( search forums )
A thought on grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
December 2, 2003, 11:39 am
I was just playing a proper bo real-mode game with FF on...first time in months.

After a few minutes, I noticed something was missing...wheres the mass of explosions?

No one was throwing 'nades, unless sure of it's usefulness, because a team-mate would most likely trip on it and be awfully pissed off.

So, thought for the day: how about 'nades are always FF on, able to kill team-mates as well as the enemy and yourself? It'd reduce it's usefulness of course, but I think that'd be for the better... 'cos i'm an evil bastad that wants to take everything away from you [}:)] .

This does of course bring one problem to light: The reason you never see any large servers with FF on is because some twat is always argueing and shooting/spawnkilling his team. Would this still be a major problem if applied to just 'nades?

morpheus
December 2, 2003, 12:42 pm
yep, it'd still make probs. some moron would nade you just in time to take the flag and score, leaving you pretty pissed off since you were the one who had to work your butt off to just get to the flag and then defend the stupid thing until your flag was returned.

in the mean time, others would do it simply because their maturity level makes "little jokes" such as this a humourous way to get their rocks off.

Outcast
December 2, 2003, 4:02 pm
No that would suck ass, morons would nade you just cuz they dont like you and stuff like that

CardBoardWarrior
December 2, 2003, 7:56 pm
Wow a very good idea from Chakra
Ya we need this in 1.2.1
I think it should still be an option though.

LiL_FuKa
December 2, 2003, 8:24 pm
I like it, but the consequences are too great... as morpheus and Outcast already pointed out. Guess it was just meant to stay on those rare, special servers that have FF on.