( search forums )
Climbing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-SPI-
December 19, 2003, 1:07 am
You should be able to climb legdes, you get to a legde and push into it and the player would grab on and climb up. That would be great for when you just miss the top and run out of fuel.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 19, 2003, 1:42 am
...interesting

b00stA
December 19, 2003, 5:10 pm
You might as well play with the physics of Soldat 1.0.5b :)

I hope Michal brings those physics back..

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 19, 2003, 5:25 pm
that would be awesome

LiL_FuKa
December 19, 2003, 6:49 pm
Yeah it would be more challenging with the same physics as 1.1.5 but this idea implemented. At least you came up with an original idea this time -SPI-

juice _ box
December 19, 2003, 8:13 pm
In 1.2 you can climb alot better but not as good as 1.1.5

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 10:40 am
Don't you mean not as good as 1.0.5b Juicy?

doffencom
December 20, 2003, 4:33 pm
I think it sucks, learn to land instead. Some annoy's would hang on the wall for ever.. I am not a wall rat =)

-SPI-
December 21, 2003, 8:29 am
I think the climbing part should be automatic, so you could'nt hang on, you would just push in and Hoik! up you get.

systemfeind
December 21, 2003, 10:49 am
who needs climbing with a jet pack? if u are not able to play with the fuel given to ur jetpack (jetshoes lol) then quit playing soldat and go crying in a corner

frogboy
December 21, 2003, 10:52 am
Did you forget your minigun again?

-SPI-
December 22, 2003, 12:14 am
It would just be a nice little touch, thats all.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 23, 2003, 12:16 am
I 100% support this idea, I am currently making an Inf map with no jet pack at all, and I want another way to get into the fortress. My first attempt at scaling the wall is to put little polygons on the walls so the soldat could land on it when he jumps. But that is pretty hard to do for some ppl?So maybe make ?Climbing shoes? as a secondary item, and when you reach a wall while carrying that item, you push fire, and the soldat would be stuck to the wall, and the jump and crouch button would be going up and down.

PS: Does anyone want my map, its called Inf_Omaha Trench, if you do, please email me at Lunerfox2000@hotmail.com, or post your AIM, MSN?.etc on PM or here.

Hitman
December 23, 2003, 1:08 am
Climbing shoes, thats a cool idea.

Edit: Actually I just thought about it...it sucks!

Snowden
December 23, 2003, 10:56 am
It would make for interesting flag runs on ctf_Kampf...like when you try to make it to the top level with the flag and are pixels away, PIXELS away, brushing very the ledge to freedom...but you run out of jet fuel and land in the stream of statgun fire instead... [:O]

However, with superman prone flying already at hand and now the advent of this, we must ask ourselves. Do we want our soldats to be killing machines or gymnists?

-SPI-
December 23, 2003, 12:36 pm
Grabbing a ledge and climbing up isn't exactly gymnastics. I was thinking more in the style of prince of persia/Out of this world/flashback et al. It's a simple little thing that fits well with the gameworld and style.