( search forums )
2 versions for the game (about barret)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
koil
December 20, 2003, 3:43 pm
well, heres my (simple and efficent) solution for the barret problem.

when 1.2 is done, (michal will) seperate it to 2versions.
one with the barret, and one withount.

if you have first version (withount barret), you cant play vs people with second version (with barret), and vice versa.

do all the things in 1.2 exactly for both versions, except one of them wont have barret.

that should be the people's choice. if more people plays first version - then it means soldat will be played better withount barret.
if people will choose second version over the first one, then it means that most of the people think that soldat isnt soldat withount barret.

(when i'm saying 'remove the barret' from one version, i'm saying that barret will just be earesd, and no other gun will substitue him).

El_Mariachi
December 20, 2003, 3:53 pm
^_^ Koil, we have to solve this like grown computer nerds, cant we reach an agreement instead of going separate ways?
/Mariachi

koil
December 20, 2003, 3:57 pm
well, if people want to play barret, let them.
if people dont want to play with barret, you cant force them.

its as easy as that, and i dont see why anyone will be against it.
afterall, barreters will still have their precious weapon.

(btw, i really doubt if this 'idea' of mine will take too much time, cuz all you (michal) need to do is just 'erasing' the wep)

doffencom
December 20, 2003, 4:22 pm
I don't like the idea becouse it is to much work and most people wouldn't give a damn.

Spectral
December 20, 2003, 4:27 pm
I dislike the idea of dividing soldat. i'll be missing playing with my soldat comrades who are dedicated to the other version. clans will be based in one version, and the overall competition will suffer with the community separated.

Droopy
December 20, 2003, 6:08 pm
Yeah![:D]

peemonkey
December 20, 2003, 6:12 pm
dont do this! this is a very bad idea. if people dont want to play with the barret, that's their problem. if you dont like a movie, do you get to change the end to suit your mood? no. if you dont want the barret, make a non-barret server. it's part of the game. it's been part of the game the whole time through. if this does happen, however, I will quit soldat, and try to take as many people with me.

Droopy
December 20, 2003, 6:28 pm
I agree with Spectral!

Thats why I said:"Yeah![:D]"

Yust so u guyz will know I'm on you'r side!

K back to topic..

koil
December 20, 2003, 6:50 pm
peemonkey, you said it wrong.

'if you dont like a movie, do you get to change the end to suit your mood?'
^ no.

approtiate example:
if you dont like the end of lotr, then watch harry poter instead of just watching
the start+middle of lotr.

anyway, i never had any good suggestions, so i'm quite familiar with this feeling ;)
worth a try tho :P

--
btw Droopy, theres no 'sides' in here. its either YOU like it, or you dont.

doffencom
December 20, 2003, 6:57 pm
Guess you don't know much about movies either =P Anyhow I have no problem with the barret, I find more suckish people that use barret than with any other gun. 1 out of 20 is decent with barret 1 out of a 100 is good with it.

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 11:13 pm
How about you just make a non-barret server?

koil
December 20, 2003, 11:57 pm
making non-barret server = people will complain why there isnt.
playing on version withount any barret = people wont complain (cuz they can just play it on other ver)

anyway, as i said couple of posts ago, this wasnt a good suggestion, so drop it.

juice _ box
December 20, 2003, 11:59 pm
What a stupid idea. Wait untill 1.2, barret problem is solved.

Drama
December 21, 2003, 1:13 am
quote:Originally posted by koil
making non-barret server = people will complain why there isnt.
playing on version withount any barret = people wont complain (cuz they can just play it on other ver)

anyway, as i said couple of posts ago, this wasnt a good suggestion, so drop it.

They can leave the server if they miss their barret

frogboy
December 21, 2003, 1:30 am
Exactly. I made an anti-Barret DeathMatch once and once I had about 3-5 people in there.

Baaad idea.

koil
December 21, 2003, 3:01 am
i thought i already (well.. twice) said that i acknowladge that this isnt one of the best idea out there? ...read my posts sheesh.

TIR_Blade
December 21, 2003, 3:03 am
MAN soldat shud so get split up. Totally for it koil </sarcasm>

TIR_Blade
December 21, 2003, 3:05 am
MAN soldat shud so get split up. Totally for it koil </sarcasm>

juice _ box
December 21, 2003, 3:14 am
Blade, were you droped alot when you were a baby? Making 2 versions of the same game just because people whine about somthing stupid like the barret is an moronic idea. I don't think i can stress this enough.

WAIT UNTILL 1.2

frogboy
December 21, 2003, 3:18 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
</sarcasm>

koil
December 21, 2003, 3:21 am
juice.. you want that i'll explain to you whats 'sarcasem' means?

