( search forums )
MP3 playlists
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sauron_the_deceiver
December 20, 2003, 9:30 am
As it is now, registered users have to put mp3s in the mp3 folder in soldat. That works, but it is a terror for disk space if you want your entire mp3 collection in there.

I propose that instead of putting mp3s in the mp3 folder, you write text files and put them in.

EG, playlist1.txt

In this file, on the first line you would write the location of the first mp3 you'd like on the playlist.

EG, C:\music\gaybar.mp3 [:P]

And so on. Then, you could write multiple playlists, and in the options menu you could select which one you want to play with from a drop down box.

I realise there are drawbacks, because as it is, you can customise the game playlist in the options menu, but adding this would save space and time (you wouldn't have to switch tracks around every game - you just select and play).

Yay/Nay?

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 10:27 am
Yay and Nay... Yes it's good that you save disk space, but it would be a definate bugger to stay typing text files for each and every song. And I don't carea bout disk space.. I still got 60 GB free space.. [:D]

-SPI-
December 20, 2003, 10:58 am
I'm sure you could get a nice little person out there to make a program to do do it for you, then you could edit the playlists as well.

Tha Doggfather
December 20, 2003, 2:31 pm
a volume changer would be more welcome imo

?
December 20, 2003, 2:33 pm
I just use musicmtach while palying soldat, its just easier =)

Drama
December 20, 2003, 2:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
a volume changer would be more welcome imo

agree... when the game keeps going to the midnight it would be good to keep it little lower [^]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 20, 2003, 5:42 pm
your speakers dont have a volume nob???

Groxx
February 29, 2004, 3:14 am
*smack*
oy, that's a fairly useless way of doing it... and you'd have to have it exactly correct, which is a pain.
Just use shortcuts to the files, or m3u files for playlists. It's really easy to just grab the mp3's you want, and saying "create shortcuts here" in the mp3 folder, but it doesn't work now [:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn]