( search forums )
Slight Chainsaw Improvment
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
eyic
December 19, 2003, 8:29 pm
I have no idea how this would help but it would be cool, you know how the chainsaw in real life, you gotta pull a string and then it starts up till u make it stop? well how about making it that in soldat when you press the button once the soldat takes 1 1/2 second to start it up with a cool animation of him pull somthing on it hehe, anyways then when you press you shoot button again it stops.... but for this i suggest infinite ammo, and dont cry about spawn killers ^_^

n00bface
December 19, 2003, 8:39 pm
God I love this idea...

LiL_FuKa
December 19, 2003, 9:28 pm
Same here..

eyic
December 19, 2003, 9:31 pm
oh and one more thing when u start it up there should be atleast 500 ammo and that is the fuel when it runs out the chainsaw stops by it self, and it should take around 10 seconds to reload, and ucan reload it when ever u want like other guns :)

bintz2000
December 19, 2003, 9:52 pm
Don't like it. Just keep it simple. And hey men with jets on their feet = not real life.
So why should the chainsaw matter?

peemonkey
December 19, 2003, 10:37 pm
not enough people use the chainsaw. i love it, but it's too easy to get owned if there be 5 barreters comin down on ya. i say "yes"

eyic
December 19, 2003, 11:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by bintz2000
Don't like it. Just keep it simple. And hey men with jets on their feet = not real life.
So why should the chainsaw matter?

because the chainsaw is under-used or never used, and plus im not sugesting to make the chainsaw so that it keeps goign until u click ur shoot button so that it becomes like real life im suggesting it, so the chainsaw ebcomes more fun and more people use it :)

arC
December 20, 2003, 2:43 am
Yeah I like the idea in your second post pYso :)

CardBoardWarrior
December 20, 2003, 3:07 am
100% support :D

juice _ box
December 20, 2003, 3:07 am
Ask haro, I use the chainsaw all the time. Great idea eyic.

bLaStEr
December 20, 2003, 7:13 am
OMG! I LUV U pYso ;D
your so genious...
chainsaws like this would be so cool to have *dreams*

palloco
December 20, 2003, 8:16 am
Chainsaw is always lovable, whatever they make to it.

NuZZ
December 21, 2003, 4:45 am
Good 1 pyso...
--
Eyic? Pyso? I liked eyic better, I allways go type eyic instead of pyso...
Why did you change it? i think it was pretty cool or a name :D

eyic
December 21, 2003, 4:52 am
a guy called pSilo a friend of mine since 1.1.3 inspired me to change it to pYso, I loved his name so i got jealous and copied :P

TIR_Blade
December 21, 2003, 4:56 am
meh, i dont care what but do something to the chainsaw.

juice _ box
December 21, 2003, 5:55 am
I still call him eyic lol.

Liber_Lupus
December 22, 2003, 5:26 pm
spawnkillers would be back then

Mechanoid
December 22, 2003, 7:58 pm
After a certain amount of kills the chainsaw should get all gunked up with guts and blood, with it needing to be cleaned every what? 10 kills? It'd take a good 8 seconds to clean all the sh**, blood, and guts out, giving players a chance to kill the maniac.

Dragon88
December 22, 2003, 8:23 pm
good idea. i like it, and I hate the chainsaw in general

eyic
December 22, 2003, 9:49 pm
I dont give a crap if they come and spawn kill, just fregin jump and shoot their heads of OR, you use a chainsaw and get them before they get you....

frogboy
December 22, 2003, 11:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_Lupus
spawnkillers would be back then

Spawnkillers are still here. And Vote Kick will also be back.

Snowden
December 23, 2003, 11:06 am
The chainsaw is fine the way it is. Like Michal says, it's a special weapon. It isn't meant to be as balanced a killer as the law, socom, or knife. When you kill someone with the weakest and most impractical weapon in the game (outside of fists), it reaffirms your purpose as a human being, because for the fraction of time that chainsaw icon next to your name stays on the kill list, you are God.

(in other words the equivelent of knifing someone on CS)

Spitzfiya
December 23, 2003, 11:19 am
Make it take as long to start up as the minigun and unlimited fuel/ammo. Also add in the great chainsaw rolling attack.

Pyso I think its a great idea.

eyic
December 23, 2003, 11:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Snowden
The chainsaw is fine the way it is. Like Michal says, it's a special weapon. It isn't meant to be as balanced a killer as the law, socom, or knife. When you kill someone with the weakest and most impractical weapon in the game (outside of fists), it reaffirms your purpose as a human being, because for the fraction of time that chainsaw icon next to your name stays on the kill list, you are God.

(in other words the equivelent of knifing someone on CS)

How does in anyway this suggestion make the chainsaw more balanced? i suggested it so people have fun using it and more people use it, a balanced chainsaw would be one tha tcan shoot long range, anyone can dodge a chansaw atm...

Snowden
December 23, 2003, 12:22 pm
1.1.5 (13.07.2003)
- Modified chainsaw now has reload time and is weaker

I don't understand why we should regress back to 1.1.4 when Michal specifically addressed the issue of masskilling with the saw by basically getting rid of what you want. If I'm reading your idea correctly it would just resurrect the sawfest that was 1.1.4 and the chainsaw would be on par in terms of killing ability with all the other secondaries. Which would deter its purpose as a weapon of honor, not a spawn camp device every other person uses as their secondary.

But re-reading your original idea, maybe I'm just missing something because it's kind of confusing.

-SPI-
December 23, 2003, 12:54 pm
The idea was making the good ol saw cooler rather than better, it's such an underused weapon that it may as well be really stylish and cool. Personally I want to use the saw but its not that great in power or style. Apart from taking it to a downed foe. Muhahaha

IDF-RIPsta
December 25, 2003, 6:48 pm
Funny how the knife was underused once...

eyic
December 25, 2003, 11:58 pm
I hope Michal reply's to this topic, because this idea wont do much except make the chainsaw more fun to use, and thats we all want, we want the chainsaw more fun to use ^^