( search forums )
Fog of War option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spike
December 4, 2003, 11:30 pm
There should really be an off and on button for servers for fog of war but for normal mode, I know its in realistic but I would love to play with it in normal mode.

CardBoardWarrior
December 5, 2003, 1:50 am
Yeah, good idea, but I wouldnt call it "fog of war"...

Maybe somthing like "realistic view/sight" under game type or whatev in the start game tab.

Spike
December 5, 2003, 2:03 am
yea i was just using that term because thats what its called in most games

Kazuki
December 5, 2003, 2:29 am
I dunno, I personally like it better without the 'fog', but some ppl like it that way.

toadsMoke
December 5, 2003, 2:33 am
I really like that idea. [old one though =P]

i imagine it'd be difficult to implement.
also, to do it well would be a major drain on system resources.

Spike
December 5, 2003, 2:38 am
its already in realistic mode toad but just apply it to normal with an on or off switch not to hard to impliment if michal wanted to spend some time on it

Wills59
December 5, 2003, 3:24 am
yup, this would be good.

peemonkey
December 5, 2003, 3:50 am
i dont like it...one of my fav servers could have it and it'd ruin me! btw cbw: isnt the nose on yer siggy guy(hilarius, i might add) a little uuhh....phalic? im prolly trippin...lol

toadsMoke
December 5, 2003, 4:18 am
Spike: too true =P

SILENT
December 5, 2003, 5:09 am
Yeah i luv this idea.[:-propeller] Keep up the good work spike.[^]

Dathker
December 6, 2003, 2:09 am
hahah thats awsome...except it really should be FOG -O- WAR like with fog and [:-censored]..so you can only see so far ahead of you!!![this in turn wouldn't allow barretards to shoot you from a mile away!!!]

bintz2000
December 8, 2003, 9:57 pm
I don't like the idea but thats probably why i am not a big fan of Realistic mode.

Squal
December 10, 2003, 2:12 am
i lov real mode... but i guess since NO ONE makes real mode servers, this is the next best thing :)