( search forums )
TouchDown !!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Weed
December 18, 2003, 11:01 pm
well, dont look at me like im a crazy homeless beggin for food ;)
listen up, i was thinking of something that would be really cool, and really easy to add to the game :D
a TouchDown mode (like ctf and inf).
ok the idea is like this: there are 2 teams, on CTF-like maps, the idea isnt getting the flag and bringing it back to ur base, the idea is touching the flag, each time someone from red team touches the blue flag, the red team gets 5 (or maybe 10, its up to u) points, kills are 1 point but dont change the team score, oly the personal scores.
so the idea for it is, that u actually need to get more organized than in a CTF match, cuz u can always say to ur team "Enemy Flag Carrier down" and they'll catch him maybe, but this idea is more strategic, think bout it, a game up to 100, that means touchin the enemy flag 20 times (or maybe 10) it just sounds great, and like i said first, it aint so hard to make, static flags (like the white flag in INF), the points (doh), and there are many great map makers willing to make maps for it (at least i hope so ;D).

so tell me what u think, and correct anything u think needs to be corrected :D

[Edit] i forgot before to mention, once u touch the flag, u die, and the bases must be built in a very hard to enter way... and i mean, really really hard to enter :D

Texas Ranger
December 18, 2003, 11:05 pm
well wat is the red gunna do? keep wacking the flag 10 times.. running over the flag is quite easy, bringing it back is harder :)

koil
December 18, 2003, 11:07 pm
hmm.. well, sounds kinda buggy.

like, if you choose minigun - you got super advantage.
you can bet your little sorry ass there will be alot campers.
what about predetor? would that be included (it should be, just like any other game mode)?
spawn killers - 3of your team spawn kill, the other 2 standing on the flag and getting points like hell.
etc.

anyway, the idea is basicly good. i like it. needs alot of tweaking tho.

frogboy
December 18, 2003, 11:18 pm
I like it.

Another idea: Whenever a team scores, an electronic version of Australian Idol judge Mark Holden runs in and says "Touchdown!!!".

-SPI-
December 19, 2003, 12:39 am
Lol. The idea is like playing half a game of ctf. It would be better having a gamemode more like the ball game in ut 2003. Where you get the ball from the center and take it to the other teams goal.

NuZZ
December 19, 2003, 9:40 am
Man this idea owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... Need i say it again, THIS IDEA REALY DOES SOUND LIKE WEEDS NOT SMOKING WEED!!
This would be quite good, a storm to the base would get some nice points :D
Wootbix to this idea. Its about time Michal imported some ODD ideas, HINT HINT!

NuZZ
December 19, 2003, 9:43 am
---Id make some good maps for it as well

MisterX
December 19, 2003, 11:49 am
erm, touching the enemy flag is easy, really easy. so a game in this mode won't take longer than 5 minutes. look, in ctf, it's not the problem to get the flag, the problem is, to get it back to your base. in a mode like you describe it, there would be just campers i think, because sniping is the easiest way of preventing the enemy of taking your flag. so, a mode, exactly like you describe it, wouldn't be funny, i think, campers only.

[Edit]
Would be the same as CTF, hm? but if you could throw that ball away, so that another teammember catches it before you get killed, that could be nice. but I don't think this would work good in Soldat.

TIR_Blade
December 19, 2003, 4:27 pm
how about like a game like ctf, but imagine it's b2b, u havta go up to where the spawn points are, and shoot at the rock over where they spawn. There would be a little target or something sticking out and u'd havta hit it for points, this would also utelize auto's because u could get more points faster.

villekallio
December 19, 2003, 4:56 pm
I think there should be a game mode like ctf but you can score without having your own flag in your base.

Weed
December 19, 2003, 10:46 pm
the idea is to make special maps, to make touching the flag really really hard
something like kampf where the flag is up... so u would have to fly up by a tiny tunnel to touch it
and campers only scare the pussies away. i wont stop having fun cuz some ppl cant handle poor campers.

eyic
December 19, 2003, 11:25 pm
Yeh weed its an awsome idea and I understand what your getting at and yeh it would be fun :)

Spectral
December 20, 2003, 12:10 am
I assuming repeatedly getting the target isnt allowed...maybe like a player can only score once every 30 seconds

Weed
December 20, 2003, 12:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Weed
once u touch the flag, u die, and the bases must be built in a very hard to enter way... and i mean, really really hard to enter :D

hope that answers ur question Mr Spectral :D

TieR
December 20, 2003, 8:40 pm
good idea weed ;)

villekallio
December 21, 2003, 9:35 am
What about when you score you respawn in your base?

frogboy
December 21, 2003, 10:35 am
Yeah, that might work.

BeTeL
December 21, 2003, 4:42 pm
what about every 1 seconf u touch the flag, u get a point?

Liber_Lupus
December 21, 2003, 7:56 pm
i think red would almost win all the time, then there should be better maps

NuZZ
December 23, 2003, 1:57 pm
Why would red win?

Malk
December 23, 2003, 5:41 pm
No.. Shouldn't be like infiltration where 1 team defend, and the other attacks.. Should be exactly like CTf, but you don't need to bring it back.. That way, both teams would score. None could spawn camp easily.. Just make the flag spots really hard to reach.. and the campers.. Pfft.. they aren't a problem.. You just roll, dodge, and kill them.. that easy.. Or you rush with your hole team to touch the flag..

Chakra
December 23, 2003, 5:54 pm
I definitely like this idea. What seperates it from CTF is that when you're attacking and someone passes you, you can always think "whatever...if he steals the flag i'll stop him on the way back." . This idea adds more emphasis on attacking with co-ordination, instead of getting in quick and getting out quicker, while defending becomes more serious too.

Only quibble would be that there'd no doubt be a multitude of snipers on defence, if the maps weren't designed cleverly..

NuZZ
December 24, 2003, 1:27 am
Yes, maps would be symetrical so no advantages etc...

Weed
December 24, 2003, 4:55 am
i see u got the idea :D
Chakra, thats xactly what i was thinking, this game mod requires more cooperation with ur team. in ctf u can always say to ur team "enemy flag carrier up" and u get into those ugly standoffs...
in this game u can see it as a rugby match, u need to be lethal and smart at the same time.
so i say, lets make this possible :D