( search forums )
Weapon changes[disscussion only]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 18, 2003, 3:49 pm
well i want to see what you think:

keep the weapon damage the same accept make the barret a lil less powerfull and make the automatics 25% stronger...
just discussions.
you can vote on it in my other post.

bucky_brad
December 18, 2003, 4:05 pm
25% is a hell of a lot dude mabey make it more like 10% or somthing, mabey even less cause i just dont think the autos are needing and if you make the barret less powerfull maze well just use ruger.

n00bface
December 18, 2003, 4:27 pm
Damages are fine, even with barret... it's just annoying when you get 5 of them camping at base...

y0da
December 18, 2003, 5:16 pm
Michal haves his own life... not only computers, i think. If there where more guns, they can only be on the ~, - = or backspace button.

andimon34
December 18, 2003, 5:47 pm
Barret is ok, but automatics need more power,i agree.

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2003, 5:53 pm
Then wait for 1.2 ffs!

Droopy
December 18, 2003, 7:26 pm
I agree with andimon! You can barely kill someone with a barret if you have a Stery or a AK-47 (it's 47 right? Not 49 or something?)

-SPI-
December 19, 2003, 12:30 am
74 actually, and you can kill a barret user, just dodge the first shot. It takes so long to reload a barret that by the time the 2nd shot is ready you have already killed them. The only change they need is to make the barret inaccurate when not stationary.

frogboy
December 19, 2003, 2:08 am
I think it was 5 seconds, and for comparison, 4 for M79 and 2½ for HK and Steyr.

They already made the Barret inaccurate, I think.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 19, 2003, 4:33 am
i think your right Mr. froggy

juice _ box
December 19, 2003, 4:44 am
Barret is worthless in 1.2 so no worries.

frogboy
December 19, 2003, 4:46 am
There goes 500 Barretards.

Amon26
December 20, 2003, 9:22 am
being a heavy user of autos, and also on the recieving end of much pain. I too, think the autos could use a slight more power. They should still be weak, but i'd like to take someone down with a little less than 1 clip of ammo. (uses minimi)

?
December 20, 2003, 2:39 pm
if the barret is worthless in 1.2 its not a good move, cause it would just add fuel to some fire and they would flood teh forums and games with complaints, anyway i think that the spas shoudl have slugs, the arch be a little less and the distance greater then it is now, but with same power

Essentle
December 20, 2003, 6:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
I agree with andimon! You can barely kill someone with a barret if you have a Stery or a AK-47 (it's 47 right? Not 49 or something?)

Actually, its not impossible.. They missed u, and when they are reloading u can kill them.
Autos are very strong already, specially steyr.. [:D]

peemonkey
December 20, 2003, 7:13 pm
dont change my AK! it's the best gun in the game! good for up-close(very powerful)and long range(doesnt spit&run lik AUG)

doffencom
December 20, 2003, 7:36 pm
How silly! I tell you, if the barret is less powerfull, it will be no use. The only way it can be less powefull is to make it no one shot kill. And with the barrets reload speed... No use

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 11:08 pm
The automatics do have more power in 1.2 trust me on that.. But 25%? That's nuts!

eyic
December 20, 2003, 11:30 pm
The weapon balance in 1.1.5 is perfect (except for the barret and deagles) I dont beleive that in 1.2 auto's should get more power, coz thats stupid, the only thing that needs to be fixed up in 1.1.5 is the Barret it needs tiny nerf, and Michal needs to do somthing about the deagles...

EvilLaugh
December 21, 2003, 3:31 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
There goes 500 Barretards.

There goes the soldat community

Crazy
December 27, 2003, 12:16 am
Hay, give the "barretards"a chance. They do need a lot of training to hit a moving target with a single blow. Here's my idea: leave the barret alone! you probably don't like it, because some trained sniper always get's you(none personal). And the machinguns:make the minimi a lil' more powerful, the loading time realy doesen't pay up for those 50 bullets. Otherwise: i like the settings like they are

Silent-Thunder
December 27, 2003, 1:34 am
Though, I agree that the barret needs a bit of nerfing, I think that 25% is too much. If you were to modify damage dealt from different hits to the body ie. hits to the head do more damage than they do now, then I think that auto users would have an easier time, because lets face it, either way barret's gonna be a 1 hit one kill weapon.

Ps. eyic, whats wrong with the deagles, i like them fine.