( search forums )
About bots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
LiL_FuKa
December 18, 2003, 12:56 pm
I've been playing with bots lately cos I've been having problems with my isp, and I noticed that bots hardly ever throw nades.. It's so easy to over power them, I can beat 10 bots with only 4 bots to help me in a Team Match, cos the thing is they all seem to squat down and just shoot with their primaries.. All I gotta do is throw a few nades over them while spraying some bullets and I get them all, no sweat.

Oh and just for your info I play them on impossible, doesn't seem to make any difference though.

Maybe they could:

1. Not squat down so much, but instead try to fly higher than you and shoot down on you(which is what any smart soldater would do..)

2. Throw nades a bit more often.

3. Use their primaries a bit more often.

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2003, 2:33 pm
well u can change that number 2 thingy, just open bot files with notepad and change grenade frequency to 0

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 18, 2003, 3:39 pm
have you ever went to kampf with a bot? well if you do, throw lots of nades down in a base where they are and they will start paniking and shooting at the nades.

Dark_Noddy
December 18, 2003, 6:05 pm
Lil.. I have arguesd with ppl bout this but I still belive:
Bots in 12 is better.. atleast I think so.. I played 1 of them, he flew over me with a damn minigun !! lol

But still, the ppl I have talked with says theyre the same :P Mebbe its just me neva playing bots in 115 :D

BMF
December 18, 2003, 7:24 pm
why do you play bots anyway?

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2003, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by LiL_FuKa
I've been playing with bots lately cos I've been having problems with my isp

maybe thats why?

LiL_FuKa
December 18, 2003, 7:49 pm
Yeah BMF you could have read the post ya [:-censored]. I get like 200-400 ping on dna, always jumping.. So yeah, I think I got a few problems with my isp.

BMF
December 18, 2003, 8:29 pm
hey [:-censored] you buddy!

i would not play with bots anyhow, its a multi player game

peemonkey
December 18, 2003, 9:55 pm
well, he cant play multi at this point in time. so does that mean he shouldnt play at all? no. if you want better bots, i suggest making em yerself. ive deleted all the originals and putin my own. i lost the table(0-255 frequenceies, etc.) did you put the intelligence at poor, perhaps? make em impossible.

frogboy
December 18, 2003, 10:17 pm
Bots are good for training too. Theyre too easy now though.

LiL_FuKa
December 19, 2003, 1:48 pm
peemonkey you're as lazy as BMF.. heh. If you had read the whole thread you would have seen this: "Oh and just for your info I play them on impossible, doesn't seem to make any difference though."

Element_101
December 21, 2003, 1:35 pm
The bots are not that dumb compared to bots in other games..

Drama
December 21, 2003, 2:14 pm
boogie man rules

systemfeind
December 21, 2003, 4:10 pm
hmm try changing the bots configs like said before and have u set the bot seeing quality in the soldat config to high? if not this setting will improve the bots skill a bit

Liber_Lupus
December 21, 2003, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
hmm try changing the bots configs like said before and have u set the bot seeing quality in the soldat config to high? if not this setting will improve the bots skill a bit

wow really?? didnt know that...

LiL_FuKa
December 21, 2003, 10:49 pm
Another thing I noticed is that they don't play as a team in ctf as well as they could...

Element_101
December 22, 2003, 7:59 am
There better in 1.2 so theres nothing to worry about :D