( search forums )
what is a cheat exactly?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Milkman Dan
December 10, 2003, 9:42 am
i dont care if you delete this cos its not allowed but.... what is a "cheat" (for soldat) exactly. is it like when you type something in the console or like a hack or... what?

arC
December 10, 2003, 10:44 am
Its when you 'hack' into the game and change something that is not allowed, to give yourself benefits..if thats what you mean.

Element_101
December 10, 2003, 10:58 am
Its diffcult to say if thats a cheat or a hack..

morpheus
December 10, 2003, 11:41 am
well, if it's a command in the game then you could hardly call it a cheat.

DNA.styx
December 10, 2003, 1:27 pm
Server admins in most game have the ability to 'cheat' (Quake1/2/3, HL/CS using god mode or no clip) there is nothing you can do about that except avoid any server with a n00b admin that likes to cheat for their own gain.

n2j3
December 10, 2003, 2:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
Server admins in most game have the ability to 'cheat' (Quake1/2/3, HL/CS using god mode or no clip) there is nothing you can do about that except avoid any server with a n00b admin that likes to cheat for their own gain.

Yeah i tried /l***o for the first time last night [useless in my case cause i stick to a single weapon most of the time] and found out that it's more annoying than you think and hardly a cheat. The weaps window pops-up whenever any of the players types the /l***o command ..

swanofnever
December 10, 2003, 6:30 pm
hm.. sounds like a great way to annoy admins ;)

maybe one of the betatesters could submit that as a bug?
raigan

IBT
December 10, 2003, 7:25 pm
a "cheat" can be one of 2 things
1 a code that is build IN-GAME that when entered can give you specal benefitslike in UT, god, will give you invincability
2 a tool that will let you HACK into the game that will give you benefits, like traners (YRMCT is one, most of them tho, wont have specal multiplayer protection like this one), most commenly used in Cstrike

Liber_Lupus
December 10, 2003, 10:07 pm
swanofnever, host can only use it and its not a bug, its a COMMAND in the game.

Ardaen
December 11, 2003, 2:06 am
LOL, cheating is any time you are breaking the rules of the game or playing in a dishonest fashion. Using limbo isn't a cheat, if the other players know about it and don't mind, it is if they do mind or dont know about it.

You can cheat using a simple bug in the game, or you could use a hack but not be cheating. It all depends on what the cheat does, what the hack does, and how you use or abuse them.

n00bface
December 11, 2003, 3:06 am
Liber_Lupus, he was referring to the post above his which said when ANY OF THE PLAYERS IN THE SERVER type the command, the window pops up for the admin.

AL3X1C0N
January 7, 2004, 8:24 pm
Adrean is totaly right whut sux so bad is that u get kicked by noobs who dont know [:-censored] bout soldat
and kick you cause u got a to good score :| thats just sick ME WANT REVENGE!!!!

AerialAssault
January 7, 2004, 8:32 pm
cheating is bad...

N1nj@
January 7, 2004, 10:03 pm
AL3X1C0N: then next time don't join that server and take it as a lesson you learned.

Sekushi
January 7, 2004, 10:32 pm
Just stick to DNA [:D]

AerialAssault
January 8, 2004, 1:27 am
wasnt Tai cheating on DNA?

frogboy
January 8, 2004, 1:44 am
Yeah, but Styx matched the IP's and banned him.

AerialAssault
January 8, 2004, 2:09 am
couldnt he just get a new IP address?

Hova
January 8, 2004, 3:10 am
Uh, if he was using cable or dsl, it might be a bit difficult to do so.

Sithak
January 8, 2004, 6:36 am
why would u wana no? u planing something 0_o

Hiei
January 10, 2004, 2:36 pm
man cheats are gay anyone who uses cheats suck and there balls should be chopped off.an if its a chick they can come to me ^_^

DNA.styx
January 10, 2004, 3:06 pm
Yes, indeed.