( search forums )
Im always up for a ripoff of TFC
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Virdeus
December 2, 2003, 1:56 am
you know, different classes, and give each of them certain qualities, although the game is already similar to that already by only having 1 weapon per person, but more elaborated. Everyone could be different by how much bulletproof armor they start out with.

Scout: Really fast, but no armor and weak gun, probably some camo. 2 cluster grenades?

Snipers: Can choose either Rugar or Barret. who can wear camoflage, maybe they look like a bush(probably limit the snipers), probably
zoom in with also Rugar. No grenades and no LAW. Average speed.

Soldier: Uses anything, but has a quicker fire rate and much faster reload. speed is probably fairly slow.

Demoman: use the M79 but it shoots farther than normarl, generates grenades. little bit faster then the soldier. maybe can set mines or some sort or explosives of some kind.

Medic: Can heal people but weapons are limited can has a slightly slower fire rate and reload rate. Regerates own health. Secondary can only be Health Pack, Must be a very close to be healed.

Heavy Weapons Guy: Lots of ARMOR, but do we really want noobs using the minigun with this guy... OK HES SUPER SLOW he can hardly hover.

Pyro: only has the flamegod weapon. but hes faster then everyone but the scout and the Spy. His secondary weapon can be also either an MP5 or the Dual Desert Eagles. He can be pretty resistent to Explosions such as the LAW, M79, or grenades.

Spy: Can disguise as an enemy, but he can only have the socom and knife as his weapons. His Socom is silenced and the Spy can only see his bullet trails. He can also Freign death. Where is body will look like it just got killed. No Grenades. Possibly have Dual Desert Eagles but they should be a little more weak than they are now. Not sure if he should be able just to generate a spy costume or have to get them off dead bodies. idk, probably generate them but only when he is standing still. When in Spy costume he teammates can see SPY smally written over his head.

Engineer: could build those manned turrets like in Kampf, and could generate armor. could probably build mini-turrets but you have to be fairly close, maybe half a screen. only certain weapons, no sniper or M79.

heck, im already excited... it should be more fun then TFC...

Anyone care to Comment.?.?!?

Haro1121
December 2, 2003, 2:07 am
hmm it would make the delay of 1.2 a little longer, i actually some wut like this idea even though its already been mentioned a few times o well i still like it....... Maybe make it a server option so servers could choose from regular soldat and or team soldat (or wut ever u wanna call it)

Chakra
December 2, 2003, 2:10 am
all in all a good idea guv, butttttt by the time it would take to impliment anything of this suggestion in any form i'd be too busy playing Crash Bandicoot 7: The Adult Adventures on my Playstationcube-5 Advanced to care.

Still, TFC, or any other FPS made 2D is definitely a fun and playable idea. But that'd be like creating a whole new game. Better wait for Michal (the creator) to allow soldat to be fully modifiable by the community before making wishes.

Wills59
December 2, 2003, 4:34 am
for 3.0

Virdeus
December 2, 2003, 4:37 am
but all you really need to do is edit a few things. Just change the gun selection menu to class selection, or maybe a certain gun represents a certain class. Then you just need to edit their speed and like maybe color. And just futz with the grenades and stuff and itd work but itd be defininty implimented before Crash Bandicoot 7. then how about i hope for it for version 1.3???

Wills59
December 2, 2003, 4:44 am
It probably would be that hard to change, and it sounds like an awsome idea (not sure about the pyro or heavy class) but i don't think anybody wants ver2.0 to be delayed any longer then needed. Maybe for 2.1 ?

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 2, 2003, 6:07 am
Look how long it has taken to fix bugs and such. Somthing of this complexity would take more than a year. IMHO

Virdeus
December 2, 2003, 4:33 pm
then how about someone do a mod or something...

b00stA
December 2, 2003, 4:43 pm
Bleh, I don't really care about those kinda suggestions anymore.

Michal has ENOUGH things to do. Fixes, improvements.. but this stuff is too big (especially right now)!

It's only a one man team behind Soldat.
(NO, don't ask "can I help him coding? source code please!")

sativa
December 2, 2003, 7:13 pm
nice idea but when we want to make a mod we have to be like a half year working on it to get it perfect like we want it but stil i thin it is a verry good idea ( like [:-censored]erstrike mod verry cooooool)

Weed
December 2, 2003, 7:31 pm
why are u asking for soldat to become this thing?
just send an email to some software company and give them the idea.
cuz this isnt something u will see till version 8.1.5 of soldat ;)
this would change the whole game... it will stop being soldat and would become a mixing of: Worms, UT, CS, and RA2... sounds like a good idea but not a real idea...

CardBoardWarrior
December 2, 2003, 7:51 pm
How bout all this is v. 2.0.0. I'm not agreeing to anything that delays 1.2.0.