( search forums )
physical corpses
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Marry-Kate Olsen
December 2, 2003, 5:45 am
I allready used the search function and found nothing on it.

Here's my idea, Lets say your running across the map and you happen to plant a knife in the enemys chest. If you were to walk up to the corpse, instead of walking past it you stepped over it as if it were a piece of terrain.

Another example is if you kill some one in air and the corpse falls onto you, it will pull you down like a giant wieght.

Just a thought. I'm aware chances are slim of anything being implemented at this period of time.

Chakra
December 2, 2003, 5:53 am
Mmmmmm not bad baby, not bad. But, I imagine this would only feel 'proper' if bodies were actually kinetic while alive too...would be kinda interesting ^_^

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 2, 2003, 6:01 am
Verry true, but imagine spawning :X. People would be sandwhiched and if a member of the aposing team were to be carrying an m79. Can you say tripple kill? but eather way it would be interesting to try.

NuZZ
December 2, 2003, 9:01 am
LOL i love it 100%
go team
YO!
Go going... But need more opinoins. Im to tired to do all that sht, im onl ya single man!

Droopy
December 2, 2003, 3:32 pm
Cool! You could hide behind bodies (if you lay down ofcourse, heh), and if a nade hits a guy infront of you, he would hit you and proboably save you from enemy fire!!!

CardBoardWarrior
December 2, 2003, 7:54 pm
Yeah there was an other suggestion similar to this, bodies would stay on the gorund and you could hide behind them and stuff. But for it to not lag the dead bodies would have to not move when fired at.

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 3, 2003, 2:21 am
The bodys would hve to disappear a few seconds after the person spawns to prevent lag.

Droopy
December 4, 2003, 6:41 pm
I agree! There would be more spectacular body flying after a nade hits a group of players!

Cool idea baby! Hehe.

Wills59
December 5, 2003, 3:42 am
If bodies looked real, when shot, it would mean that people could lie down and pretend to be dead. that would be cool.

morpheus
December 5, 2003, 4:40 am
well, if you could loot the body, and pick up the extra nades and such he was carrying and add it to your arsenal, that would be ok.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 5, 2003, 6:59 am
good idea! but then again spawning would make you spawn on top of each other and make a mess and then theres the lag factor.

Droopy
December 5, 2003, 6:10 pm
No this would only work for bodies not for players! How did you expect players to pass each other?[:D]

ClanKwH
December 5, 2003, 7:20 pm
no the bodies shouldnt get removed . if you want it to go away pierce it with your gun :P

Michal Marcinkowski
December 6, 2003, 11:53 am
I think it would be annoying. You would trip over every time you run over a piece of body:)
And there is a problem because most servers have respawn time < 5 seconds.

y0da
December 6, 2003, 12:08 pm
Yeah! Michal is always right! [;)]

y0da
December 6, 2003, 12:09 pm
Yeah! Michal is always right! [;)]

Dathker
December 6, 2003, 12:23 pm
AHH!!!! too many big words!!!!

Droopy
December 6, 2003, 3:06 pm
You wouldn't trip over them your majesty(or whats it spelled)! You would simply walk over them?

So I wont get baned couse of this right?

?
December 6, 2003, 3:53 pm
no you can give sass to important people if its all in good fun, andway, if anything like this idea was implemented it could only add maybe 2 seconds to the decay time, since there is soo much killing in soldat, plus the low spawn time like michal said =)

Droopy
December 6, 2003, 4:31 pm
Hmm..

Guyz! They got a point there.