( search forums )
the real n00b gun... not barret... but the...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
AerialAssault
December 1, 2003, 8:55 pm
The Desert Eagles, thats right, the desert eagles are the real n00b gun, some of u are about to flame me and sa [:-censored] like STFU n00b desert eagles require lots of skill! but think about it. 2 shot kill 7 round clip 1 second reload, sure maybe the bullets move a little slowly but who can think quickly enough to dodge them in a fast paced game. if u think about it, u may come to realize what i have concluded about desert eagles.

Chakra
December 1, 2003, 9:11 pm
[:-sly] rrriiiiggghhhtttt.....

*wonders where this thread will go*

3rd_account
December 1, 2003, 9:17 pm
Your right I'ma flame you.

It takes 3-4 shots to kill depending on range, and the reload is 1.63 seconds.
And yes you can in a sort of way dodge the bullets, by flying and keeping your distance.

SuperKill
December 1, 2003, 9:18 pm
i agree.
hurra for aerial assault..

CardBoardWarrior
December 1, 2003, 9:24 pm
I agree. 2 shots if they are good or at close range.

Ardaen
December 1, 2003, 9:27 pm
Down with the deagles!

mat
December 1, 2003, 10:49 pm
i'm sick of n00b guns and n00b weapons and 0wnerz and camping and bitching and other idiotic stuff... can't u ppl just... die?

koil
December 1, 2003, 10:57 pm
theres no n00b gun's. only n00b ppl's.

kkazican
December 1, 2003, 11:35 pm
I SAY DOWN WITH IDIOTS! But since this is another dumb talking about how every damn weapon is noob.
The knife is noob!
The socom is noob!
The chainsaw is noob!
The law is noob!
The barret is noob!
The deagle is noob!
The ruger is noob!
The hk-mp5 is noob!
The steyr-aug is noob!
The m79 is noob!
The ak-74 is noob!
The minimi is noob!
The minigun is noob!
The spas is noob!
The people is noob!
The newbie is noob!
The game is noob!
The lag is noob!
The spammer is noob!

There are so many noobs in the world why must you add to them?

fabmanx
December 1, 2003, 11:55 pm
Aerial u just proved to me that u are a newb. Go cry somewhere else.

that fuking sniper
December 2, 2003, 12:55 am
Noobs be the ones thinking themselves experts enough to call something else in the game noob. Players or guns alike, the word is too misused to mean anything to me anymore. Anyone who calls a weapon a noob weapon deserves to be shot by it.

Spitzfiya
December 2, 2003, 1:18 am
Deagles are far from being a n00b weapon, Being a Deagler I am going to flame you.
Did you get owned by the deagles???? Good! I hope you stop playing Soldat.
Id like to take the time to call you a n00b, airial assualt.

Im guessing you use barret?

BACON!

mak89gt
December 2, 2003, 2:03 am
If you use a gun well, people call you a n00b and the gun a "n00b gun".

Dathker
December 2, 2003, 2:22 am
hhahaah...n00bs make n00b gun...every one and every gun is a n00b at some point of time so why really call people a n00b?

Weed
December 2, 2003, 2:31 am
if u find it hard to handle a eagles user, than u call the deagles noobish, sma ething with anygun u find hard to win.
truly, there aint no noob weps, every wep has its weakness and its pros too, so instead of b!tchin bout it, just find a way to handle the deagles users

EvilLaugh
December 2, 2003, 2:42 am
I'm still surprised lots of people haven't noticed the true potential of the Spas...

AerialAssault
December 2, 2003, 3:56 am
lol, i use all weapons, its this that has opened my eyes, maybe i shouldnt have called it a n00b gun, maybe just said overpowered, a real desert eagle has a 9 round clip. i knew i was gonna get flamed, u people cant have an intelligent debate, u have to use words like shut the [:-censored] up, or your a n00b! i was simply suggesting that the desert eagles are too powerful, the barret is fine, i easily kill those barreters who dont snipe. but im just sick of hearing about the barret. i used deser eagles in a match before i posted this thread, and i honestly can say i didnt try very hard, and i got 1st place.

by the way; cant anyone spell my name right? is AerialAssault, if thats too complicated jsut say AA, thank you

n/a
December 2, 2003, 4:49 am

[:-captain] Hello children! It's Captain Granitesticles...you remind me of pretty flowers [:-slaphappy]

I'm going to tell you a story today about desert eagles, and it goes something like this...!

