( search forums )
The Mighty Chainsaw
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
December 2, 2003, 5:09 am

Ohhhhh pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease! lets make it useful (and fun) in 1.2

Ideas:

Kills instantly, but you kill yourself whenever you roll or jump with it. (ever tried doing stunts with a chainsaw in your hand?)

Throwable, and continues to do damage while idle on the ground.

Doesn't kill instantly, but slows the opponent down while being striked (perhaps permenently).

Instead of constant fire/spin, can only be fired like a knife stabbing, or 'swiping'.

please? [:I]

Wills59
December 2, 2003, 5:21 am
Kills instantly, but you kill yourself whenever you roll or jump with it. (ever tried doing stunts with a chainsaw in your hand?)

I like!

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 2, 2003, 6:04 am
*applause* Yes Chakra has solved the mighty chain saw puzzle. It would kind of double as a land mine if planted behind a bush.

Hercule Poirot
December 2, 2003, 8:51 am
Kills instantly? NO! in 1.14 it was like that i remember running enemy base on voland stand spawining place and get mastakilla many times

Aquillion
December 2, 2003, 1:05 pm
'Kills instantly' strikes me as a bad idea, both because we already have enough kill-instantly weapons (especially the knife, which would be too similar) and because of the base-kill problems mentioned above. Ditto for knife-style slashing or throwing -- we already have a knife, no need to make the chainsaw into a knife clone. If it's going to be made any more similar, better to just remove it and put in a new secondary in its place... it's not like we need that many close-range attacks.

One idea might be to have the chainsaw heal you slightly as you damage people with it. It's a wierd idea, but at least it would make it more distinct from the knife...

b00stA
December 2, 2003, 1:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirot
Is it possible Michal that you could change chainsaw to another weapon or item (...) all who uses chainsaw anymore? not many only few players so i dont see much use for that so maybe it should be replace with other weapon/item...
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
I use it:)
I love when people stand and look at me ("what is he doing?") and then I chop their limbs off:))

The chainsaw was never intended to be a 'normal' weapon. It's rather a cool option.

CardBoardWarrior
December 2, 2003, 7:58 pm
Neh, I like all those ideas Chakra you are on a roll with the suggestions!

LiL_FuKa
December 2, 2003, 8:18 pm
"continues to do damage while idle on the ground."

That's the only bit I like, but alas, it's been suggested before.

n2j3
December 2, 2003, 8:46 pm
Chakra knows his [:-censored], dig?

Chakra
December 3, 2003, 5:18 am
NNARGHHH SOMEONE THINK OF SOMETHING DEFINITE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2003, 6:43 am
i ususally dont agree with you chak but ill have to agree with you this time, nice idea

mat
December 3, 2003, 7:08 am
big up for chakra! good ideea

quote:Throwable, and continues to do damage while idle on the ground.

only till it "empties" :))