( search forums )
Pickups
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-SPI-
December 19, 2003, 3:29 am
To create more chaos, perhaps make some random pickups, they look like a generic pickup (say a box) but have a random effect including negative effects. Like a countdown timer, at the end of which you explode, or lose your guns/randomise your guns, or reverse the controls, or slow you down/speed you up.

Anyway, what do you think. Of three ideas, Generic looking pickups, Random pickups and negative pickups.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 19, 2003, 4:27 am
i dont like it cuz its not realistic... i mean.. soldat has enuf boxes as it is[:D]

bintz2000
December 19, 2003, 9:56 pm
Like i have said before...Men with jets on feet is realistic?....Oh well i dont like the idea either

Weed
December 20, 2003, 12:52 am
no offence dude, but have u been playing too much bomberman lately?

morpheus
December 20, 2003, 1:04 am
this kinda reminds of the post about tossing in the magic mario mushrooms. some make your soldat 3 times bigger, while others kill or shrink. that idea didn't go over to well, either.

-SPI-
December 20, 2003, 4:47 am
Negative pickups would add to the chaos, but noone would pick them up intentionally, thats why you would need generic looking box type pickups. And then they would all be pretty much random anyway.

As for bomberman, no I haven't. But thats the kind of negative pickup I'm talkin about.(sortof)

Mario mushrooms?!?!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 20, 2003, 6:55 am
just stop while your a little behind.

peemonkey
December 20, 2003, 9:30 am
SPI, you're already bombing out on ideas. all you do is make cr@ppy ideas, then try to support them. think your ideas through before posting. we dont need any more boxes, thank you.

-SPI-
December 20, 2003, 9:56 am
You really have it in for me peemonkey don't you.

The point wasn't boxes either, it was negative pickups.

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 10:32 am
This idea isn't bad.. But I don't like it, it would be too frustrating and annoying..

?
December 20, 2003, 2:36 pm
well i think this idea is horrible, anyway even if the person got the negative pickup the person would jsut /kill, thats why traps, or disabilities, or paralisys just won't work.

-SPI-
December 21, 2003, 8:32 am
Good point

Droopy
December 21, 2003, 7:08 pm
hi all
[:-censored]
i made that wrong turn and came to forums again!!!

Anyway this is NOT a good idea!(Its not even a nice idea)

Soldat isn't bomberman(thanks to weed i can say this)!
Besides, most ppl would hate it.

Don't even make it optional!