( search forums )
Damage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-SPI-
December 17, 2003, 10:17 pm
A question. Does soldat use a location based damage model? In other words do shots to the head do more damage than shots to the leg. If not is michal going to put it in a later version?

SERIAL KILLeR
December 17, 2003, 11:09 pm
Its already location based.
head 110%
body 100%
legs 90%
this is in soldat 1.1.5 in 1.2 the head and legs will be a bit more %damage to make the autos stronger

peemonkey
December 17, 2003, 11:38 pm
in other words, it good now, put next version rugers will replace barrets.

Snowden
December 18, 2003, 12:27 am
peemonkey is right, the damage is fine the way it is in 1.1.5.

So now in the time it takes to kill with a barrett someone can kill you with a ruger, then kill your teammate as well before they have to reload. Rugers will dominate and it will be even "lamer" than before. It is alot easier to kill with an automatic in the current damage system than people think. Of course this is just speculation, and I'm probably jumping to conclusions. Oh well [V]

AerialAssault
December 18, 2003, 12:47 am
yes. and i think the weapons were perfectly balanced in 1.1.5 barret just needed to be less accuarate when standing and in the air

SoldatStriker
December 18, 2003, 4:37 am
Hmmmm...I'm starting to think that people really are just getting used to changes in each revision. But one thing's for certain; each version had it's own set of power weapons. My guess is that there'll be less Barret users in the next version. Mainly because the weapon's finally balanced and no one wants to use a balanced sniper rifle when everyone's using automatics that kill with less bullets.

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 4:41 am
Next weapon to whine about = M79, beware "vets" newbs will be kicking your asses and taking names.

n00bface
December 18, 2003, 5:57 am
Yeah in 1.2 people will be calling Chakra rugetard.

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 6:40 am
I think he's a M7retard9 now.

AerialAssault
December 18, 2003, 12:11 pm
im really beginning to love the way the weapons are in 1.1.5, except the barret as i mentioned in an earlier post, and im beginning to think ill really miss them when 1.2 comes out.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 18, 2003, 3:43 pm
well ima start a vote to keep the weapons the way they are accept make the barret a lil less strong and make autos 25% stronger.

Drama
December 18, 2003, 5:40 pm
auto's need little more accuarcy - barret less that's all

Dark_Noddy
December 18, 2003, 6:03 pm
in 12 the autos KICK ASS ! Barret = Sh!t and ruger is same :P I am a Barret and M79 player (or was)...
12 I play with Steyr, ak and favoritly Mps :D

Spike
December 18, 2003, 11:49 pm
no way should autos deal 25% more or even the extra amount they do now. I just started using autos alot again and its really not that hard to kill.. sure a little more damage but just enough so it can almost be as good as the 2 shot killers

Weed
December 18, 2003, 11:56 pm
the reason for the weapon changes are the whiners
they cant handle the other players, crying is easier, i really dont see a reason to change any weapon.
i should say "thanks" cuz i use m79? no, i dont need more power or range on it, i just need it as it is now, but i guess that for 1 like me there are 500 whiners, so im minority.
what can i say? keep whining, i see no honor on that.

Anti-Commie
December 19, 2003, 3:20 pm
i agree with weed. though there r a lot of annoying snipers using rugers but mostly barrets, i couldn't really say that the autos could use a lot of improvement. I love the minimi anytime and the hk mp5 when its close range combat. if you want to kill someone in two shots with an automatic, turn on realistic mode

Xecutioner
December 19, 2003, 11:22 pm
I used to be a barretard but i converted to a Steyr AUG

Element_101
December 21, 2003, 10:12 am
the weapons in 1.1.5 are well balanced, I think.. but there are a 2 guns

that I think.. are over powered. one is the barret and the other im not

going to say becasue I know you will all flame me!

systemfeind
December 21, 2003, 10:27 am
hmm i think that the only reason for changing the weapon balance is that atm 75% of all soldat players are using the barett and the rest are using m79 or other weapons. to give the community a broader bandwidth of people who use different weapons its necessary to make the autos stronger and the rifles weaker and i fully agree with it. it has nothing to do with whiners or something. sure, a lot of guys are whining all day long coz they are newbs and cant win like experienced barett0rs but i never whined and im fully satisfied the way it is but 1.2 could be much better with more different types of soldatplayers but the barett0rs or the m79ers ^^

Element_101
December 21, 2003, 11:20 am
1.2 will be a improvement!! but will not be a whole new game..

AerialAssault
December 21, 2003, 7:40 pm
ill barret is all that needed to be tweaked in 1.2 IMHO

Element_101
December 22, 2003, 8:15 am
Once the barrets tweaked and becomes underpowered people will just find a

new gun to flame