( search forums )
stat guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
morpheus
December 13, 2003, 12:11 am
since stat guns are so despised by the majority, how about making them vulnerable to attack? x amount of nades and they're totally disabled, til the next map.

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 12:30 am
I love it. I can't believe this has never been suggested.. hmmmmmm...

frogboy
December 13, 2003, 12:44 am
Supposedly, they're already overheating in 1.2. Isn't that enough?

?
December 13, 2003, 12:50 am
WE THE PEOPLE MUST VOTE, OVER HEAT OR VUNERABLE YOU DECIDE!! I VOTE VUNERABLE

Dathker
December 13, 2003, 2:22 am
..thats a great idea...and then after that people should die after soo many usages...such as, if some one uses it once and then someone dies, then the person can only come back one or two more times to use the SG

moysturfurmer
December 13, 2003, 3:44 am
we'd have lamers who'd just blow up the stat guns for the fun of it.
OVERHEAT

Spectral
December 13, 2003, 5:07 am
Vulnerable. i want to kill those disgusting things

JayBDey
December 13, 2003, 5:32 am
Most people like them.

And the few who don't tend to have the loudest voices, making it seem like people hate them.

Yes, they do over heat in 1.2, I have the beta. Get the beta if you want to see for yourself, no one will have any complaints about SGs in this version.

sqweek
December 13, 2003, 6:40 pm
Make it so you have to have empty hands to use stat guns! :D

Spectral
December 13, 2003, 6:48 pm
that's a very good, logical suggestion

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 7:17 pm
Yeah, I think overheating and sqweeks suggestion is the way to go.

Droopy
December 13, 2003, 7:23 pm
I agree with sqweek, don't agree with morpheus!

LiL_FuKa
December 13, 2003, 9:32 pm
Well the thing with it overheating is that it just cools down again after 5 secs..

And I suppose it would be pretty good being able to destroy them, but it should be made very hard to do so.. about 10 nades I'd say.

Hitman
December 13, 2003, 11:11 pm
I like the overheating thing, how long does the overheating last for?

sqweek
December 14, 2003, 6:42 pm
quote:Well the thing with it overheating is that it just cools down again after 5 secs..

It totally changes the nature of the guns. You can't just spam anymore (well, you can do it to buy a little time for your carrier or something), because the other team will just wait until your stat gun overheats and then race to kill you. Of course, then you'll jump and start spamming with your ak or something while the stat gun cools off, which is why you shouldn't be able to have a weapon while using the stat gun :p

MisterX
December 14, 2003, 7:32 pm
overheat is ok, vulnerable not really. just think of the blue's in outpost, who say "gah, sg is lame" and destroy it. or red's joining blue, just to destroy sg without getting killed. but overheating, yes, thats good, thats really good.

Droopy
December 14, 2003, 8:37 pm
How about if it would hah a hell alot of ammo and a medium fast reload! Lets say about 15 seconds.. just joking! 4 or 5 seconds so teh red team would have some chance, with a overheat!

Getting to teh flag in inf_abel if someone's handling teh sg is hell! They only have a choice if someone killes teh guy when his parashooting!

Teh gunner's worst nightmare!:(

Luckily im always blue..

MisterX
December 14, 2003, 9:07 pm
hehehe droopy, nice idea. reminds me of the Stalingrad mission in Call of Duty:"When they are reloading, RUN!"

Droopy
December 15, 2003, 6:38 pm
Thanks mister.. X!

Back to topic dudes and dudets

Pono
December 16, 2003, 1:10 am
how about for a stationary gun....like cannons?
like a def gun from WW2? eh?

have a huge splodtion and stuff...or some portable ones? or mortars? lie kthey fire into the air at some kind of call? and splode on impact with big area and range and ish...?

Haro1121
December 16, 2003, 1:55 am
overheats work good in 1.2 leave them alone

HC_ScubaSteve
December 16, 2003, 2:03 am
i say both.

they could have a health and temp bar

| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
H T

:D

but after they are destroyed, they should come back in 3-5 minutes or maybe a set spawn time.

or123
December 16, 2003, 5:13 pm
how about player who come to the SG after it was distroyed in bare hands will be fixing it... the fixing will start after one or two seconds (so not every bare hands player that goes near will fix it)... if the fixing time will be 30 seconds or so it will be fine. if the 'fixings' will be multypiled it will be really nice, and if a SG 15% fixed will be hit again with a granade it will go back to its 'destroyed' form...
what do u think?

or123
December 17, 2003, 6:18 pm
alas! it seems like no one is interested in my idea... and i thought it was a brilliant one... blast.

Droopy
December 17, 2003, 7:31 pm
I like it..

or123
December 18, 2003, 9:46 am
well... thank u... but it seems like we r the only few who think it is a good idea...
but here is a suggestion for improvement, what do u think if not anyone can fix it, but only the player who hold a 'mechanic kit' as his secondery weapon?

Droopy
December 18, 2003, 7:15 pm
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! This brings us to a whole another topic!
Mechanic-kit? But come to think about it, it could be useful if this idea would be used in teh game. But i think no one would like to be a mechanic in teh game thats called Soldat.. But usefull yes.

Weed
December 19, 2003, 12:48 am
why not removing the god damn things?
cmon, only ppl that cant even handle one of the 10 weapons use them, its too stupid, overheat? they should explode when they overheat, not just stop shooting!

Droopy
December 19, 2003, 3:32 pm
STFU you.. weed!

Yesterday we were having a battle over sg! Teh red team had it, but we had teh tunnels! So teh battle was on one place all teh time! We were playing inf_outpost.

Some ppl like sg's!

Anyway isn't there an option for NOT having teh sg in teh game?

Cou'se if so, there should be, so Michal wouldn't delete it becouse of.. Weed![:(!]

Now give me a sec to cool down![:(!]

frogboy
December 19, 2003, 8:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
only ppl that cant even handle one of the 10 weapons
See what we mean? Fighting over the SG.

And it's a server side option, too.

Weed
December 20, 2003, 12:51 am
he wont take it out cuz i said he should
im not his boss, i only said my opinion
and having a war over the SG sounds as stupid as having a war on the roof of kampf.
so i will stick with removing the god damn things.

morpheus
December 20, 2003, 1:18 am
the only real prob i have with the SGs is the fact that some noob is going to sit on the thing the whole game, shooting the same direction, make 3 or 4 kills, and get himself killed repeatedly, instead of actually advancing and trying to help the team either defend or recover the flag.

and at the same time, that same noob is going to be shooting at teammates that are carrying the flag and trying to run back to base, which really slows down their progress.

Droopy
December 20, 2003, 6:21 pm
It also depends on teh player!

I say we give it teh overheat and a reload!

More strategy(yeah right)!

Droopy
December 21, 2003, 6:54 pm
Make this sticky! Please!

It's a serious topic!
And maybe it could change something after all!

Liber_Lupus
December 21, 2003, 8:37 pm
like ppl be4 me said leave the sg alone, overheat in 1.2

Droopy
December 22, 2003, 2:01 pm
Are you saying there is an owerheat in 1.2 or are you just saying tha it should be implimented(I think I spelled that wrong) in 1.2?