You're running along, a tune in your heart, a song in the air, some DEagles in your hands.
Oops! you were running so fast that you bump into me!! I was running too fast as well, 'cos I really really wanna steal your flag [:-dopey] !

Suprised, I shoot 2 ruger shots, but I only hit once 'cos i'm clumsy [:-dunce], but your DEagles tear me to pieces from close range before I can kill you [:-cry]

So you continue skipping along... but wait! It's Essentle[AoA] with that steyr aug [:-bigeyes]! You shoot and shoot and shoot, hoping to graze or injure enough so that a close-in kill is more garanteed, but that steyr aug just keeps firing so straight and from so far away [:-devil] !
Alas, you die [:(], because of Essey's superior range and straighter concentrated aim. [xx(]

The moral of the story? A game is about challenge, and so Soldat too should be made so that all weapons should have advantages and disatvantages in certain roles while remaining unique and useful.
The Desert Eagles can fire very far, and are very powerful! [:O]
But they're also cursed with a curvy-pathed projectile that also moves slowly through the air, and can be avoided by keeping at a distant proximity and being ready!

But heck, thats just old Captain Granitesticle's opinion! Just remember though, play for fun, not just for winning.

[:-captain] Uh oh! In all my blabbering, I didn't notice Pirate Prolapse has boarded my ship! ...I best go, until next time!

Yarrr! [:-pirate]

eyic
December 2, 2003, 5:05 am
you make me sick :/

arC
December 2, 2003, 6:11 am
Now THATS a first post.

frogboy
December 2, 2003, 6:56 am
quote:Originally posted by eyic
you make me sick :/

Agreed.

n00bAssault: have you actually tried using the DEagles, compensating for the curve in the bullets? How they go about 5x slower than a barret? Think about it. DEagles have less power than Ruger. If Ruger takes at least 2 shots to kill, DEagles take more. Now, compare this to AK74: 7 shot kill, 40 round clip, around 5 second reload. Now, AK74's also a n00b weapon.

koil
December 2, 2003, 9:01 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
i knew i was gonna get flamed, u people cant have an intelligent debate, u have to use words like shut the [:-censored] up, or your a n00b!

look at the topic name dumbass

'the real n00b gun...'

youre asking us to answer you in an inteligent way, but it seems like your question wasnt inteligent enough for us.

btw, evryone got a (diffrent) opinion of their own, but the trick that many ppl will have the same opinion as you.

how many ppl think deagels are overpowerd (just throwing numbers): 28
how many ppl think barret are overpowerd : 300
how many ppl think knife are overpowerd : 53

who do you think michal will listen? to the 28ppl who hate deagels?
to the 300ppl who hate barret?
to the 53ppl who hate knives?

thats as simple as it goes.

Element_101
December 2, 2003, 9:31 am
quote:Originally posted by EvilLaugh
I'm still surprised lots of people haven't noticed the true potential of the Spas...

OMG the spas is the best gun its about time some one finally agrees

with me thank you... Evillaugh

frogboy
December 2, 2003, 9:41 am
quote:Originally posted by kkazican
...The knife is noob!...
The ruger is noob!...
The spas is noob!...

Don't ever, ever badmouth the knife, ruger and spas.

quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
u people cant have an intelligent debate, u have to use words like shut the up, or your a n00b!

That is too hypocritical to comment on. Oh wait- I just did. And I used 'n00b' twice in my first post, one using your concept of a 'n00b' weapon (for my AK74 example, which isn't a n00b weapon), and one as an insulting offset to my post.

