( search forums )
Sound but no grafix (was: yo ! help me plz)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
TreX
December 18, 2003, 4:13 pm
I just install soldat, and i have week computer =/
so I put the game on 'force softwere'
and when I play the game, it make the screen black, but i can hear the sounds and if i shoot i can hear it too...

so plz plz plz tell me what to do, i want play this game bad !!

TreX
December 18, 2003, 8:10 pm
hmm...some1...help ? [V]

Tha Doggfather
December 18, 2003, 10:02 pm
make sure you got the latest drivers for your video card and direct X 8.1 installed, then dont select force software but choose your video card (in the menu), if it still doesnt work, give us a some specs about the vid card.

TreX
December 20, 2003, 12:21 pm
I have 3dfx voodoo banshee3..so there no realy new drivers. but i have the lastest that out.
and i check in 'dxdiag' it say that i have direct X 9b, and the video card suport it.

but still the game make that black screen =(

what can i do more ?

DNA.styx
December 20, 2003, 9:53 pm
That's your problem, there are no DX8+ driver for most voodoo cards. Keep digging for Updated drivers, buy a new card or uninstall Soldat...pick any one :-(

TreX
December 21, 2003, 7:48 am
In the FAQs u post this topic:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=633
(what video card suport DX8.1)
and banshee does'nt there !

and i do that chek in 'dxdiag' with the 3D box that weel...i think that say it suport the DX..

and i sure that soldat once work in my coputer..but then i format and i not remember how i make it work.. =/

so plzzzz I mast make this game work !!!!!

palloco
December 21, 2003, 2:38 pm
Use different drivers, for my voodoo 3 the best one is the one that came with my card.
More drivers in www.voodoofiles.com
Other things you can do is modifying things in the setup of soldat: no textures, no renders 1 backbuffer...

TreX
December 21, 2003, 8:48 pm
ur soldat work with voodoo 3 ??
if yes, tell me plz what driver u use and i'll try it..

palloco
December 22, 2003, 8:51 am
I use the drivers emited in 27/8/99, 3dfx tools 1.5.0.45
But I doubt my drviers work on your comp because I have 3dfx voodoo 3 3000 AGP and you have 3dfx voodoo 1 banshee(between 1 and 3 3000 there are the 2 and the 3 2000 cards), therefore they are quite different.As I told you try the ones that came with your card.
Another important thing is the OS. Win XP just does not recognize my graphic card. I use win 98.
FYI I also have a AOpen AX59Pro motherboard with K6-III 400