( search forums )
Changeable Weapon Amounts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spike
December 3, 2003, 11:02 pm
Servers should beable to control the amount of a type of weapon a team can have. For example... #1 barret per team. #2 ak's #4 deagles. ect.

peemonkey
December 3, 2003, 11:44 pm
first reply! yay! i think it might be good, but people would get pisst and confuzed and leave the server. i would like it though, so that only 1 person camps...
50/50

CardBoardWarrior
December 3, 2003, 11:51 pm
100%
This is like the first good suggestion in a while...besides Chakras of course ;)

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 4, 2003, 12:45 am
I would get pissed if I couldn't have an m79. No.

JayBDey
December 4, 2003, 12:51 am
LOL, this would never work. Most people who play are not smart enough to understand why they cant use their barret.
Then they get pissed off because they can't whore with their railgun anymore.

Spike
December 4, 2003, 2:14 am
well theyre could be a number next to the selectable weapons saying how many can be used or if any are available, or there could be a weapon manufacture time like for example...
m79:30 seconds, barret:180 seconds, ak:20 seconds, shotgun:0 seconds and every time a weapon is selected it takes that much time for it to be in stock again.

Kamikaze_Ninja
December 4, 2003, 3:49 am
Muahahha since its primary I don't care KNIFE ALL DA WAY lol, it could be an add on like survival or something that u have a checkbox for might be coo.

Wills59
December 4, 2003, 4:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Spike
well theyre could be a number next to the selectable weapons saying how many can be used or if any are available, or there could be a weapon manufacture time like for example...
m79:30 seconds, barret:180 seconds, ak:20 seconds, shotgun:0 seconds and every time a weapon is selected it takes that much time for it to be in stock again.

I like both these ideas, could be good for realistic mode!

koil
December 4, 2003, 4:56 am
well, the secs idea wont work.
ppl who only use 1weapon (and god knows theres enough of them), will just wait untill their weapon (aka barret) will get back. this would ruin the gameplay.

but the first idea, with the quantity, is hella good.
i support that 100 precent.. but the thing is.. is it a 'option', or it'll be like this forever?

Spike
December 4, 2003, 5:08 am
oh it would be an option that the server creaters could set. like if the server wanted they could make it unlimited for any weapon or they could limit it

Wills59
December 4, 2003, 5:23 am
YUP. Also it would force people to use different weapons, instead of newbs just taking the minigun all the time.

Maybe when setting up a game, you could customise not just which weapons where in the game, but also how many of each weapon was avalible for use?

Spike
December 4, 2003, 5:29 am
uhm yea what i was saying tehe

Wills59
December 4, 2003, 5:36 am
soz ! :D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 4, 2003, 12:27 pm
This should only be on realistic mode like your troops are waiting for supplies or something, it would make it more like real life but do we want soldat to be that real????????

kkazican
December 4, 2003, 9:19 pm
I think time could be better spent than persuing this idea.

Chakra
December 4, 2003, 9:50 pm
Definitely an idea worth fine-tuning and actually putting in soldat.

peemonkey
December 4, 2003, 10:14 pm
now im 75% fer the # idea. it just rocks. and if people get confused, you could use my test idea(gotta pass a small test proving you know the more difficult-to-grasp Soldat features) or not, whatever. good idier

?
December 5, 2003, 12:48 am
yeah likes its been siad before it owuld not work, you can control teh weapons enough now as it is i think

Droopy
December 5, 2003, 6:29 pm
Horrible!

Thats all!