( search forums )
Fraps and 2k video files
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Wasp_
December 4, 2003, 6:29 pm
Ok. So I want to make those nice Soldat home-videos. The tool for this seems to be Fraps. Downloaded, Installed, Started. All settings are fine. Started soldat, saw the framerate counter, pressed f9, quit soldat, tried the .avi. "Class not registered" and filesize is 2 kB. So I read the manual. Needs to be in 16 bit mode. Soldat only has 16 and 32 and I've always used the 16 bit mode. Tried every setting that could be related. No effect. Help. Please. How did you do it?

b00stA
December 4, 2003, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Wasp_
... Started. All settings are fine. Started soldat, saw the framerate counter, pressed f9, X quit soldat, tried the .avi ...

"X" = the place where something went wrong.
You should do it like that:
Start Fraps, start Soldat, play, record and then stop recording before quitting Soldat (actually, before leaving in-game).

If it still doesn't work, try 1.9A instead of 1.9D

Wasp_
December 5, 2003, 1:47 pm
quote:"X" = the place where something went wrong.
You should do it like that:
Start Fraps, start Soldat, play, record and then stop recording before quitting Soldat (actually, before leaving in-game).
Nope. done that. Even tried to hold f9 for a while -> Tens of little 2kB files...
But The older version works, so thaks!

b00stA
December 5, 2003, 7:12 pm
What do you mean by "older version"? What did you use before?

2.0 is the newest version, but shareware.
Afaik, 1.9D and 1.9A are almost the same except they support other chipsets (never actually read it, because the normal version works for me).

Have fun :)

Element_101
December 7, 2003, 10:46 am
Yeah try the different version