( search forums )
stupid racism & ignore feature?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dire
December 5, 2003, 5:31 pm
Ive just been on a soldat deathmatch server when i came upon a spammer named RockPapperScissors who was spamming the chat with racist abuse as shown below.

[RockPapperScissors] DIRTY ********** POLISH JEWS SHOULD OF DIED IN WW2

Which was pasted over and over again and it was impossible to play a game. Firstly I was shocked at how pathetic some players can be and its the first time I've come across such filth like this.

Now I'm wondering if there is an ignore feature in soldat that I can use to ignore such stupid players in the future

b00stA
December 5, 2003, 7:08 pm
Either kill him repeatedly or wait for Michal to implement a /ignore command :|

DNA.styx
December 5, 2003, 7:13 pm
(moved to suggestions forum)

1. Report the offender to the server's admin, they will be able to trace the person and ban them (which I would do anyhow)

2. At the moment there is no ignore function, all you can try to do is vote them off.

...b00stA, managed to post before I did :)

Meandor
December 5, 2003, 7:35 pm
I was wondering.. Does the kick function work? I never saw it in action =d

Dire
December 5, 2003, 9:50 pm
Yes i've seen people try it but it doesnt seem to work. does it have to be server enabled?

?
December 5, 2003, 9:53 pm
yeah i posted an ignore feature before, i think it would come in handy

frogboy
December 5, 2003, 10:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
I was wondering.. Does the kick function work? I never saw it in action =d

Yeah, I use it when I want to swap bots on my server which is up not very often.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 6, 2003, 5:35 am
yea, it works but everyone has to vote and some ppl dont vote..its really annoyn :/

toadsMoke
December 6, 2003, 6:48 am
the /kick command is case-sensitive. /kick toadsmoke, when my name is toadsMoke, won't work.

El_Mariachi
December 6, 2003, 8:35 am
If the server admin comes up with an IP, make sure to post it here so I can ban him too...
/Mariachi

frogboy
December 6, 2003, 9:45 am
Get the lobby server to ban 'em.

Hercule Poirot
December 6, 2003, 9:51 am
Heres your man

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/soldat/dm/1on1/ladder/player/635636/

El_Mariachi
December 6, 2003, 10:07 am
Nice detective work there Hercule, but on the other hand, who would expect anything less from u ;)

Too bad u cant ban a nick...

/Mariachi

quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirot
Heres your man

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/soldat/dm/1on1/ladder/player/635636/

frogboy
December 6, 2003, 10:14 am
If he's in your server you can. Maybe we should all challenge this guy in Soldat, in the ESL league?

Meandor
December 6, 2003, 1:51 pm
The number of players that need to votekick someone should be reduced.. 60%?
And about it being sensitive, just use the menu funtion so you get it right.

morpheus
December 6, 2003, 9:51 pm
well, a mute / ignore feature has been requested now for many months. we're just still waiting for that to be added in.

and i think it's just 51% to vote kick someone, but on ctf, you're chances of getting the opposing team to vote is rather low, especially if you're trying to get rid of a couple of idlers.

i think the vote kick (in ctf at least) should be team specific. 51% of the team votes and the problem causer is gone.

bLaStEr
December 7, 2003, 12:22 am
hmh.. I think too that ingnore would be handy :D & btw /kick works everytime you just have to be sure off them name ;)

Dathker
December 7, 2003, 1:04 am
hey guys....RPS is cool so you gotta leave him alone