( search forums )
modification/additon to the LAW
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CountZero
December 6, 2003, 4:23 pm
I think it would be nice if the LAw could be fired while prone.Modify The projectile to follow a straighter line then (so you dont blow yourself up)

Chakra
December 6, 2003, 4:36 pm

Droopy
December 6, 2003, 4:38 pm
Ha! Look at this guy! Imagine! Firing prone. With a LAW!

Have you ever seen a man fireing a bazuka prone! Have you ever seen a bazuka? Get real!

wormdundee
December 6, 2003, 5:06 pm
wow droopy, your quite a dip[:-censored] arent you? within the first 2 thread i read today all i saw was you flaming people, and not helping the thread at all

is it because you think that now your a big bad Corporal you can flame people?
and what you just said in your last post was quite retarded since not only in the last version could you fire when prone but also...well

Ha! Look at this guy! Imagine! Having jets coming out of your feet!

Have you ever seen a soldier with jetboots! Have you ever seen a jet engine? Get real!

if you cant understand, my point here is that soldat isnt the most realistic game around is it?

personally, i quite enjoyed it when you could fire the LAW prone, made for great mid-air prone shots

Ivan0
December 6, 2003, 5:27 pm
make it an .ini option!

y0da
December 6, 2003, 5:49 pm
WTF is a prone??? I don't get it [:I]

?
December 6, 2003, 6:10 pm
what is soldat?

b00stA
December 6, 2003, 6:37 pm
Ivan0, that's just a plain useless idea, making it an .ini option >_>

wormdundee is the only one who actually replied something helpful.

Yepp, in the older version you were able to fire the LAW while in prone position (or prone+off the ground).
Who knows.. maybe we will be able to that again in a future version?

Oh, and Chakra, gj >:)

Droopy
December 6, 2003, 7:12 pm
O.K. Ill shut up!
I dont have to speak!
I'll be quiet youll see!
And dont think you can get me to speak!
Nope Im not saying one word!
Ill leave now!
Im leavin!
And dont try to stop me!
Im going home to grandmama!

Minute later..

Grany wasnt home!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 6, 2003, 7:24 pm
yea prone LAW shots are sooo fun! Ya hear that michal???

bintz2000
December 8, 2003, 9:54 pm
Being able to fire the Law while in prone would make it easier to fire while in air. I think it would make the weapon more powerful than it already is. which is not what it needs

Squal
December 10, 2003, 2:35 am
/me follows Chakra by doing:

kkazican
December 10, 2003, 3:16 am
bintz what you said is in my opinion the exact reason why LAWs were disabled from being able to be fired while prone. Everyone used it and everyone used it in midair doing kamikaze bombing runs by shoot an m79, chucking nades, and then using the nice precision of the LAW to shoot the survivors. Especially annoying during viet.

peemonkey
December 11, 2003, 2:17 am
lol...this is fun....were all a little club that..oh, nevermind. you either get me or dont. it was fun being able to fly into an enemy base, prone mid-air, fire your LAw, thus killing the whole team with one shot, then you just groab the flag, and stoll off without a care in the world. la-de-da-de-da...
so anyway, in real life, it's perfectly reasonalbe to fire a LAW while lying down. it doesnt have much kick, and is disposable. .ini option? dont get me into that. meow?

eyic
December 11, 2003, 4:37 am
bleh u'll be able to fire the law while proning soon enough :)

frogboy
December 11, 2003, 6:03 am
Yeah, Michal's re-releasing Soldat 1.1.4 as 1.2, but he's adding SG's that overheat.

n00bface
December 11, 2003, 2:31 pm
Thank god.. no more idiot SG campers.

LiL_FuKa
December 11, 2003, 5:16 pm
Damn you eyic i was gonna say that, not for the sake of giving info out about 1.2, but to stop people arguing about it.

Oh and y0da, going prone means lying down in soldat..

CountZero
December 12, 2003, 2:30 am
i was thinking more along the lines as using the LAW as a sniper waepon or a support weapon (for keeping the opposition pinned)

CardBoardWarrior
December 13, 2003, 2:02 am
..only problem is that it takes a half an hour to reload!

eyic
December 13, 2003, 2:31 am
so ur sayign that the law should have a lower reload time? get real! :/
the law is very strong the way it is...

Liber_Lupus
December 25, 2003, 12:22 am
useless change i think, let the law be like it is, my opinion

Belross
December 25, 2003, 9:20 am
Yeah, can we make it rapid-fire and heat seeking, too?

Dude, part of what makes the Law great is it isn't easy to use. Having to crouch to use it makes it more strategic and fun to use, plus spawns creative methods to fire it like crouching as you go off cliffs. Making a weapon too easy to use just ruins its great tactical elements.

frogboy
December 25, 2003, 9:45 am
Didn't you boycott Soldat?

Anyway, I agree. I hate not being able to shoot LAW's in the air.