( search forums )
Damn good idea!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
spuge
December 8, 2003, 7:48 pm
Hello! i had great idea that in the game should be own made voice taunts (wav-files), so you could shout to an another player something fun or else you like to... I found out that there was some taunts like alt+4 what was funny but whit your own voice it would be even greater! and it would be self download when you go to game...[8D] I know everybody would love it, but if you notice this please tell this to another because this first place i found. I think it would be one of the best idea in the game when the 1.2, version come out.

frogboy
December 9, 2003, 5:37 am
It has already been thought of and voted against by the majority.

Droopy
December 9, 2003, 2:50 pm
It would be cool. You think it would lag th servers?

SERIAL KILLeR
December 9, 2003, 3:15 pm
That would be cool.
It should be a command u have to add in a taunt.
(ex: say_team:"enemy spotted -play enemy_spotted.wav").
Then u could also make ur own custom wav-files in your clan.

Aquarius
December 9, 2003, 8:59 pm
WAV files are pretty large... What if someone will record very long speech? What if someone will record some stupid, vulgar or annoying noises? And if he will play it constantly?

These files would have to be downloaded on your computer before you join, it would lag the server.

I don't like this idea.

Dark_Noddy
December 9, 2003, 9:56 pm
If it would be like smal Mp3s that come with the game. It wouldnt take more then some kbs.
and if U could change them as U please.. then it would be up to U how it would sound.. add the mute function and there will be no annoyment nor lag

spuge
December 9, 2003, 10:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
It would be cool. You think it would lag th servers?

It would not if you download them from the beginning of game and they would be small ones and i think if you have good connection it would not be broblem...

spuge
December 9, 2003, 11:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
WAV files are pretty large... What if someone will record very long speech? What if someone will record some stupid, vulgar or annoying noises? And if he will play it constantly?

These files would have to be downloaded on your computer before you join, it would lag the server.

I don't like this idea.

well sorry if you dont like but i dont need to be like that i could be like straight to me whit mickey or how you like it but i could be possible toy work out some how and so what if there would be annoying noises because they would be so short ones like the game have allready... but if it wouldnt work, i cant nothing about it... anyway this was just an suggestion.

GarGoyLe
December 9, 2003, 11:13 pm
Here's what I think about this: A single mp3-file that you can customize which the game will accept if it is under, let's say 100KB. Also, a player has the ability to mute this .mp3 completely so it doesn't annoy anyone.
Also, a menu option "Don't download custom sounds" makes it possible to completely bypass this function.