( search forums )
2 Questions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
makazuma
December 13, 2003, 2:42 am

Since people use the words 'sniper', 'n00b' and 'camper' as synonimes. We should make some things clear.

campĀ·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmpr)

One that camps, such as a person lodging temporarily in a tent or cabin. (most usefull imo [;)])

A motor vehicle with space and equipment, either in a rear compartment or in an attached trailer, for sleeping and simple housekeeping, used for camping and recreational travel.
The rear compartment or attached trailer of such a vehicle.

Since it isnt clear in the dictionary and even Aristotles doesnt give me the right answers here the serious part:

1. Whats the definition of a camper (is it possible to use sniper or defend without being a camper)?

2. And then, I just wanna know; whos most lame camper known?

PS: No bashing svp.

R
December 13, 2003, 3:14 am
jus letting you know sniper is not a bad term, people use sniper if they want to describe what position a person has not if they use barret. it does not belong in the same category as noob or camper.

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 4:53 am
"go away you stupid sniper". Sniper is just an abbreviation of Barret. Kinda. And people don't say n00b without camper in the case of a 'sniper' -- "stupid n00b camper". Mmhmm.

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 13, 2003, 6:14 am
your a camper.
[IMAGE]
Next time some one says this I'll think of that.

Ender
December 13, 2003, 11:43 am
[URL] Gives:

Camping FPS Style:

camper
"CAM-pur"

One who practices the art of strategic waiting cause hes a puss.

That camper pwned me.

Camper
"Camp-Er"

Someone who hides or "stays" in one place for a long period of time (usually in first person shooter games), waiting for an unsuspected enemy to walk past to direct a lame kill "see lamer", mostly unskilled players who only want to earn points for themselves in a game camp, without really benefiting their team or playing fair at all.In most games camping will eaither get you kicked or hated in a game.

"Jimmy is such a lamer camper..."

camper
"cam-per"

Someone who stays in one spot without moving more than 2 inches, just to get kills or because they have no idea how to play. Snipers who are campers need to learn how to [:-censored]ing play. The only exception is when your covering a flag, but people still get pissed.

Karwhores and Newb Snipers

camper
"cam-per"

Some one who cant play counter strike and hides at the back behind every one else. They are always the last to die, every round!

"Look! Tommys camping again! How 14/\/\3

Camping RPG Style:
camper
"cam-per"

(1) holding the rights to kill a timed MOB in an MMORPG such as AO or EQ

(2) waiting for a MOB to spawn so you could kill it for it's loot

(1) I'm camping Eel for my guild, so back off, kthx.

(2) I've been camping TK for 4 hours to get the rack for my dodga pads

And Now let me try making a fitting soldat-definition:

Camping Soldat Style:

Camper
"CAM-pur"

Soldat Player who lacks any skills at all and tries to get easy score by not-moving-while-shooting and practicing point-and-click. Thus never learning any real skills whatsoever. There are only few truely skilled snipers, like Cbble, Urhos and HotAcid.
As in:
* Instant-Remedy you a camping bitch!
* STFU don't talk to me!

see also: Rocket-Camper

makazuma
December 13, 2003, 11:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Ender
Soldat Player who lacks any skills at all and tries to get easy score by not-moving-while-shooting and practicing point-and-click. Thus never learning any real skills whatsoever. There are only few truely skilled snipers, like Cbble, Urhos and HotAcid.
As in:
* Instant-Remedy you a camping bitch!
* STFU don't talk to me!

Soldat Player who lacks any skills at all and whines about being shot. Thus never learning any real skills whatsoever. There are only few truely skilled whiners, like 2wai clan.
As in:
* Ender since i killed you twice, you cant remember theres a tunnel in this map?
* 'I dont play soldat till 1.2 comes out: then i will own because theres no sniper'

You forgot to show the other side..

Ender
December 13, 2003, 12:04 pm
[:-censored] you maka, you're the lamest camper for sure :) and ya'll never beat me!
(responding to your 2nd point of question)

i vote maka for lamest camper!

n00bface
December 13, 2003, 3:30 pm
I concur!

AerialAssault
December 13, 2003, 4:30 pm
fo schizzle

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2003, 4:31 pm
I vould define a camper (In soldat) a person who sits or crouches on 1 spot waiting for ppl to come by. then shoots them (DOH)

If U crouch, wait for a person U know is comming and after killing him finds another target I would not concider U a camper... Rather a person Usin a basic locate, kill, relocate tactic.

doing some thinking I conclude with the fact that "camper" comes from the word camp, wich is a place U sleep and stay for a longer period !

When playing CTF, Camping IMO is going further then the line of view reaching Ur flag = camping.
in INF. keeping ur ass on Ur half of map is not camping going furter IS. anyway thats my opinions.

BMF
December 13, 2003, 5:06 pm
Ender you said it all