SuperKill
December 2, 2003, 1:35 pm
i take my words back..
i can deal with the deagles, infact everything is ballanced.
(hopes no weapon changes would be made)

IBT
December 2, 2003, 8:04 pm
CAN PPL LIVE WITHOUT USEING THE WORD "N00B"?
the answer is yes... iv done it for 83% of my life, if i can do it, you can do it.
part 2
if you want to critisize ppls stuff, say it in a nice way if you care enough to say it in the 1st place, and if you dont like something, either dont use or shut it and use it if you have to

done and done.

AerialAssault
December 2, 2003, 8:42 pm
koil, i also noted i shouldnt have used the word n00bgun, did u catch that? in most matches u end up running into someone going head on from different sides of the screen, and your usually too close together by the time u realize the guys got deagles, u got something besides m79 or barret and your screwed, i think any weapon shouldnt be so powerful as to completely own anything, im not dissing deagle users or at least im not trying to, im pointing something out to see if anyone agrees with me. i have always been one to say that all weapons have pros and cons, but the only con of deagles are there range, and thats not to big of a loss. theres not need to personally attack me over me trying to make conversation. here for all of u, im going to co,pletely rephrase the topic here is the new topic "I think that the desert eagles are overpowered, please share your opinions or thoughts here, i want to know what everyone else thinks"

N1nj@
December 2, 2003, 9:28 pm
i just read the 1st post of the thread and skipped thru all replies..( i am lazy =) )

anyway, i kinda agree with you, dealge is a unfair/unbalanced weapon.

Squal
December 3, 2003, 3:23 am
I, would have to agree with Captain whats his face, he makes a good point, in some.. weird twisted way... Nice of you to mention Ess' her Steyr skills :p

n2j3
December 3, 2003, 3:41 am
quote:Originally posted by koil
btw, evryone got a (diffrent) opinion of their own, but the trick
that many ppl will have the same opinion as you.
[...]
who do you think michal will listen? to the 28ppl who hate deagels?
to the 300ppl who hate barret?
to the 53ppl who hate knives?

I wish I could be so optimistic koil, but "the 300 ppl who hate barret " wont make anyone's ear sweat *looks at betatesters' favourite weapon* ... that's why.

RuFIo_2Wai_
December 3, 2003, 4:09 am
erm yey go n2j3... i agree with everyone... im a n00b ur a n00b... we should all be n00bs. As a wise man, Dr. Suess, once said "If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."

Spike
December 3, 2003, 4:28 am
aerialassault your complaint about desert eagles is just another (ow i got shot and died) complaints. the fact is every weapon has advantages and disadvantages. some weapons are more powerful than others, but the physics on every gun are different. of corse some guns seem to be over powered but really someone sitting in front of a computer has spent give or take 5 minutes learning the gun and how to shoot it well.

the majority of players use barret, m79, deagles, or ruger. this is because these weapons deal alot of damage. lets ban them because they hurt!!!! complain complain complain

the next type of player uses autos too 2-4 maybe the other guns above as well. autos are fun. they hurt but sometimes they dont hurt enough and you get shot and die because your oponent was using one of the high damage weapons above. wahh wahhh i got pwnt cuz i cant use grenades and shoot faster and stuff wahh. but some players are uber leet and are like rawr ph33r me i shot u with auto and stole your flag ha ha ha

the next kind of player uses shotgun or minime. shotgun is strong but poeple usually are confused about it. same with minime. the physics are all wierd and stuff but if you try they hurt alot. these players are fun they prolly use the guns above too.

the last kind of player uses chaingun. this player is anoying. wahhhh wahhhhh wahhh

in conclusion just about every gun is lame and it depends on your lame noob shootar power. some poeple like to lame more than others. stop asking to nerf guns its getting old.. i went through the whole barret thing about 3 months ago thinking it was lame. but now its lame that everytime someone someone touches the gun they get screamed at or it turns into a lamefest of barreteers. i like the soldat feel rite now and i kinda wish the physics wouldnt change all that much in the new version because to be honest michal will never stop getting complaints. if every gun is balanced there will be no challenging or different weapons theyll all be the same.

