( search forums )
Autokick and autoban teamkillers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo
December 2, 2003, 7:03 am
I would like to have ff on at my server but without such a feature it's quite difficult.

eyic
December 2, 2003, 7:35 am
then whats hte point of FF if you cant kill team mates? FF is about killing your team mates in cross fire, were the neemy is shootign at u and ur shooting back but soem bullets are ihtting your team mates, so i dont think people would be bappy if they got auto banned if they kill a team mate by mistake..

Leo
December 2, 2003, 7:40 am
No, I don't mean that you get banned by an accidently teamkill. But you DO get autoban after, let's say 10 tkills. Or the number could be changed by the server operator.

systemfeind
December 2, 2003, 2:37 pm
good idea. its the same [:-censored] like in cs. there are always some idiots having fun stupidly killing their teammates and laughing at them. it would stop them ab bit.

Aquillion
December 3, 2003, 1:33 am
It should give people a warning when they approach the limit, so they know to be careful if it was just an accident. Also, it should be "10 teamkills within 10 minutes" or something like that, to avoid having them rack up in very long, crowded games.

...oh, I can see another problem. Wouldn't some jerks deliberately step onto their teammate's grenades/into their teammate's fire, just to get other people banned? That could cause a problem.

CardBoardWarrior
December 3, 2003, 3:11 am
It seems there are good and bad points to this feature. So make it an option and then it's solved. n00bs will be n00bs.

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 5:06 am
i like the idea. i hate it when someone that you kill hundreds of times comes to believe that you're a bot, so [s]he switches teams and starts TKing you.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2003, 6:51 am
I dont think it would be a good idea because someone on your team could just jump in your fires way to get you kicked/banned. + sometimes you just cant help hitting a teamate. Theres no way to stop people from killing you to get the flag. unless you make it where you cant ff the person wit the flag, but that still wouldnt work. I think that the old fashion all agree to kick works fine