--
anyway, for the 4th, and FINAL, reply here:
if you think this idea is bad = dont post here.
if you think this idea is good = youre crazy. (oh and btw: dont post here)

any further replies will be considerd as bull[:-censored] and such.. atleast to me 8|

juice _ box
December 21, 2003, 3:26 am
I know you dont think its one of the best idea's, but "if you think this idea is good = youre crazy. (oh and btw: dont post here)" i was explaining to blade why its a bad idea.

Droopy
December 21, 2003, 6:26 pm
I agree with.. who ever sid that it's teh ppl that use barret that make it look bad!(i guess he ment that) You gota ask you're selves a question.. (looks on his chest where his name is writen) ..KOIL! Do you realy hate teh barret, or do you hate teh ppl who camp and snipe on you and kill you[xx(] when you finaly respawn couse you were hit by teh same so caled CAAAAMPEEERR!!!!

koil
December 21, 2003, 6:45 pm
..you people didnt get it.
i dont HATE the barret. you wont see me whine ingame/forums about the barret.
i just think that this current situation wont get solved by its own, and i doubt (altho i hope) that 1.2 will fix it.

Droopy
December 21, 2003, 6:59 pm
You're wineing right now...

Fusion
December 21, 2003, 7:27 pm
in 1.2 it would be fixed because machine guns = stronger, and m79 is faster

koil
December 21, 2003, 8:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
You're wineing right now...

did i? quote my 'wineing'.

edit:
FFS YOU PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT
ITS NOT A NERF-BARRET SUGGESTION FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ffs cant you read the lines here? all i suggested was 2versions. one with and one withount, so people could choose which version they want to play with, but NO. you only see 'barret' and you all starting to bull[:-censored] and flame withount any actual reason.

my first time in the forums when i got pissed off. thanks ass munchers.

LiL_FuKa
December 21, 2003, 10:57 pm
Lmao.. Oh and koil, stop whining about the barret!!! [;)]

juice _ box
December 22, 2003, 12:25 am
Koil we dont know wtf your trying to say.

-SPI-
December 22, 2003, 1:05 am
I think all this barret whining should be put on hold until we all see how 1.2 works. The you can make a decision as to whether the barret has a problem or not.

koil
December 22, 2003, 12:45 pm
WHERE
IS
THE
WHINING
?
?
?
?
?

ALL I SUGGESTED WAS 2VERSION. THAT WAY I CAN PLAY ONE TIME BARRET DUEL, AND THEN I CAN PLAY ALL WEAPONS IN CTF. IT ISNT HARD TO UNDERSTAND. I'M FUKIN SERIOUS. I'LL EVEN DO ASCII DRAW
------------

BARRET = O
PLAYER = |
SPACE/NOTHING = -

\------------------------------------------/
A\----------|O----------------------------/A
AA\-------------------------------|O-----/AA
AAA\_|O__________________________/AAA

YES, WE GOT 3BARRETS OVER THERE... NO! DONT WORRY! IT ISNT MP5, ITS BARRET!

anyway, what i'm trying to say is, that i dont 'whine' about how much overpowerd the barret is. all i want is a game where there isnt 70% of the players using the same gun. call me whiner if i want some veriaty in the game.

Droopy
December 22, 2003, 2:06 pm
I still don't get it..[?]

flab
December 24, 2003, 3:27 pm
so you have 6 people in that drawing... 3 with barret (o) 3 without(|), (all standing next to each other?) that is 50% with barret 50% without, enough variety for you?
STOP WHINING ABOUT THE BARRET

[:P][;)][:P][;)][:P][;)][:P][;)][:P][;)]

IDF-RIPsta
December 25, 2003, 6:45 pm
I don't usually take the sides of other Israeli players, and this is no exception.

The majority of players are dumb, they play the Barret because that's the only thing they're good at.
If you deal with simple minded people you have to resolve to force (that's something we in Israel realized but the rest of the world has yet to understand after a few more September 11s in England, Germany and god willing in France too).

Force a solution on everybody, either tweak the weapon to make it near useless, or remove it.
By the way, the servers I open are without the LAW and Barret, please, do the same to save the game.
Nice slogan... anyone up for a campaign?

flab
December 26, 2003, 3:14 pm
NO.

Lurking Dark
December 26, 2003, 4:42 pm
Oh great magic 8 ball, what should be done about the barret situation? [8] From the words of the great Nelly "[:-censored] it and leave them [:-censored]ed.[8]

koil
December 26, 2003, 4:54 pm
D
O
N
T

P
O
S
T

H
E