( search forums )
Suicide = -1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dark Soul
December 8, 2003, 8:30 pm
It sucks when some idiot with M79 shoots when hes next to me. He suicides and he gets points. If he kill me and he suicides, he shouldn't get points, and if he just suicides, he should lose 1 point.

If you are gonna say that this has been posted before, shut the [:-censored] up :P

kevith
December 8, 2003, 8:37 pm
I thought that you did lose a point for a suicide... at least you did before.

Dark Soul
December 8, 2003, 8:44 pm
Well, then it should be back... Cause you don't lose anything when you die... IF you are in low health and you don't find a medkit, you suicide. If you are getting killed and you know that you will die, write /kill, you die and nobody wins/loses points... So this is really needed :.(

koil
December 8, 2003, 9:38 pm
i remember how much i hated the -1 points (in 1.1.3 and the before versions).
espacilly in team dm games.

i think its better this way (that one guy acts lame and kills himself), then the previous way (one guy can ruin the whole team game).

a big no for this idea.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 8, 2003, 10:54 pm
when you get stuck in a poly or have low health you have to kill yourself.[:D]

Amon26
December 9, 2003, 5:19 am
I dunno.. In every other DM or Teambased DM game the rules apply -1 pt for suicide..

Yakirx
December 9, 2003, 12:26 pm
[:(!][:(!]NO[:(!]

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 9, 2003, 12:52 pm
Your a bloody fool. Anyone that can remember 1.1.3 where suicide did take away a point hated it. NO

Essentle
December 9, 2003, 2:56 pm
What about when u get into bug? No way.. Then u have to lose 1 point without reason [:-yuck]

Dathker
December 10, 2003, 1:15 am
i think that you should lose a point for a death and gain a poin for killing some one..but if you type the command /kill then you shouldn't lose a point...<--pretty smart huh?

...oh yea ess.... i hate your new sig pixture

frogboy
December 10, 2003, 4:27 am
How about this instead:

Suicide = +3+/- 2: depending on how interesting the suicide is, like if its like those Halo Warthog launching movies.

Bugs Revenge
December 10, 2003, 3:18 pm
No!!!!
man, there are a lot of bugs that stuck u in the ground and then u must click the /kill.
y should u lose points coz of bugs?!

Essentle
December 11, 2003, 12:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
i think that you should lose a point for a death and gain a poin for killing some one..but if you type the command /kill then you shouldn't lose a point...<--pretty smart huh?

...oh yea ess.... i hate your new sig pixture

Hahah [:D] Sorry, but my old one was too big... [:-ashamed]

NuZZ
December 11, 2003, 5:47 am
u used to loose a point, but, i thin kits a much more gorey game now, theres now more kamikazes around dez dayz :D

Toumaz
December 11, 2003, 9:37 am
No more -1 point after suicide!
Any1 remembers that irritating "Suicide = 2*respawn time" in the old 105?
That sux!

koil
December 11, 2003, 9:45 am
...the double respawn time when you suicided happend in < 1.0.5 - 1.1.2 (or 2)

bLaStEr
December 11, 2003, 5:23 pm
Yeah.. It's much better this way, besides weren't soldat meant to be fun!? ;D

LiL_FuKa
December 11, 2003, 5:40 pm
Yeah, I say leave it as it is beb'..ever heard of Kamikaze kills?

swanofnever
December 11, 2003, 5:46 pm
i think the 2*respawn or -1 points would be a useful server option -- for instance, in realistic or clan matches, it would make things a lot more "serious" and less run-around-all-silly-like-firing-m79-and-tossing-nades-at-random..

raigan

Yakirx
December 11, 2003, 7:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by swanofnever
i think the 2*respawn or -1 points would be a useful server option -- for instance, in realistic or clan matches, it would make things a lot more "serious" and less run-around-all-silly-like-firing-m79-and-tossing-nades-at-random..

raigan

hmm it will be nice just in clan match and stuff ....
they to put option to choose it...

kkazican
December 12, 2003, 12:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark Soul
It sucks when some idiot with M79 shoots when hes next to me. He suicides and he gets points. If he kill me and he suicides, he shouldn't get points, and if he just suicides, he should lose 1 point.

If you are gonna say that this has been posted before, shut the [:-censored] up :P

Here is an idea. Instead of whining about it why don't you kill the guy before he can actually get right next to you and kill you. I think the -1 point idea sucks!

Dark Soul
December 17, 2003, 8:06 am
Well, then maybe make it to don't win a point if you kill the enemy and yourself with the same nade/bullet or whatever

frogboy
December 17, 2003, 8:09 am
No, kamikaze kills are cool.

Dark Soul
December 17, 2003, 8:10 am
:.(..........................

Snowden
December 18, 2003, 12:36 am
There is a deaths column in the scores list for a reason. From a player's point to death ratio you can tell the respectable players from the kamikaze idiots. It is too easy to accidentally kill yourself in Soldat, so suicides depleting your points would just lead to unneccesary anguish.

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 1:01 am
How about lock this stupid topic. Negitive Suicide points are gone for a reason.