go innit. Still, this 'ere new avatar and signiture is proper bo I tell thee. Don't expect any of you non-brits to rewind and follow me... but Kes likes it. [:-headphones]

Still, 'bout time we had a shake up. This forum is laggy enough without huge sigs and animated avatars.

Wasp_
December 3, 2003, 1:50 pm
May I put my siggy twice? after all, it's quite small you know...

N1nj@
December 3, 2003, 10:26 pm
h: 111
w: 300
size: >20kb

is that allowed?

R
December 4, 2003, 1:26 am
cant you guys just compare the measurements/size to the limits he set, and if it goes over then you can guess what the answer is, its No. So instead of asking toadsmoke if its ok, just compare it to the rules and if it goes over then its not ok. and toadsmoke if you let 1 person break the rules, you're gunna have to let them all break it :\

Weed
December 4, 2003, 1:41 am
Thanks for tellin us ToadsMoke :D
mine was a lil over the max... so i shrinked it a lil ;)

cooz
December 4, 2003, 12:03 pm
R, exactly - i agree with U in 100%.

koil
December 4, 2003, 12:41 pm
... its only a signature for crying out loud.
its not like you cant live withount it.

cooz
December 4, 2003, 5:19 pm
oh Weed, look here: http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/rules.asp#rulesid3
Your avatar is too big... :>

toadsMoke
December 5, 2003, 2:29 am
R: I know that =) and thanks, your comment saved me from saying it =P

--edit:

Let the Signature Deleting Begin.

?
December 7, 2003, 2:23 am
oo take pictures!!!

frogboy
December 7, 2003, 3:40 am
Yay, I have no sig to be deleted in the first place! I think an easier and better way would be to have a perimeter of less than 850px, because 125+125+300+300=850. That way, sigs are still small, but they can be more free.

Cookie.
December 7, 2003, 8:24 pm
lol this new sig of mine roxxors !

edit- what color of blue is the forum :P

DNA.styx
December 7, 2003, 9:19 pm
Forum uses: #607890 #4A617B #394963

n2j3
December 7, 2003, 9:54 pm
Hmm which genius of the "Soldat Community" removed my signature image that was 112x26 pixels , clocking at 476 bytes ?!?!

[edit]

here's the sig in question : [IMAGE]

...I did have a 26kb signature but that was removed 24 hours ago [b4 this "custom" one was enforced on me- i know cuz i tried it last night !]. It seems that someone's deleting sigs without emptying their cache ^_^

Meandor
December 7, 2003, 10:36 pm
It was too small.

toadsMoke
December 7, 2003, 11:34 pm
n2j3: i did flush my cache. i started making the list at 12:00am GMT [the same timezone as the forum].

you must have changed it after i added you to the list but before i emailed it to styx... it took an hour or two to make the whole list.

n2j3
December 8, 2003, 2:08 am
thx toadsmoke. sorry if my reply was a bit brusk...

Tweak896
December 8, 2003, 3:39 am
im about to get angry....... you really dont me to get angry...

toadsMoke
December 8, 2003, 5:06 am
n2j3: no worries =P i wasnt offended [:)]

Tweak896: we don't you to get angry?

-- edit:

Remember, if you can two graphics in your signature, we suggest that you create one from the two and make sure that the one is still within the set rules.

We are serious about these rules.
1st offense - deleted signature and warning [all of you that had your signature delete dec.7, consider yourselves warned].
2nd offense - 7-day ban.
3rd offense - permanent ban.

cooz
December 8, 2003, 9:09 pm
> 3rd offense - permanent ban.

cooool... :>

Cookie.
December 8, 2003, 9:41 pm
permanent bans are cool? shudders lol banned isnt cool

cooz
December 8, 2003, 11:17 pm
i just think that ppl shouldn't be banned for having too big sigs - we can be banned for speading leaked beta, but for picture which for example has 3 pixels wight too much...?

arC
December 9, 2003, 1:32 am
Is it ok that i can just keep your 'Maximum Size' sig as my sig now? Because it took me ages to get my sig done by some-one and it would be too hard to shrink it.

palloco
December 9, 2003, 8:34 am
I disagree with the signature rules:

For text signatures 4 lines up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.
For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

They are meant to reduce the amount of space they occupy and reduce the time to load them. That is fine but...
Why do they have a limit of 300 px wide? 400 should be fine and you can stil read it with 640x480res, in the case someone still had that res.
What is the problem with animated siggys?
You had not limited the tall os the signatures, so combining text and pictures they are really big.
For example the banning signature you had added. It is really annoying, it has increased the size of all threads becuz it has 4 lines and a pic. Reduce to 2 the lines if you have pictures, and in the banning sig put the text in the same lines than the pic. For example superkill had a samll signature and now is big... where is the boosting?
The way you had been looking for wrong signatures is quite bad, I bet you did it just remembering because...in the moment I am writing this, in this same thread there are 2 guys with bad signatures, and out there there are more!
EDIT: Now that I think about it: Your banning signature is infringing the rules!!![:(!] It has 4 lines plus pic=5lines!!!

