( search forums )
Another router problem!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
n00bface
December 13, 2003, 6:15 pm
I know this has been said before, but it was for a different router and I couldnt really get it working for me!

Okay, I have a NETGEAR RP614 router that is hooked up to a laptop and a server. I'm trying to be able to play soldat on my laptop when the gameserver's on the Server.. when I try and join a game, it says forwarding through lobby forever because the stupid router has a built-in firewall (Which i'd be better without it, but there's nowhere to take it off!!!!). So I want to know how to unblock ports on this thing. If anyone else has the same router, or knows about this router, PLEASE help me! If you need screenshots of the firewall configuration place tell me.

Danke Sehr.

toadsMoke
December 22, 2003, 8:44 pm
the support page for your router has no information on how to configure your firewall, but it does say that it is possible. check your manual for instructions on how to allow certain ports through the routers firewall. if you would, please update us on how it is done for your specific router so that i can update the server help thread