( search forums )
Realistic Mode or NOT?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
dckitplus
December 4, 2003, 8:53 am
which one is better? noral/ realistic mode?
i like the recoil effect and the vision range effect in realistic mode
but most guns can kill in 1 shot is no good at all[xx(]

Wasp_
December 4, 2003, 9:07 am
R E A L I S T I C !

Dustbag
December 4, 2003, 9:10 am
Dude! It's just not comparable. I like both. Some people say realistic is all about luck, some others say that people with no skill play it. Personally, I like having to cope with recoil and realistic damage, you have to deal also with your jetpack 'cause you can fall too much and kill yourself. The only thing is that because of stupid bugs, gameplay is hindered. If there was a non-bugged Soldat, realistic would own!

I'll have to say I play half of the time on realistic and I like going for those suicide runs against the enemy flag. It's so much more violent and gory than normal mode.

But then again, if you're looking for gameplay where you can effectively powerup, realistic's not the one. But dude, IT'S REALISTIC. You die realisticly, that's the point.

And about all guns killing in one shot, well that's life man. I like it that way, you hide in a bush with your shotgun and BOOM! He's dead! "HAHAHA, in your face 'tard!" I just love to do that. And it kinda changes the balance of weapons. Some are still more powerful than others. Deagles are mean in realistic, so is shotgun, and I can effectively fight with the damn SOCOM!!! That's fun!

Chakra
December 4, 2003, 9:20 am
Theres as big a divide as counterstrike with quake ..

Element_101
December 4, 2003, 9:50 am
realistic mode has its good points and bad points but it would be better

if you didnt get hurt when falling

frogboy
December 4, 2003, 9:59 am
Thats why its realistic.

Aquarius
December 4, 2003, 10:21 am
I like both modes, but in infiltration I prefer REALISTIC! Realistic Infiltration rocks!

Element_101
December 4, 2003, 10:57 am
Yeah I know its realistic mode but it gets annoying when you die from

falling from to high..

b00stA
December 4, 2003, 3:07 pm
It's your own fault when you don't use the jets >_>

Anyway.. I like both, no need to decide which one's better.

cooz
December 4, 2003, 3:32 pm
i love realistic (eg there is so much fun on bunkier map with parachute :), on realistic there is no snipers and it is also good side of this mod, but if u want to play really good in soldat u must train in normal mode...

BMF
December 4, 2003, 4:42 pm
i love em all. they are like my babies

wert21
December 4, 2003, 6:43 pm
I like non-realistic mode, simply coz realistic is boring after 10 minutes, and there's not so difference between weapon and weapon.
but i can't play soldat at the moment, [:-censored]in access violation... i'm crying.[:(][:(]

Alamo
December 4, 2003, 7:35 pm
I have to say, that i love the realistic mode, but the fall damage is a little to heavy... maybe it should be reduced, because in a gunfight you dont care about your height (at least i dont). when you play quake or cs you see those deeeep holes from an ego view... that makes them 'bigger'. i cant explain it, hope you understand me :)

morpheus
December 4, 2003, 7:46 pm
i like realistic for the simple fact that it is a bit more challenging, but unfortunately i can never find a realistic server that gives me a decent connect, otherwise i'd play it much more often than i do.

Happy Camper
December 4, 2003, 9:01 pm
i like RM and non-RM, but if the bugs in RM are fixed RM would owm you all, also it sux ass to play in a RM lagy server :P

cooz
December 4, 2003, 9:28 pm
about what RM bug U are talking about?

kevith
December 4, 2003, 9:32 pm
Both are great of course... but there aren't enough realistic servers. I love the line of sight in realistic but I hate how you get fall damage for seemingly random things sometimes (jump/running up an incline comes to mind).

Liber_Lupus
December 4, 2003, 9:34 pm
wert try deleting file named "dxlog.chk" in C:\WINDOWS, i like both, in realistic ak kicks ass, u only need few bullets to get a kill, and well non-realistic im used to play.

qazwertred
December 4, 2003, 11:19 pm
Realistic is good except on Lagrange coz it is(or was) so lame when u start with getting hurt from the fall.

?
December 5, 2003, 12:37 am
i must admit i havn't played realistic in months

scarecrow
December 8, 2003, 12:59 pm
they're both good but i vote for realistic

IBT
December 8, 2003, 8:18 pm
realistic is prolly about 5 times better than normal, but whenever i play UNrealistic over the net, EVERYONE is useing the sniper rifle... its prolly coz theres the one-shot-long-time restriction to the weapon

in this case, i stick w/ my avaitor