( search forums )
What's about adding TeamSpeak to the game?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Bugs Revenge
December 17, 2003, 9:05 pm
So i saw that u wanna add an option for demo recording...

why shouldn't u add the teamspeak and it will be realy easier to talk in the team with the microphone :P
what do u think about it?

ThaD
December 17, 2003, 9:21 pm
TeamSpeak works perfectly while Soldat running, i can see no point in adding it to Soldat, coz u can use both progs at the same time.

Bugs Revenge
December 17, 2003, 9:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaD
TeamSpeak works perfectly while Soldat running, i can see no point in adding it to Soldat, coz u can use both progs at the same time.

Sure, but for the teamspeak u have to use some servers(i think...)
so it would be better to use it in the game with players that u play with in the same time..

i didnt used the teamspeach yet but.. i donno if it's lagging my conection coz i have only adsl of 0.75M

cooz
December 17, 2003, 10:11 pm
i think it would create lags (ping or fps lag)... so better not to add teamspeak.

n00bface
December 17, 2003, 10:24 pm
Yes, add teamspeak as an option! If a server really wanted team speak, they'd just set a lower ping kick.

DNA.styx
December 17, 2003, 10:31 pm
I installed TS on the DNAGames server a while ago and never used it, I can fire it up if you guys wanna give it a go...

ThaD
December 18, 2003, 6:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge
quote:Originally posted by ThaD

Sure, but for the teamspeak u have to use some servers(i think...)
so it would be better to use it in the game with players that u play with in the same time..

there are some fast server just for teamspeak (like ts.riz.pl in Poland), where u can set up your own channel and invite to it your buddies. Of course it would be better if teamspeak was already build-in Soldat but would u really like to hear all the complainings and moaning of some guys...? (not mentioning that most players know perhaps 3 words of english...). Speaking during Soldat (which is really very very usefull in ctf) is good for clans which play clanwars and so on, otherwise i'd prefer listening to music :)

And teamspeak don't couse lag, well it didn't when i played, but i suppse it depends on what server u r connected to.

MisterX
December 18, 2003, 7:21 pm
Doesn't Bug mean an Ingame Voice Option, and not the program TeamSpeak itself? Would make more sense, because, as just said, TeamSpeak works while Soldat is running as a longe program. So, if an ingame voice is ment, then: yes, could be nice, but mustn't be added.

Drama
December 18, 2003, 9:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by cooz
i think it would create lags (ping or fps lag)... so better not to add teamspeak.

Agree... Taunt's are anough for me [^]

Weed
December 18, 2003, 11:44 pm
there are fast servers for teamspeak, i really dont like it very much, but we have our own server, and we gave teamspeak channels to other clans :D