( search forums )
Mozilla
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Spectral
December 6, 2003, 6:26 pm
i just got the browser mozilla 1.5, which has problems viewing this forum. the background is all white and there's some graphics and links missing. the dropdown menus at the top work however. is there anythin i should download or change to fix this?

b00stA
December 6, 2003, 6:46 pm
Hmm, I'm using Mozilla Firebird 0.7 and everything is displayed normally.

Dunno how to help you.. I guess something with the stylesheets went wrong.

Spectral
December 6, 2003, 11:40 pm
k thx, ill just get firebird then

n2j3
December 7, 2003, 1:56 am
I've used K-Meleon 0.8 extensively on the forums and i had no probs...
Opera 7.x on the other hand has some issues with the menu mouse-over things [e.g. where you put your mouse over Members for example and you see the dropdown]

[plug]
[K-Meleon is based on Mozzila's latest build minus the bloat - if you favour speed over looks this is the one to go for]
[/plug]

Spectral
December 7, 2003, 6:05 pm
mozilla, firebird, k-meleon alike do not display this forum properly for me. oh well, shall just hafta use ie for it

jerka
December 9, 2003, 5:16 pm
I've got mozilla, and i have the same problem. Although it works fine if you go trough a link. www.soldat.pl/main.htm has a link i always use

palloco
December 9, 2003, 8:11 pm
That is right jerka. I had no problems using Mozilla 1.5, but when I changed to Firebird 0.7(which seems to be just the browser a bit modified and mozila the suite) it appeared that problem solutioned in that way or adding active.asp. But it is not a problem of the browser because I also suffered it on MS Explorer.
Dunno how Opera deals with these forums but I experienced in it several display problems when surfing in full screen.
This is because asp is buggy, it is better to change to php or other language

DNA.styx
December 10, 2003, 1:31 am
Yup, I'm posting this using Mozilla 5.1, the forum's all looking fine, only wee glitch I can see is that the drop down menu's about 5px lower than it should be. Edit: and the Smilies box is a bit busted.

"Mozilla Firebird is a Technology Preview"

> This is because asp is buggy, it is better to change to php or other language
Yea, right. [:)]

n2j3
December 10, 2003, 4:51 am
quote:Originally posted by jerka
I've got mozilla, and i have the same problem. Although it works fine if you go trough a link. www.soldat.pl/main.htm has a link i always use

What do you mean exactly can you explain?

Btw, this is opera 7.23 [latest build] and the drop-menu glitch.

[IMAGE]

morpheus
December 10, 2003, 5:09 am
each browser renders the page a tad bit differently because it interprets the coding differently.

ie is the most forgiving, missing quite a bit of msitakes, while netscape, or any mozilla based browser, is (usually) a much better html validator.

run a few pages through this online html validator http://watson.addy.com/ and see what comes up. it'll point out all the errors. once all the errors are gone, the pages will start to look a lot more alike in all browsers.

DNA.styx
December 10, 2003, 7:33 am
> each browser renders the page a tad bit differently because it
>interprets the coding differently.
>
>e is the most forgiving, missing quite a bit of msitakes, while netscape,
>or any mozilla based browser, is (usually) a much better html validator.
Yup, so it's dodgy HTML coding not dodgy ASP coding.

palloco
December 10, 2003, 7:36 am
Nice web Morpheus, Im putting it into favorites to optimize my web

morpheus
December 10, 2003, 7:51 am
styx: yep, anything that the browser has to interpret. html, css, javascript, etc etc etc.

on some rare occasions, the coding is the factor, due to poor coding that doesn't generate the html properly (mainly tables), but i highly doubt that's the case here.

palloco: i do all of my coding by hand (ie, no frontpage, dreamweaver, etc) so doc watson does come in real handy, especially when it comes to browser compatabilities.

palloco
December 10, 2003, 8:40 am
I also do it in a text editor. I was just fascinated when I make a web in frontage with just Hola and it occupied 5 kb, lol.