SBaL
December 3, 2003, 5:04 am
is it just me laughing my ass of at everyone actually reacting on this topic ?
MWUHAHAHAHAHAAAA

oh...
crap...

choco
December 3, 2003, 6:54 am
how about i just list all the advantages and disadvantages and see how weapons can be countered this way there is no true noob gun

ADVANTAGES!!!!

deagles:high damage and quick reload

hk-mp5:incredibly high fire rate good for enaging groups of people...also a decent damage rate

AK74:(one of my faves) truly a beast (although i think it should be the 47 cos an ak74 uses a 5.45mm bullet whereas a 47 uses a 7.62x54mm)very high damage great accuracy and a 40 round clip

Steyr AUG:(one of my faves)very fast fire rates great accuracy and almost no bullet drop..short reloads included

Spas 12:(i like it but not a fave)very high damage and nice spray

rugger:great accuracy and damage

m79:(hate this thing)high damage and splash damage

Barret m82a1:(one of my faves)(should be barret m99 which is bolt action m82 is not http://world.guns.ru)one shot kills very high accuracy

m249 SAW:nice damage and tonnes of ammo

Minigun:can anyone say its raining bullets, insane weapon

DISADVANTAGES!!!!

deagles:usless at long range vulnerable to snipers

mp5:usless at long range and too much spray

AK47:u know what happens when u run outa ammo,slow fire rates too

Steyr AUG:uselss against someone with a weapon that has a higher fire rate

spas 12:it a shotgun, useless at long range

rugger:long pause between shots

m79:always picked on and off by snipers

m82a1:reload is when they get u....also the time it takes u to pop your shoulders in between shots

m249:reload reload reload

minigun:LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!

that should about do it.....figure out how to use this to your advantage ill get u started

Barret=weak against auto weapon users

Captain_Jimbo
December 3, 2003, 7:03 am

The Deagles a n00b weapon? Hmmm....naw, I can't really see them being too overpowered or much of a threat. Once upon a time, sure, but they're not too much of a problem; easily dodge-able...if that's a word. But like everyone says, everyone's got a "noob" weapon. While I despise barrets, I'll admit they take some percision and have no problem with them when they're used for flag defense. Everyone hates a certian weapon, just like I will forever remain in disgust of the m79, the only weapon (excluding secondaries, which are fine) where you can completely miss your target and still mame him/her. But even with all the disgust and whatnot, I second the guy who vouches for a "no weapon change" for the next version.

Oh yeah, and to that other guy, I agree. The Spas is extremely over-looked.

Happy Camper
December 3, 2003, 11:41 pm
Captain Granitesticles, how did you know of essy?

Captain_Jimbo
December 4, 2003, 3:32 am

Uhhh...yeah...Rabbit moon jock strap to you, too.

SILENT
December 4, 2003, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Granitesticles
So you continue skipping along... but wait! It's Essentle[AoA] with that steyr aug [:-bigeyes]! You shoot and shoot and shoot, hoping to graze or injure enough so that a close-in kill is more garanteed, but that steyr aug just keeps firing so straight and from so far away [:-devil] !
Alas, you die [:(], because of Essey's superior range and straighter concentrated aim. [xx(]

Essy pwnz j00[:P]

Happy Camper
December 4, 2003, 9:03 pm
lol, i wanna know who that guy was!

kevith
December 4, 2003, 9:24 pm
Maybe if we're lucky 1.2 won't have any weapons and we can just punch each other to death...then we can't argue about this anymore.

Captain_Jimbo
December 5, 2003, 2:22 am

Skrew that, fists are for n00bs.

toadsMoke
December 5, 2003, 3:02 am
(moved)

morpheus
December 5, 2003, 3:31 am
well, realistically, i can't call ANY weapon a noob weapon. it's just all in the way you defend against them with YOUR weapon.

quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo

Everyone hates a certian weapon, just like I will forever remain in disgust of the m79

hehe.. and jimbo (no offense intended here) but i KNOW why you hate the m79 so much. i used to run the area 51 server, where you played quite a bit, and i read a lot of your comments in the server logs about another fellow that played there quite often that used the m79. do the initials j.w. ring a bell?