( search forums )
Sending Messages with Mouse Button
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MisterX
December 12, 2003, 4:59 pm
It's just a little idea, but: it would be helpful, if you could send your messages with left and/or right mouse button/s. This would be helpful for the ones using taunts like "Flagcarrier escaping upper way!", because then you wouldn't even have to take your hand away from the mouse. And, while you can't even shoot while typing, this would be, as said twice now, helpful :)

Chakra
December 12, 2003, 5:04 pm
Intrigueing idea...especially if you had a menu of things to say/taunts that you could scroll up or down with with the mouse's scroll...thingy.

The left mouse button could then be used to confirm sending the message, and right for cancelling in case you pressed by mistake.

MisterX
December 12, 2003, 5:24 pm
yep, good addition. would be great, if that would be in, both (sending and canceling) would be really helpful. it sucks, if you send things, you didnt wanted to say, or deleting the message with backspace.. please, michal, put this in, please!

CardBoardWarrior
December 13, 2003, 1:51 am
This would be very helpful- the only thing I would suggest would be to have the left button send it, and the right one would cancel the message and not send it at all. If it were that you could "recall" your message, what if you said somthing and sent it; but you wanted to use the jet right after? Wouldn't work.

Dathker
December 13, 2003, 2:20 am
i don't understand how it works....

MisterX
December 13, 2003, 3:07 am
@CardBoardWarrior: why wouldn't it work? I don't really understand..

-SPI-
December 13, 2003, 9:56 am
I don't see why this isn't there already. I mean you click to confirm weapons, teams, and all the voting etc. Why not talking. Good idea.

bLaStEr
December 13, 2003, 3:05 pm
I think it's fine as it is ;D

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 3:33 pm
Yes, please add this, I always get killed when im typing (I talk to much, but still, it's annoying).

frogboy
December 13, 2003, 10:41 pm
I'd rather be able to shoot when I'm talking

peemonkey
December 14, 2003, 12:51 am
quote:I'd rather be able to shoot when I'm tallking
yea. cmon...use the TAUNTS LIST
fire when typeing/alt+_ing would be 1338

MisterX
December 26, 2003, 6:40 am
nobody really said anything against it, so i would like that more people will see this, and maybe than it will be implemented in the version 1.2...maybe.. so: *push*

Essentle
December 26, 2003, 4:52 pm
I think it would be better if u would send/write messages at the same time you are moving.. Like you are writing something, and then enemy comes to u, u can just leave your message there for a while [:P]

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 26, 2003, 7:18 pm
it wouldnt work a whole new type of bugs would start u try and shoot and taunt menu would popup.....
tho if u still had to press t then a menu pops up and the u pick it would work.....
ud still not be able to shoot tho

Alpha
December 29, 2003, 5:46 am
what about people that have more than 2 buttons on thier mouse?, in my case i have 5, left, right, middle, VERY left and VERY right, maybe you could just assign it to a button in the options, and when you push the button the list of taunts (most people have thme edited to things like 'Need backup!' and stuff) then you scroll through them with the mouse wheel, then press the same button to selct it?, or just use teamspeak....

MisterX
January 31, 2004, 10:25 pm
Since this hasn't been implemented in 1.2, I just wanted to push it up again, maybe Michal notices it?

Drama
January 31, 2004, 10:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Essentle
I think it would be better if u would send/write messages at the same time you are moving.. Like you are writing something, and then enemy comes to u, u can just leave your message there for a while [:P]

lol, would need 2 keyboard. Id like to have button which deletes the whole message (eg. delete) that if you spot the enemy u can quickly carry on

The irc system using arrow keys (deleting and quickly get it back) would be def

MisterX
January 31, 2004, 11:05 pm
maybe not arrow keys, but just keys you can change in the controls. the only thing you can do now is a taunt without any message, but then you still have to send this "message". or just something like text console. you can easily let it show up (and you can see messages that have been written by others, but arent shown up on the screen anymore), you can write, and if an enemy appears, just press the key again to close the console. so essentles idea could be in, too. so when you were writing something in the console, then close the console, and open it again, the text is still there.
would be great, not? i would like it very much..

Alamo
February 2, 2004, 1:23 pm
i like the base idea! It's really cool, like those (don't kill me) CS-RadioMessages. It needn't be sound but just text... But it rocks :)

Aquarius
February 2, 2004, 1:41 pm
die!

_z1g
February 2, 2004, 3:50 pm
i use Mouse Ware (Logitech mouse only) and i can set in mouse button3 - Enter ... me nee only pres Alt+"X" +Mouse Button 3

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 4:03 pm
i think it would work a little bit easier: auto-send the taunts/texts after alt+...

MisterX
February 2, 2004, 4:20 pm
thought of that, too, but what if i press the wrong key? then i would send the wrong message. but since i send the messages right after pressing alt+XY, this wouldnt be that different to what it is now..