( search forums )
inf_Stalingrad VERSION 2.1 [redownload!]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
December 14, 2003, 3:58 am
Well, I'm back with another map, and its different than anything I've ever made (except for that one Ohama beach map I made awhile back.) This map was inspired by the Soviet campaign in Call of Duty and the opening scene in Enemy at the Gates. You play as either the Soviets (Red) who try to retake Stalingrad and the Square of Fallen Heroes by crossing the Volga river, or playing as the Germans (blue) and protecting Stalingrad. I decided to make this a INF map because it just seems to fit the best. Thanks to Haro's ingenius idea, I reversed the spawns of the flags, so now the objective is for the Soviets (red) to get the flag (which spawns behind the truck) to the Red Square.

Well, this is a pretty straight-forward INF map. Grab and run. Protect and attack. Same same. A new twist to custom mapping I think is the lack of fuel you get on this map. It adds to the realism of it. Oh, and the odds are greatly against the Soviets (red) but I did that on purpose to emphasize the real battle.

Theres a couple of minor minor bugs on the map, most noticably the ground seems to be bugged at certain places. It's not a major distraction, though. No biggy.

Also, I think I hit the limit for Scenery, so the map didn't turn out as great as I thought it would be. Stupid scenery cap. BLEH.

Total time: Approximately 2 hours.

===================
UPDATE
===================
Version 2.1 of inf_Stalingrad

-Added second stories to some buildings
-Added more stationary guns
-Added paratrooper spawnpoints for the Soviets
-Added FULL BOT SUPPORT. Occasional Red flag carrier not capping the flag.
-Added "secrets" to the edge of the world

===================

Enjoy,
Liquidis x Snake

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

inf_Stalingrad.pms [VERSION 2.1]

New hosting for the map and the scenery fix that should allow you to play it.

Map
[URL]

eyic
December 14, 2003, 4:01 am
haha i beta tested it before it came out i feel teh special, anyways man it pwns

Social Poison
December 14, 2003, 4:47 am
Woo... that map is goood looking. Red'll have one heck of a time getting in ;)

frogboy
December 14, 2003, 5:14 am
If you don't want the people to go all the way back with the flag, try setting a flag spawn point near the other one.

EDIT: I see the waypointing problems. Try waypointing around it, instead of through.

MeshBlorg
December 14, 2003, 5:48 am
looks really good from the s/s's you provided

LiL_FuKa
December 14, 2003, 10:43 am
Awhh man that looks so cool, but the link's not working for me! It's been happening a lot lately. This sucks.

frogboy
December 14, 2003, 10:44 am
You have to copy/paste the whole link- The forum doesn't pick up the '(1).zip' part.

y0da
December 14, 2003, 10:56 am
not bad, not bad... [:P]

LiL_FuKa
December 14, 2003, 11:10 am
Ohh thanks a bunch frogboy.. I'm a little slow when it comes to these things, *sigh*

peemonkey
December 14, 2003, 5:15 pm
fixed your siggy, eh Lil_Fuka? anyway...i think you could have made it a little bit better visually, you know, clearer? (if that's a word at all) anyway, i like it, so im download it. BEEP

liquidis x snake
December 14, 2003, 5:41 pm
I tried to make this map look as realistic to a war-torn city as possible. Also I tried to make this THE World War 2 map to put all the Ohama ones to shame. Think I succeeded?

Tweak896
December 14, 2003, 6:41 pm
/me is speechless............

.FF.nEcRoTik
December 14, 2003, 7:34 pm
awesome!

Dathker
December 14, 2003, 7:43 pm
holy poopy thats awsome...and you say that only took you 2 hours to make?!?!?!

n00bface
December 14, 2003, 8:14 pm
IT'S GOT VEHICLES!!!! It looks awesome, though.... very awesome... definitly the ultimate WWII map.

CardBoardWarrior
December 14, 2003, 9:21 pm
Looking good....but I dont mess with maps that have extra scenery sorry.

cooz
December 14, 2003, 11:34 pm
looks interesting...

Aquarius
December 15, 2003, 12:57 am
Wow! Nice map!

BTW... A few months ago, I was making a map with extra sceneries with the same theme (Stalingrad), but I haven't finished it. [B)]

Dathker
December 15, 2003, 3:01 am
its cool...especially with the henshin mod!!!
oh yea i for got...you should make it so the water is not colliding and the have the person drown to there doom!!! and you should make parratroopers too....and make sure mike puts this map on 1.2!!!!!!!!!!

liquidis x snake
December 15, 2003, 4:38 am
Well, I'm up for a version 2 of this map. There will be no graphical changes.

I am going to add:

Second stories to certain buildings to allow higher access.

Paratroopers who land extremely close to the capture point to balance out the gameplay between both sides.

Secrets to the "Edge of the world"

---I'm up for requests and advice. Feel free to comment.

Thanks for downloading! I hope you guys like the map.

Also, I recommend playing any of these four songs while playing this map, specifically "Call of Duty" and "Pegasus Bridge". These songs are from Call of Duty, the greatest WWII game ever created.

http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/cod.htm

n00bface
December 15, 2003, 4:52 am
Very awesome map.

-SPI-
December 15, 2003, 4:52 am
I can't get it too work (i'm sure there is a simple answer to this) It just says something about not being allowed to change the graphics. Help.

liquidis x snake
December 15, 2003, 5:13 am
I have no clue.

shadowkiller
December 15, 2003, 10:57 am
load the map in the map editor and then save it but dont change anything...then it will work....btw the bots cant even get outta their own spawn

liquidis x snake
December 15, 2003, 1:44 pm
I'm working on the waypoints. They are coming along nicely. Expect version 2 today.

N1nj@
December 15, 2003, 1:50 pm
it looks like china....

liquidis x snake
December 16, 2003, 12:04 am
===================
UPDATE
===================
Version 2 of inf_Stalingrad

-Added second stories to some buildings
-Added more stationary guns
-Added paratrooper spawnpoints for the Soviets
-Added FULL BOT SUPPORT (I worked my ass off for these)
---preferably played with no bots on your side if playing as Red. It's too hard to get the flag carrier to not change paths halfway. Fun, though, when going against several blue teams.
-Added "secrets" to the edge of the world

===================

inf_Stalingrad.pms [VERSION 2]
Download Map (thanks to R for hosting):
http://www.thefathippo.com/home/referee/inf_Stalingradv2.zip

TIR_Blade
December 16, 2003, 12:25 am
incredible, absolutely incredible...frigen fantastic...nvm me im just admiring the pure beauty of this being called inf_Stalingrad

Kamikaze_Ninja
December 16, 2003, 6:03 am
Heh coolies I saw a prewiew WEWT lol I loved it then I love it now =D

Freshmaker
December 16, 2003, 7:05 am
you have played call of duty it has stalingrad map too and its just like that

(sorry my bad english)

cooz
December 16, 2003, 10:32 am
> -Added "secrets" to the edge of the world

maybe on the second edge U should add same thing ;)

Ta-2
December 16, 2003, 6:09 pm
Dude, id say a bit too much Call Of Duty for you! :D Nice map although...

liquidis x snake
December 17, 2003, 12:03 am
Ah sorry I don't mean to bother you guys again but I just had to fix the waypoints. The goddamned Red-flag carrier wouldnt go past the hill. I fixed it and now he actually caps the flag (to my knowledge..). Also, to cooz, I added secrest to the second edge of the world too. =].

version 2.1 (2 mirrors)
http://www.thefathippo.com/home/liquidis/inf_Stalingradv2.1.zip
http://www.es.elixant.com/inf_Stalingradv21.zip

Hitman
December 17, 2003, 12:10 pm
Just finished playing it...Very nice, great game play and it also looks great! But whats this 'secrets to the edge of the world?'

cooz
December 17, 2003, 12:16 pm
> I added secrest to the second edge of the world too. =]

oh thank u, i'm honoured ;>

liquidis x snake
December 17, 2003, 2:05 pm
The secrets to the edge of the world: Grab a minigun and try to fly over the Volga river or over the building to the far right.

cooz
December 17, 2003, 6:03 pm
The secrets to the another (right) edge of the world: walk, jump, fly fly fly - minigun/m79 not needed ;>

liquidis x snake
December 19, 2003, 1:22 am
A fun minigame to play if you're bored is grab a buddy or two and fly to the left edge of the world (with the help of a minigun, of course). Be sure to set powerups (excluding Flame God) to a full 5. While you're there, grab the powerups available and try to knock eachother off the edge any means necessary. It's really fun and can cause friends to hate you. Ha. Ha.

Electro_cyc
December 20, 2003, 5:34 pm
Looks cool, but it wont download [:(]

Edit: The Red Square is in Moscow, not Stalingrad.

liquidis x snake
December 20, 2003, 7:51 pm
I think there's also a "square" in Stalingrad that's known as the Red Square? I was trying to look up some information and indeed you are correct about Moscow. However, I also found some sources that state that there was a Red Square in Stalingrad during that time period.

As for the statue in my map, it's V.I. Lenin but I believe the intended statue was of Felix Dzerzhinsky. The statue of Dzerzhinsky is in Moscow. Was there a central square of some sort with a statue in Stalingrad?

Was it in Stalingrad before and then changed to Moscow? Do both coexist? Did the one in Stalingrad even exist?

-------------------

I have found that there indeed was a Red Square-type thing in Stalingrad during the time of World War II. However, I do believe that it's referred to as The Square of Fallen Heroes. So yes. My map is historically correct. I can rest now after 3 hours of looking.

Anyway, heres a working link for version 2.1. Thanks to Kahuna.
http://www.es.elixant.com/inf_Stalingradv21.zip

And here's the best damned song to listen to while playing my map.
www.nublar.com/Call%20of%20Duty%20-%20Red%20Square.mp3

[gushes over finding the song]

Cookie.
December 21, 2003, 3:49 am
omg it is teh uberleet! it is beautiful! urge to play rising i will retake stalingrad for russia! :D i was just playing as russia in red alert 2 :D gjjjjj thanks for teh christmas pressy

xXShavoXx
December 21, 2003, 5:11 am
*Emo Apperance*

LOOKS GREAT!

*runs away*

TIR_Blade
December 21, 2003, 5:13 am
yay, no, plz no, come bak emo, COME BAK!!! Don't leave me alone again, I can't bear the pain. :'(

choco
December 21, 2003, 9:58 am
that is perhaps the greatest example of a P.O.S ive ever seen you absolutely suck........lol im jk man thats some fantastic work youve done there keep it up michal might have u mapping urban maps for him

Hitman
December 21, 2003, 5:42 pm
What the hell is P.O.S?!?

Cookie.
December 21, 2003, 5:47 pm
uh u dont know! :O piece of sh!t there hapy :D once again it is teh uber leet map

Electro_cyc
December 21, 2003, 7:57 pm
"Original map scenery cannot be modified. Please reinstall the game"

What do I do if it says that?

liquidis x snake
December 21, 2003, 8:14 pm
It has been brought to my attention that many of you have had the "Original Scenery cannot be modified" error. The only thing I can offer you is to download my entire Scenery-gfx folder and replace any other scenery. This has worked for several people.

However, that is not the case with everyone. Other than that, I have no idea what the problem is.

If you know the problem and can possibly help, feel free to post the answer(s) here. Thanks.

Here's the download link to the Scenery-gfx folder replacement. I suggest you back up your current gfx folder first.
http://www.thefathippo.com/home/liquidis/Scenery-gfx.zip

kkazican
December 22, 2003, 3:44 am
Good map! Just clean it up a little.

2dope
December 22, 2003, 5:22 pm
Ok, i know that im a noob and everything blablabla. But how do you install the map?

- HaVoC -
December 22, 2003, 5:47 pm
I like da scenery, and da vehicles.. too bad they dont work.. but its wikid..

Electro_cyc
December 22, 2003, 6:07 pm
The download link for the scenery gfx doesn't seem to work. It says file not found.

liquidis x snake
December 22, 2003, 8:15 pm
It's my host, fathippo. Try again some other time, it's really being crap.

To 2dope, just unzip everything into your Soldat folder. Replace anything if it asks ;].

Drama
December 22, 2003, 11:32 pm
This map it's just so awesome (i was owning Llamamaster and snake 2v1) [:D]

liquidis x snake
December 23, 2003, 6:33 pm
The Battle of Stalingrad
Soldat Dedicated Server
------------------------
Map: inf_Stalingrad 24/7
Bots: 0
Powerups: All but Flamegod
Frequency: 5
Spawn: 4
Max Team Spawn: 5
Real: No

Feel free to join the server and have some fun. Trust me, its just more fun with real people.

Electro_cyc
December 24, 2003, 12:25 am
Crap, no matter what I do it still says the original scenery cannot be modified. Oh well.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 24, 2003, 1:17 am
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
The Battle of Stalingrad
Soldat Dedicated Server
------------------------
Map: inf_Stalingrad 24/7
Bots: 0
Powerups: All but Flamegod
Frequency: 5
Spawn: 4
Max Team Spawn: 5
Real: No

Feel free to join the server and have some fun. Trust me, its just more fun with real people.

We just played that server, 4v4, HUMAN players. It was THE BEST inf game I've played....except when LxS and Snoopy started arguing over the history of Stalingrad. Great map!

FOR TEH MOON!

blasta
December 24, 2003, 3:11 pm
awesome map dude, but the bots are messed

Mr. Potato
December 31, 2003, 6:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
The Battle of Stalingrad
Soldat Dedicated Server

Good stuff. You're right, online the map is very enjoyable. Mebbe a little cheap, with the hiding behind buildings and everything, but a definate success. Thanks for such a good map.

Real-Killer
January 2, 2004, 12:53 am
Hi liquidis ;)
Nice map, looks very fwappable from the screenies.

liquidis x snake
January 6, 2004, 2:57 pm
Well, to follow in Emo's shoes, I'm bumping the thread up. But not without uselessness, of course *cough*.

The times for my server will now be:

Weekdays
7:00 am - 4:00 pm (maybe even 5:00 pm)

Weekends
Random

This is GMT - 8 (Los Angeles)

Have fun. Hope to see more people there. Well, not really, since I'm hosting it while at school.

Axxplotion
January 11, 2004, 11:45 pm
hey the first link doesn't work, and if i cppy and paste it it doesn't works too
the second link, its ok but the map doesn't work i put all the archives in the rigth possition
i tried to download the scenary fix,the link doesn't works.i think so that the web thefathippo its no ok.
what can i do???

Axxplotion
January 12, 2004, 12:29 am
i read that a guy have the same problem,and the link of the scenery fix doesn't work.but some boy respond said to him that he had to try time later.but the link is still in bad conditions so i can download the fix

liquidis x snake
January 12, 2004, 1:10 am
I have yet to find a new webhost, so theres no downloading right now. When I upload it, I'll be sure to post here.

Axxplotion
January 12, 2004, 5:37 pm
oh thanks. but in your map you forgot the key of stalingrad, the snipers, you have to do some buildings with poligons and cratebox to hide in.
anyway your map is cool.

liquidis x snake
January 13, 2004, 12:21 am
Omg, theres plenty of sniper points on my maps. It's camping heaven, what with the 2nd stories and the building sceneries.

DesFS
January 13, 2004, 5:56 pm
I like the custom graphics dude! Although (I'm not trying to be too critical here) the tank looks a little streched.

Wills59
January 18, 2004, 4:28 am
looking good. can you pop up a zoomed out overview of the map ?

eyic
January 18, 2004, 4:39 am
hey liquid if somthing happens to kahunas hosting, can u also add this? http://melankolia.sytes.net/moo/store/inf_stalingradv21.zip
imma teh host for u :P

btw visit http://melankolia.sytes.net/moo/ if u need any files hosted =)

Axxplotion
January 18, 2004, 11:00 pm
oh

gumpy
January 18, 2004, 11:39 pm
nice nice Oo

Rayne
February 4, 2004, 10:48 pm
SWEET MAP

Hitman
February 11, 2004, 7:22 pm
Has anyone got the scenery for this map because the link does not work!

ekans_is _liqu1d
February 28, 2004, 6:02 pm
kickass map!!

