( search forums )
Corpse Physics, Client-side?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Amon26
December 8, 2003, 7:41 pm
So i was playing soldat and blew somebody's off head with a shotgun, then to add insult to injury i shot at the head in mid-air sending it flying across the room. I was wondering though, are the actions of the corpses (and their respective gibs) relayed to all the other players in the game, or is it something that each computer kind of calculates on its own? (making 1 death look slightly different in everyone's eyes) coz if it was different on the victims side, i would have looked like i was just shooting in the air like a retard [B)]

b00stA
December 8, 2003, 8:07 pm
I'm not quite sure, but I think it's a mix between those two methods.
Well, I can't explain it properly, so let's just wait for Michal :)

IBT
December 8, 2003, 8:21 pm
the flying bodys physics is halariously awsome!

kevith
December 8, 2003, 8:42 pm
If someone shoots your decapitated head and it falls off of a cliff/platform, your camera follows it off the edge doesn't it? And you do see dead bodies fly over your head sometimes. It's all related somehow.

AerialAssault
December 9, 2003, 2:05 am
how lovely that kids these days want others to see them adding insult to injury whenever someone is decapitated, such a promising youth, the world will be left in good hands

Spitzfiya
December 9, 2003, 3:33 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
how lovely that kids these days want others to see them adding insult to injury whenever someone is decapitated, such a promising youth, the world will be left in good hands

WHo the hell wouldnt laugh at that????

Amon26
December 9, 2003, 4:53 am
Who you ask? Tiny men in green uniforms with shotguns. Thats who shall be doing the insulting shotgun decapitations of 2003. so get used to it, sugarbob! ;-)

Element_101
December 9, 2003, 10:45 am
AerialAssalut Kool sig!!

perfect circle are good as, one of my favourte bands!

AerialAssault
December 9, 2003, 11:35 am
even tho i have a new sig, that doesnt mean people can stop ph33ring the Aerials

Element_101
December 9, 2003, 12:16 pm
?? ok then "ph33ring" soz I dont understand..

AerialAssault
December 9, 2003, 8:32 pm
ph33r = fear

morpheus
December 9, 2003, 10:16 pm
well, considering i had to make adjustments to his sig before he could use it, he's nothing to "ph33r" [;)]

Element_101
December 10, 2003, 3:30 am
Lol kk ph33r = fear got it..