( search forums )
King of the hill
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-SPI-
December 13, 2003, 9:53 am
Look, I don't know if this has been adressed or not (stupid buggy search) But king of the hill should be a gamemode, it shouldn't be too hard to impliment and it would be really fun.
A couple of times I have played a sortof king of the hill (fighting over the one piece of terrain) It was great! All you need is some timer that gives you points for time spent there, It shouldnt be too hard to program.

LiL_FuKa
December 13, 2003, 11:03 am
Yeah well it has been suggested before, and everyone liked the idea.

-SPI-
December 13, 2003, 11:12 am
I kinda expected that, Hopefully it will be implemented.

Inquisitor
December 13, 2003, 3:45 pm
i remember another mode called 'Hail to the King'. Please implement it too.

sande24
December 13, 2003, 4:53 pm
hmm... the map "punker" is somethin' like that... it would be cool, but there should be teams and stuff... u can't protect yourself long on the hill alone...

?
December 13, 2003, 5:20 pm
ok here is an idea for all you people out there, if oyu start your suggestion topic with "i don't know if this has been suggested before" or something along that line, don't posit because it has been

-SPI-
December 14, 2003, 9:49 am
Note to self : Must try harder.

NuZZ
December 14, 2003, 10:49 am
Id be able to make some very good king of the hills. Ill just have o c what Michal thinks... :D

El Toddissimo
December 14, 2003, 1:34 pm
if they did they would have to design the maps to be really good or else they would be sniper dominated...so it depends how much effort the guy wants to put in

n00bface
December 14, 2003, 3:49 pm
Couldn't something like this (Close enough) just be done with deathmatch/teammatch and a cool king-of-the-hill map?

..Or not.

TIR_Blade
December 14, 2003, 6:53 pm
well i sugested this b4, bak in june i think, and well, it doesn't even havta be a hill if u understand that, it could be like a place like fortress and u havta be in a room or something, or even like a bunker type place. There could also be Team king of the hill, where there's like bases that must be controlled, and there are like 2 or 3. Just a thought.

n00bface
December 14, 2003, 7:11 pm
Well I guess it would be fun... but how would you win?

Droopy
December 14, 2003, 9:00 pm
You would have to take an outpost(i guess) on a hill! There should be a trick with teh flags!

I dont know, the team have to bring their flags to teh flag on teh hill! How about a yelow? Like in point match.. or something!

-SPI-
December 14, 2003, 11:04 pm
You win by getting points (say 1 every 5 secs, or something) when you are standing on the hill.