( search forums )
Autokick AFKs
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kevith
December 20, 2003, 3:41 pm
I did a search on the forums and the topic has been discussed quite a bit. I think that implementing some sort of system to get rid of afks automatically would be great since they really hurt your team. My question for you beta testers etc. is: Does 1.2 have something that will either autokick afks or at least make it easier to kick off an afk that's on your team? Just curious and if you tell me I have to wait until 1.2 is released to find out.... [:-weepn]

doffencom
December 20, 2003, 4:29 pm
I would like it, but I would not like it while I eat dinner

arC
December 20, 2003, 4:58 pm
Well im a Beta Tester but unfortunetly I cant find many other Beta Testers too test 1.2c with online, and when I do play with them, they dont go afk..lol

If it was automatic kick how would it know, what if some-one was camping prone and not moving for a while, they would be kicked, and also like if you were hiding behind some object or play a mini-game like 'hide & seek' as I do with some friends of mine :), it just wouldn't work.

So im guessing this 'Autokick AFKs' feature would never be implemented. Just deal with it and votekick him off.

Tha Doggfather
December 20, 2003, 5:30 pm
votekick doesnt work (atleast i never saw it work and ive been playing quite some time now). i think 1.2 will have a lower percentage required for a kick (51 % i reckon), so it should be easier. but still: the other team wouldnt vote because the want the advantage (if theyre dip[:-censored]s (like most players)).

so i fully support this idea. i frickin hate afk people: theres this one guy on DNA: [MC] annonimiZzer or something, i hate that prick: everytime im playing on DNA: hes there being AFK. styx should ban his ass: he always ruins the game for everybody.

and it would be good if people that are camping get kicked too. just make it a server option and also make it so you can enter a time when no keys are pressed you get kicked.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 20, 2003, 5:37 pm
well...i have an idea....you know the weapon menu right after you spawn???well if soldat could tell that the menu was up it could count up for say, a minute and that person would be kicked...because your not playing if the menu is up ...there is no way you could be michal should really implement this feat.

n00bface
December 20, 2003, 6:16 pm
Or how about a banned words list, so if someone says "brb" -- POW! They're gone!

kkazican
December 20, 2003, 6:59 pm
nah because I would say brb then go to the other side of the room to get something and go back to my computer taking about 5 seconds.

Tha Doggfather
December 20, 2003, 7:35 pm
i think he was joking ¬_¬

frogboy
December 20, 2003, 10:11 pm
If someone used AFK...

There should be a server option, AFK kick limit, where you can set when the AFK's are kicked/banned.

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 10:43 pm
Vote kick will work in 1.2, so that's that. Forget about auto-kick.

BeTeL
December 21, 2003, 4:40 pm
what about starting a 1 min long voting... u press a button, get up a meny with yes and no... more yes then no wins when times up. in stead of "vote kick" in meny make a "start voting".

Liber_Lupus
December 21, 2003, 8:35 pm
good idea betel!

kevith
December 21, 2003, 8:46 pm
Well if the vote kick will work in 1.2 as LiL FuKa says then that would probably be good enough depending on how it's implemented. I.e. you shouldn't need the other team to vote so you can kick someone (especially an AFK) on your own team. Maybe like if 75% of a team voted they could kick a temmate, or if 51% of the total players on the server voted (never happens) they could kick anyone regardless of team. Just a thought....

LiL_FuKa
December 21, 2003, 11:02 pm
That's a good point kevith, I had only tried it on DM.. duno how it is on CTF..

Drama
December 22, 2003, 8:19 pm
Just played, in dnagames. Im really supporting this idea. We tried to vote him out, nothing happened.