( search forums )
Soldat MOD Changer New!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Inquisitor
December 14, 2003, 6:18 pm
ALTHOUGH it's version 1.1.5, this proggy is also compatible with soldat 1.2 (and followings)

This program handles with so called MOD-Files, that contain information about the files that should be replaced and the ones that replace the others.

To make such a MOD-File, start the prog, click on 'Create MOD-File' and switch the directory, the Mod is lying in. (this directory has to be in your Soldat-Folder ( best in that 'Mods\' folder ). then enter the Mod's name. click on ok, and the prog will automatically create the MOD-file (One in the Mods directory and one in the 'Mods\MOD-Files\' folder).

To activate a mod, click on 'activat Mod' and select the MOD-file of the mod you want to activate. Either in it's directory or in the 'Mods\MOD-Files\' folder. Before you can do this, you have to create a MOD-File of the Mod.

To deactivate all Mods that were activated with this program, click on'deactivate Mod'

DOWNLOAD : [URL] (enable pop ups!!!)

alternative :
[URL]

peemonkey
December 14, 2003, 11:38 pm
ill give it a shot ;P

Dathker
December 15, 2003, 3:29 am
i don't get it...how does it work..and do i still need to install each one..and then how do select which version of soldat i want to play?

GF
December 15, 2003, 12:02 pm
hehe, man thats cool i will download it

Hitman
December 15, 2003, 6:07 pm
I downloaded it but I can't open the actual program it says that it does not recognise what kind of file it is!

koil
December 15, 2003, 6:29 pm
i like aunt jamima's proggie alot better ^^ (and less buggy).

still, nice initiate

Dathker
December 16, 2003, 4:05 am
no one answered my questoin!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||

Inquisitor
December 16, 2003, 5:24 pm
plz wait a moment i'm working on your problems

sauron_the_deceiver
December 16, 2003, 5:42 pm
Click me

The file Inquisitor gave you was a .gmd file, which is a gamemaker game file. If you have gamemaker you should be able to load it and make an executable from it, but most people don't. So I uploaded it for you guys. Extract the zip file to the soldat directory, which has the soldat you want to mod in.

Inquisitor, the readme is pretty bad. You explained how to write the files but thats it. You need to say to install to the soldat directory, and to put mods in /mods/[your mod name]

(Bloody good idea, this SMC. I would have never thought of it!)

Inquisitor
December 16, 2003, 6:16 pm
I FINISHED.

Now you are able to create the *.smf (MOD-files) on your own!!!

read the readme for more. It's easy believe me

Dathker
December 17, 2003, 2:56 am
im still confused the file won't dl..cuz i goto the tripod theis web site doesn't work or some [:-censored] so ....yea

Inquisitor
December 17, 2003, 6:09 pm
oh [:-censored]. I'LL try to find another free webspace site.

Dathker
December 18, 2003, 1:54 am
yea...and could you tell me what to do..cuz i don't like to read readmes :Þ

sauron_the_deceiver
December 18, 2003, 11:15 pm
If you want to download the latest version, go to http://shutuparsch.tripod.com, then add 'Soldat_MOD_Changer.zip' to the end of the URL. Neat little trick, that.

Inquisitor
December 20, 2003, 11:18 am
thank you.

but your link is wrong it must be :[URL] and you have to add 'Mod_Changer.zip'

villekallio
January 17, 2004, 7:26 pm
Yay i tried it and its cool as hell thank you. :D

Inquisitor
January 18, 2004, 12:53 pm
no way. At first I didn't even want to release it in public. cuz I didn't know that s.th. like this already exists i decided to put it on the net. thank you for support

sauron_the_deceiver
January 18, 2004, 2:13 pm
A mod should move this to Fan Applications.

DesFS
January 21, 2004, 5:28 pm
Great idea man. The other mod changer didn't seem to work for me. (Aunt J.'s one)

Inquisitor
February 25, 2004, 5:57 pm
that's because it only worked with zip files.

fLuXy
March 28, 2004, 6:04 am
This is great Stuff! CheerZ! I tried it, IT RoCkS!!!! KeEp It Up!!!!!!!!!

peemonkey
March 28, 2004, 6:29 am
DeAd THreaD!!!!

Deleted User
March 29, 2004, 12:23 am
Just because the thread is dead, doesn't mean the program is. It still works with 1.2.

Deleted User
March 30, 2004, 12:42 pm
I don't understand this ( sorry )!

Inquisitor
April 1, 2004, 9:49 am
what do you not understand?

Sprocket
April 1, 2004, 11:16 am
most of us was born with a brain to think with, i guess your's is in you're asS

cup_of_squirrels
April 1, 2004, 8:35 pm
Um, it doesnt work. I change the mod to, say, the henchin axis mod. When I use the mod changer it says "cannot use too big weapon gfx. please reinstall etc" but if I do it maunually it works. wtf is up?

Inquisitor
April 10, 2004, 6:50 pm
this cannot be. the mod changer does it manually to, in some way, only more quickly.

Deleted User
April 10, 2004, 7:00 pm
Soldat is strange when it comes to mods and maps. Depending on which order files are overwritten, it may or may not work. I don't know about mods, but when installing maps, I find they are more likely to work if you place the scenery in the folder before putting the map in.

This weirdness is obviously a bad thing when you install the Henchin mod.

Inquisitor
April 19, 2004, 8:36 pm
this is really weird. got no solucion. btw, the mod changer worked perfectly, after i opened the m,aps, compiled and saved them and put the redone maps into the MODS folder.

Inquisitor
July 21, 2004, 1:24 pm
yep it's dead. if you want to download my little proggy, go to [URL].

you will find it at the downloads.

Inquisitor
October 5, 2004, 4:03 pm
i added another dl option goto

[URL]