( search forums )
connect/disconnect bug (was Cheating on DNA?)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Spitzfiya
December 9, 2003, 3:20 am
I was in DNA games on ctf_laos and fabmanx was entering and exiting concecutivly, He was still moving and playing, he even killed me a few times. Fabmanx was appearing and disappearing each time he joined he would teleport to the place he was heading. Was he cheating? what was the problem here? Its very hard to kill someone with the flag when thier teleporting everywhere........

[IMAGE]

If this is just another bug then damn.... -_-
This lasted for a while and no one in the server responded to me.

Spectral
December 9, 2003, 3:22 am
must be a bug, ive seen it happen to a number of people before, myself included, and i dont cheat

Spitzfiya
December 9, 2003, 3:25 am
ill change the topic title, it might give Fabmanx a bad name.

Damn bugs.

Dathker
December 9, 2003, 3:36 am
yea i think it was a bug...cuz iwas there and i didn't see that [:-censored]...on the other hand i don't know someone who was cheating at that same exact second....i shot him at least 10 times with the ruger..if not more and he didn't die..guess who.. it was :CIA: Tai

Spitzfiya
December 9, 2003, 4:00 am
Yeah I found it odd that no one was responding to my "FFS! Fabmanx stop doing that!!" or my "WTF ARE YOU DOING FAB??"

R
December 9, 2003, 4:28 am
once i was sitting playing right next to my brother and we were in the same server, on my screen it had that "mechaflash has disconnected" and connected stuff, but in his screen nothing was happening and he wasnt cheating at all. So i assume its a newer bug, perhaps something with the server?

jc011
December 9, 2003, 4:31 am
I've seen this bug a few times, its usually only you that can see it and the player connecting and disconnecting will flash in and out of the game, kinda like spawning every few seconds. Rejoining the server probably solves the problem.

Kamikaze_Ninja
December 9, 2003, 5:41 am
Seen it a bunch in the early days of 1.1.5 not as much lately.

fabmanx
December 9, 2003, 5:44 am
I didnt do that..i joined the game and never left.....it was just u..cuz other ppl didnt know what u werre talking about and said i was perfectly fine....and even if some1 did that it wouldnt be cheating..u [:-censored]...l0ol j/k...now i know what u were yelling about

BMF
December 9, 2003, 5:52 am
now i know why you beat me so many times, fab

Spitzfiya
December 9, 2003, 6:06 am
quote:Originally posted by fabmanx
I didnt do that..i joined the game and never left.....it was just u..cuz other ppl didnt know what u werre talking about and said i was perfectly fine....and even if some1 did that it wouldnt be cheating..u [:-censored]...l0ol j/k...now i know what u were yelling about

I thought it was some kind of network hack you were using to have fun before you left soldat 1.1.5.

I intercepted your plot to take over the world Fab! mwhahahahah...

Sorry aobut this topic man.

EvilLaugh
December 9, 2003, 7:36 am
It's definatly a bug, I thought it was cheating too, but it's a network problem

fabmanx
December 9, 2003, 7:57 am
BMF....i know u cant get over the fact that i beat u every time we dueled...but i dont cheat...so I KICKED UR ASS...hehe.....its ok spitz....its a bug...oh well...

DNA.styx
December 9, 2003, 10:36 am
(moved)

Squal
December 10, 2003, 3:11 am
Seen it once.. said: the [:-censored] are you doing?! f000kin hax0R! now i know its a bug, so sorry person...( forgot the name )

Scuba Steve
December 11, 2003, 12:42 am
It means the person that sees it is lagging i think. Casue its happened to me before and i have a 56 and when i rejoined it was fixed :\

n00bface
December 11, 2003, 2:35 pm
I think it's a linux server bug.. it happens with me all the time on SG staticgamer, wargamez servers, selfkill.de, etc..