( search forums )
I don't see what all the fuss is about, personally
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Oldies Soldat - v1.05b (closed)
LiL_FuKa
December 13, 2003, 12:30 pm
The only good thing about 1.0.5b was the m79 boost..I dunno why people think so highly of it.

b00stA
December 13, 2003, 2:47 pm
The physics, the automatics, the average player IQ back then..

LiL_FuKa
December 13, 2003, 4:44 pm
Oh I see, but have the physics really changed that much? I really can't see much of a difference.

wormdundee
December 13, 2003, 4:54 pm
gah, its sacrilege! 1.05b is MUCH different than say 1.2 or whatnot

plus, 1.05b had the best damn maps ever, and of course the lovely m79 and wacko physics, it was great, although i suppose a bit cheater friendly

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2003, 6:32 pm
1.05b is better coz of the purity of Fun.. U dont have to concern urself bout barrets with scops and [:-censored] its just pure fun :P

n2j3
December 13, 2003, 9:17 pm
*Nods in agreement* ^^ Sigh, my 1.05 steyr....

LiL_FuKa
December 13, 2003, 9:24 pm
I agree with that, but it's just too old for me to enjoy after playing 1.1.5, I mean the maps like Arena lacked shading back then. And you had to press the number on your keeboard to select your weapon... what a pain in the ass!

Oh and n2j3 I'll prefer using my steyr in 1.2 hihihi... Pitty you won't be around for that *sobs*

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2003, 11:02 pm
I like Mps in 1.2 :D Anyway When playin 105b after 115 I didnt take it serious :D It was just plain fun !!
I didnt care if I died or not, just funneh !!

ThaD
December 14, 2003, 10:00 am
a heretic aaaa sb call for the Inquisition!! :P

I love everything in it: maps (i miss Karh:/), weapon balance (did anyone complain about barret in 105b?????), players (less players but what kind of ppl they were!), bugs (well maybe beside of this damn grenade bug:P), cheaters (whaaaat, it was fun to hunt them:P) and i was younger back then:P

CardBoardWarrior
December 14, 2003, 6:26 pm
...and being able to climb vertical walls, dont forget! That owned! And just about what everyone else said.

sqweek
December 14, 2003, 6:43 pm
I loved being able to get around the map without using jets. Especially with predator :)

AL3X1C0N
January 7, 2004, 8:30 pm
dude cheats@soldat suxxors we will rape u if u keep cheatin

SpaceCow
February 6, 2004, 2:17 pm
The old days was the best, was a game of just pure fun, i left CS to play the older versions 1.05 and the versions before.
i enjoyed the game, it was like the old commodore days, the graphic who cared about that? it was just pure gameplay.
Then he made it anoying to die, becouse you needet to pic a weapon each time you died, needet to push the mouse bottum to shoot some of the guns, well... it just became to much CS for my enjoying.

Anyway i respekt what the guy is making, its still "free" in a way;) but il not play any version as iv played the older versions like 1.05.

iv just downloadet the version again, and have played for an hour, and it was so fun to come back to the relaxing game were it all was so... fun?:)

BoomStick
February 6, 2004, 4:25 pm
Yea, 1.05b pwned all this new stuff. Pity i never got into any clan wars though... Maybe coz i was crap ;p

Deleted User
February 10, 2004, 9:36 pm
1.0.5b was a tighter smaller community. It was very friendly, and you got good sprit when entire servers ganged up on a sole cheater. I feel that the later versions are better, but I bloody miss the good old days [:)]

LiL_FuKa
February 14, 2004, 6:51 pm
What are you doin revivin this old post? HeHe

Deleted User
February 14, 2004, 10:36 pm
Blame SpaceCow, he did it first!