( search forums )
Weapon Spawnpoints
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Wills59
December 1, 2003, 7:27 am
Heres an idea straight from quake3, howabout having a game option (or pairing this with realistic mode) where the weapons spawn at certain places.

Say each person starts with the socomm, or even the knif or something. Then they have to get to a weapons spawnpoint to pick up a better weapon.

There seems to be a lot of people compaining that choosing from a menue isn't 'realisic'. well, neither is have guns magically appear from thin air, but it would make it more fun :D

NuZZ
December 1, 2003, 7:53 am
Arrr... Its kinda a bad idea... Cus soldat is much better with start off weapones. But, er maybe some special weapons which spawn in certain places, kinda like the Stationary Gun (tm) :D?

eyic
December 1, 2003, 8:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Wills59
Say each person starts with the socomm, or even the knif or something. Then they have to get to a weapons spawnpoint to pick up a better weapon.

How about starting of with the chainsaw? the socom and knife r way better than other weapons i know :D

systemfeind
December 1, 2003, 8:56 am
hmm sorry not my style...

i like it more to spawn with weapons like cs as searching for them like quake.
it would change soldat a lot if the half of people playing soldat likes the cs style more and the other half chooses the quake style. im glad that it is how it is ^^

Liber_Lupus
December 1, 2003, 11:01 am
Dont like it, in Quake im used to it but in Soldat...nahh

Wills59
December 2, 2003, 4:18 am
it would mean that there would be more reason to grab other peoples weapons. at the moment o1 uses that, because you just respawn with a decent weapon anyway.

How about a mode where you spawn with a choice of secondary weapons, and have to fight you way to a spawpoint to get a better one. Or you kill someone and steal theirs.

Droopy
December 2, 2003, 3:56 pm
Not wery good idea, in my opinion! Couse in Quake, you can cary more than just 2 weapons at once! So it would be pointles!

CardBoardWarrior
December 2, 2003, 7:49 pm
Then there would be weapon spawn campers. And that would be bad.