RadiuS-NL-
February 29, 2004, 9:53 pm
argh both the download links dont work for me, find a decent host pls!!!

HSHawkHS
March 27, 2004, 8:59 pm
I love this map, i play it lot on my server

Sprocket
March 27, 2004, 9:59 pm
i do not like it, you can barely see anything....

liquidis x snake
May 24, 2004, 5:14 am
Bumping this for certain reasons.

New hosting for the map and the scenery fix that should allow you to play it.

[URL]

[URL]

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 24, 2004, 6:40 am
Hey i thought you quit man

Aquarius
May 24, 2004, 10:58 am
He didn't.

liquidis x snake
May 24, 2004, 1:59 pm
I quit playing, I still bum around when I'm bored.

Droopy
May 24, 2004, 2:07 pm
I didn't like the map soooo much! But the idea, costum scenery and stuff like that make the map worthy of dl!

BTW: LIQUID'S FINNISH THE GODDAMN COMIC!!!!!

thank you

gloomba38
June 30, 2004, 9:03 pm
-edit- nvm, http://www.es.elixant.com/inf_Stalingradv21.zip still works. now we need a working scenery file link, and a working link for the mp3.

JayBDey
July 27, 2004, 7:09 am
I could host it if someone would send it to me.

liquidis x snake
August 11, 2004, 8:33 am
[URL]
Working link. Now the official download.

Official download. I know this map is old but it's my best one. I think. I hope.

Any inf servers wish to play my map? I haven't played it with people in a long time.

Woot!

Aquarius
August 11, 2004, 8:51 am
Woot!

Bumper b1tch.

I hate when a mapper bumps his map topic without a good reason.

liquidis x snake
August 11, 2004, 9:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius

I hate when a mapper bumps his map topic without a good reason.

That's a lie. We all know it's just me you hate, not the bumpage.

grand_diablo
August 11, 2004, 9:55 am
I agree with Aquarius, but as the map is good but changed its host, it might interest some newer members. Otherwise I wouldve locked it now, but in this case Ill give some days for newer ones to comment on that, before I put the lock on this.

Hitman
August 11, 2004, 1:00 pm
Why lock it? It's a map and I'm sure it's nice to hear comments about it no matter how late they are.

CHE_guevara
August 11, 2004, 2:42 pm
I like This Maps...

grand_diablo
August 11, 2004, 2:45 pm
Still depends on the quality of the map. If its a good map, ots ok, but Im not really a fan of digging out below average maps just to get the post count increasing by commenting on old, below-average maps, like it happened here:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=13634

inf_Stalingrad certainly has quality, so its ok here.

Droopy
August 12, 2004, 1:42 pm
I wanna play it online! I played it a couple of times and it DOES feel special!

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 12, 2004, 7:46 pm
Maybe we should add it onto the U13 Custom server, when it finally go up.

Aquarius
August 12, 2004, 8:40 pm
it's infiltration map

Droopy
August 15, 2004, 7:18 pm
No sith Sherlock! Does that matter? It's a good map! It may not be so good looking but the gameplay PWNS!

Aquarius
August 15, 2004, 9:04 pm
It does matter because U13 is set as CTF.

Soulsnipa
August 15, 2004, 11:18 pm
You can still play it as a ctf 0.o

Aquarius
August 15, 2004, 11:56 pm
But the map wasn't ment to be ctf and the flags are swapped if I remember correctly.

The Geologist
August 16, 2004, 12:23 am
This is true. And thanks for keeping this open, 'cause I too would like to play this online should the chance arise. An interesting take on the inf. Danke LXS.

Droopy
August 16, 2004, 12:42 am
OH POO! I wanna play this map online with 20 players and noe bots! YAY