( search forums )
Elevators
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-SPI-
December 12, 2003, 4:40 am
I know vehicles have been adressed ad nauseum, but what about this? elevators, that go up in their own shafts at the sides, or middle of maps, I'm not sure if they should go up by themselves or when people step on them.

Also those big industrial ones, with doors (that would be bullet proof) that open Aliens style.

eyic
December 12, 2003, 4:53 am
I dont think this is too bad of an idea but I dont think it'll work verry well...

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 12, 2003, 6:44 am
why

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 12, 2003, 6:57 am
quote:I dont think this is too bad of an idea but I dont think it'll work verry well...

I dont think it would be integrated.

frogboy
December 12, 2003, 8:23 am
I think its a good idea.

MikeShinoda- Vehicles are integrated?

Meandor
December 12, 2003, 12:36 pm
Too lazy to use stairs? wow. ( and who would want an ELEVATOR when you have STUFF UNDER YOUR SHOES THAT MAKES YOU FLY? =d )

Aquarius
December 12, 2003, 12:57 pm
Polygons able to move and rotate would be nice. Many new possibilities for map makers.

n00bface
December 12, 2003, 2:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
Too lazy to use stairs? wow. ( and who would want an ELEVATOR when you have STUFF UNDER YOUR SHOES THAT MAKES YOU FLY? =d )

The elevator would be there so you would be able to prone on it and camp, silly [:)]

Droopy
December 12, 2003, 3:44 pm
How about if you moove teh elevator with your jet boots! when youre all out of it you teh elevator would slowly slide down.

Not bad, but i think wery few people would use it!

Wait hoe about if teh elevator would go up and down all by itself and you would just step into it, if you realy wanted to. Think of teh cool duels on teh top oh teh elevator! And sudely theres teh roof and I get avay, but you, well... !!!SPALSH!!!

peemonkey
December 12, 2003, 5:15 pm
...no...1-way polys would take care of it. just keep jumping. this could also be called ladders, staris, etc.

y0da
December 12, 2003, 5:24 pm
it was suggested... by me :P. it was in the topic "ladders"... for what you need elevators? for a hospital? :[;)]

ClanKwH
December 12, 2003, 5:53 pm
But eh its a good idea! lets remove the jetboots they aint realistic and it doesnt fit in

eyic
December 12, 2003, 10:11 pm
NO! dont remove the jet boots u moron, its the style fo the game, and they'll never be removed! NEVER!
^_^

LiL_FuKa
December 12, 2003, 10:24 pm
Yes indeedy, moving poly's would own.

NuZZ
December 12, 2003, 10:28 pm
Yes lots of posibilities. Id make a map were you must successfuly get through a crushing maze...
Ahh The Possibilities... :D.

CardBoardWarrior
December 13, 2003, 1:47 am
No.
Ladders, at least, before elevators.
Jesus Christ people, this is SOLDAT for crying out loud...have you ever seen elevators on a battlefeild? THEY WOULDNT BE FRICKIN BULLETPROOF EITHER!!!

Aquarius
December 13, 2003, 4:04 am
Have you ever seen a windmill, a train, a boat, etc?

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 4:47 am
Have you ever seen clans on a battlefield? HAH! ELEVATORS RULE!

-SPI-
December 13, 2003, 9:45 am
The way I see it most of the ideas in soldat are from Action movies. And elevators feature in pretty much any action movie you care to mention.

frogboy
December 13, 2003, 10:19 am
quote:Originally posted by CardBoardWarrior
have you ever seen elevators on a battlefeild?

Have you ever seen chainsaws and jetshoes on a battlefield? Because, I sure haven't.

Meandor
December 13, 2003, 11:48 am
Let's say moving poligons and it's a good idea. Elevators would be useless because soldat is made to be played generally in 'outdoor' maps and open spaces. It just doesn't fit the soldat style.

PS Noobguy you can prone even when flying duh. And what's the point of camping on a moving elevator? Isn't immobile ground fancy enough? =d

villekallio
December 13, 2003, 12:14 pm
Has any of you ever seen a battlefield?

Droopy
December 13, 2003, 7:40 pm
Hey a hospital! Not a bad idea! Inf_.. no no wait, CTF_hospital!!! With an elevator!!!

That would rule!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 14, 2003, 8:27 am
Haha?..nice one Droopy?.

Imagine?instead of Flags, you get patients, and the Enemies are doctors?lol!

General: OK SOLDIERS! Your Mission is to grab the patient, shoot the doctors, and get him to the ground floor!

-SPI-
December 14, 2003, 9:47 am
But seriously, although soldat is mostly outdoors some indoor maps wouldn't hurt and to have working elevators would be cool.

First floor: Laws, grenades, general carnage DING!

As for moving polys imagine some mario themed levels with working donut blocks etc. It would open up possibilties for map makers.

NuZZ
December 14, 2003, 10:51 am
The spi is wise

CardBoardWarrior
December 14, 2003, 6:23 pm
Don't give me this "have you ever seen jetboots on a battlefeild" or "have you ever seen chainsaws on a battlefeild" crap. Obviously, no, I havent, and Im sure you havent either. It doesnt matter if its realistic or not, an elevator just would not fit into Soldat's playing style. The way it was meant to be played.

quote:Elevators would be useless because soldat is made to be played generally in 'outdoor' maps and open spaces. It just doesn't fit the soldat style.

EXACTLY!!!

NuZZ
December 14, 2003, 6:37 pm
What about indoor maps :D lol
Ok lock topic throw into bin 8{

Droopy
December 14, 2003, 8:48 pm
Nooo don't lock it! This may actualy born something! No.. not in teh bin (lol).

Maybe we don't need elevators, but we need indor maps! So elevators could come as a bonus..

Think about it! You thaught about it? no?
That think some more!

Ha now im wise!!

HC_ScubaSteve
December 16, 2003, 2:18 am
Elevators are good! everyone here who doesnt like it just is coming in with the idea of "we dont need this" we dont need anything, we need food, lets just put in stuff so long as it wouldnt screw anything up. whats the big deal??????

frogboy
December 16, 2003, 5:07 am
And there are outside elevators.

And CTF-Voland- that seems like an inside map.

Anti-Commie
December 16, 2003, 7:56 pm
elevators would be the pimp!! I'm in the design process for making a map where elevators would be awesome. Besides, don't some infiltration maps take place indoors?

ZeRo222
December 16, 2003, 11:59 pm
ya moving polys would be great!
Then you could make your own models like trains that can go left and right.
Because I find Soldat realy boring right now i want new possibilites!

Why do all ppl say in this forum "lets add a car" "lets add a ladder" "lets add that&that"
because ppl is getting bored out of the same old game-style, and only the ppl with posts over 1000 think they can rule the forum because they are "veterans" and always says "no, thats not good" "no respon to add it" "no soldat should not change" "its would make the game bad".

Lets make a new soldat!!!
Join up with me ppl and bring new FUN possibilites out of soldat.
Dont let the old so called veterans controll us!

Secret(SF2.0 out 24th Dec)Secret