Element_101
December 10, 2003, 11:15 am
Omg im forum noob I dont know how to shrink sig now help me sob sob...

OMG OMG YAY! with this post I become captian, que the cheesy

insperational music....

SoldatStriker
December 10, 2003, 8:41 pm
Ey Toadsmoke. Does where the sig's hosted have to do with anything? Cause I noticed that a lot of sigs are hosted on the forums and I was wondering if my sig would be less of a burden if I hosted it off of my own server. Also, I noticed that 125 x 300 equals 37500 pixels. If our sig is less than 20 KB, and less than or equal to 37500 pixels, do the dimensions really matter as far as height and width goes?

Tha Doggfather
December 11, 2003, 6:43 am
quote:Originally posted by SoldatStriker
Ey Toadsmoke. Does where the sig's hosted have to do with anything? Cause I noticed that a lot of sigs are hosted on the forums and I was wondering if my sig would be less of a burden if I hosted it off of my own server. Also, I noticed that 125 x 300 equals 37500 pixels. If our sig is less than 20 KB, and less than or equal to 37500 pixels, do the dimensions really matter as far as height and width goes?

finally somebody else opens his eyes and questions the sacred rules

DNA.styx
December 11, 2003, 10:29 am
They are my rules.

While hosting your sig. off-site would save bandwidth for us here at DNAGames it's not a real issue.

The main reason for the sig. crack down is that a lot of our users are not on broadband yet and that having to wait for 60 seconds for 250k's worth of images to load does not make this forum very users friendly.

frogboy
December 11, 2003, 10:33 am
Not to mention the people running 1st generation P2 MMX's.

sqweek
December 11, 2003, 4:18 pm
palloco wrote:
quote:Why do they have a limit of 300 px wide?

I was wondering the same thing... IMO, a 500x50 sig is less-intrusive than a 300x125 (and a 500x125 no more intrusive than 300x125), though I guess there could be issues at lower resolutions with a 500 width pic.

SoldatStriker wrote:
quote:If our sig is less than 20 KB, and less than or equal to 37500 pixels, do the dimensions really matter as far as height and width goes?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to see a 1x37500 sig :p

Dark_Noddy
December 11, 2003, 4:23 pm
IMO the Rules should be somthing like "Max Size 2o Kb" and "Max hight (Including Text and space under and above)150 pxls, max with 500 pxls"

But thats my opinion anyway... Styx is da boss

DeepII
December 11, 2003, 5:46 pm
omg my great sig got deleted...

why only so little and not animated sigs? i only have a modem but it don't takes a lot of time to load these pictures...only a minute for 1 page! and if you don't want to wait until the sig loaded you can read and click through the pages without looking at pictures. So, why no bigger and animated sigs?

THIS sig will be deleted when my other one is online
|
|

Element_101
December 16, 2003, 10:54 am
How do you shrink the signatures down?

EvilLaugh
December 16, 2003, 7:22 pm
OMFG MY SIG GOT DELETED, YOU GUYS ARE SADISTIC AND EVAL

Captain_Jimbo
December 25, 2003, 8:10 am

Agh, I'm so confused. At first my sig was way under 20kb, but was animated. So for the rules, I disregarded the file size and made it UNanimated, fully within the boundries and everything, but it STILL got deleted? Dude, I'm all confused.

And yeah EvilLaugh, when you've remade the damn sig 3 times, it gets to that point. Though I was really confident that the recent one fell within all the rules. What gives?

EvilLaugh
December 26, 2003, 6:39 am
WTF? What the hell you talking bout?

Captain_Jimbo
December 27, 2003, 2:38 am

Ha ha, the effects of the Pre-Christmas party Party. I was buzzed as hell and on a caffeine high when I wrote that (3 in the morning-ish over here).

The jist was that my sig had the right dimensions and was under 20 kb, but still got deleted. I think it was just a mistake though, so no biggy.

Roy
January 24, 2004, 5:35 am
But... But... The signature I wanted to use is so... classic!
[IMAGE]

Will you allow this revision?
[IMAGE]
Approximately 20 pixels and 4 Kb over the limit. :(

Skate4Razors
November 16, 2004, 3:04 am
My siggy is juuuuuuussssst riiiiiiight! Good 'ole chainsaw!

Alamo
November 16, 2004, 2:49 pm
narf ... thread reviver ;) ... I wonder where my ABA Button has gone...

Mojoman316
January 2, 2005, 8:44 am
Beh.... Sig limits make me roar. In anger. :/

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 11:39 am
Weird, first i attached [IMAGE]... okay its not appearin to my posts. So i tested that are letters appearin in my sig... no, nothing. Just thinking why ?

"View Signatures
in Posts?: Yes"
"Signature checkbox
checked by default?: Yes"

Orrr im so lucky that the sig appears in this post :P .
Oh hell yea, i knew :P .