( search forums )
Spas vs Desert Eagles?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
melubas
December 20, 2003, 5:31 pm
Just wondering what advantages the spas have over the desert eagles. It seems to me that the Eagles have the advantage in every way.

Spike
December 20, 2003, 5:38 pm
Spas has more of a spray so your area of damage is greater. You can also reload individual bullets so if you use one you can reload back to full without reloading a full clip. Also it kinda pushes your oponent back or at least slows them down if theyre running towards you.

b00stA
December 20, 2003, 5:44 pm
Spas has little pellets (I hope it's the correct word..) and that's a advantage and disadvantage at the same time. Better chance to hit, but your enemy doesn't lose that much energy. Plus the Spas-12 has a splitted reload: You shoot twice and you only have to reload 2 shots.

I love using the DEs across the whole screen (and wider), but I think the Spas is better when close to your enemy.

Edit: Nah, damn. Too slow =)

AerialAssault
December 20, 2003, 7:15 pm
it all depends on the situation, if its like your both using cover and trying to hit each other, u can lob spas bullets over them and kill, but if your have an aerial duel, eagles are better. i guess in most situations its not what gun u have, its how u use it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 20, 2003, 7:59 pm
it depends on the map

BMF
December 20, 2003, 8:03 pm
Whats wrong with you people? Deagles own spas any day

fabmanx
December 20, 2003, 8:21 pm
BMF u are so wrong, spas owns deagles any day...but i think it also jus depends on whos using it....but as i said spas owns deagles :P

CardBoardWarrior
December 20, 2003, 8:26 pm
Yeah spas toooooooooooooooooooooottally pwnz0rs the desert eagles, any one who disagrees, can challenge me :D

n00bface
December 20, 2003, 8:54 pm
deagles > spas.

the_gorillaman
December 20, 2003, 9:12 pm
spas > deagles

?
December 20, 2003, 9:44 pm
deagles to seem to have the power, but so does spas, i think spas has a little less though, i feel the spas is funner to play with though so i say spas owns

BMF
December 20, 2003, 10:03 pm
fab i will own you with eagles if you use spas

and LAW is not spas *cough*

-RaveN`tP-
December 20, 2003, 10:04 pm
for a long time my fav. weapons on ctf_kampf were the deagles (coz I love deagles) but i tried the spas, too.
And I have to say: Spas also rocks :D

frogboy
December 20, 2003, 10:30 pm
Spas is the best for making a shield of pellets around your flag.

Spas = Deagles

Cookie.
December 20, 2003, 10:34 pm
deagles are more powerful they need to be nerfed :P but i enjoy using the spas way more :D

LiL_FuKa
December 20, 2003, 10:49 pm
Well Spas is much more powerful from close range, while from far you have a larger damage area.. Deagles however have the same damage effect no matter where you're from. Also Deagles have that special curve to them that lets you reach angles that spas can't. But considering that Spas has the reload at free will option, I'd say they're just about equal. It's the same for every 2 weapons that you try and compare... they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Fara_ownz
December 21, 2003, 12:40 am
quote:Originally posted by LiL_FuKa
Well Spas is much more powerful from close range, while from far you have a larger damage area.. Deagles however have the same damage effect no matter where you're from. Also Deagles have that special curve to them that lets you reach angles that spas can't. But considering that Spas has the reload at free will option, I'd say they're just about equal. It's the same for every 2 weapons that you try and compare... they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Hmmm ur pretty wrong there about the deagle damage. U can get 2 hit kills if ur above someone and yet if u shoot someone from far away it can take 4 shots to kill someone. Also u dont always hit with both deagle shots from a distance but i reckon its still better than the spas.

Drama
December 21, 2003, 1:07 am
Spas sucks from far distance, desert owns spas

deagles > spas

Spectral
December 21, 2003, 1:25 am
well if your enemy is low on health, spas is superior, especially at farther ranges. with spas you can also boost yourself. with good aim, deagles are better. overall, i agree with lil fuka - they're about equal

T.J.FoRd
December 21, 2003, 1:35 am
deagles r better
because when ur chasin some1 with a spas the recoil slows u down
which sucks when the guy has the flag

Element_101
December 21, 2003, 9:47 am
both of the guns a very simular if you think about it

1) both curve in air taking skill to aim..
2) both kill in 2 shots
3) both have simular reload time..

the only place there really! different is in distance in which case deagles
own, but I love the spas and always will!

Rotmos
December 21, 2003, 3:09 pm
ok CardBoardWarrior I challenge u
:p

kevith
December 21, 2003, 8:55 pm
spas is better for defense bc it knocks the 'intruder' back further... if you've ever tried to get the flag against a good spas it's almost impossible... unless you have a barret I guess (but we won't talk about that here). The way the Spas reloads is also a big plus. Deagles are good for other things of course (shoot further, faster, etc.) so all in all I agree that they're about equal.

-SPI-
December 22, 2003, 12:13 am
It all really depends on situation, spas is great at close range, deagles are great at mid. Both damage a lot. I prefer the spas but thats just personal taste. The spas is more likely to hit due to the spray though and is probably the better weapon in realistic, but then again the deagles have a fairly low learning curve. They both have pros and cons, it's hard to say that one is Better than the other, they're different thats all.

Mr G
December 22, 2003, 3:49 am
i see more deaglers than spasers, are DEs easier to master?

anyhow... i have seen a couple spas masters, and at full power(used by these guys) they seem equal

AerialAssault
December 22, 2003, 4:10 am
with spas your more likey to hit, so its better, only problem is, if u wanna kill in 2 shots u gotta be close range. a better topic would be deagles vs ruger

that fuking sniper
December 22, 2003, 4:46 am
A lesson people should learn - Its not the gun, its the man behind it.

Spectral
December 22, 2003, 5:34 am
as always (and of course applicable to barret)

elitentity
December 22, 2003, 6:59 am
I prefer Deagles myself, but I suppose that if I practiced with spas from the beginning, I would prefer them ;)

btw, there are people really good at barret, and they are extremely annoying (I respect them still of course), cause you get killed too fast; they have great aim. Many public servers have noobish barret users though.

Element_101
December 22, 2003, 8:14 am
Spas takes much more skill and time to master

Happy Camper
December 24, 2003, 3:20 am
ja it do

Ittam89
December 24, 2003, 9:25 am
I think That fuking sniper is right... there are people who are really good at spas... the reason there are more deagle users is because deagles are "cooler" then the spas, if spas would be popular more people would use it.
Its the man behind the weapon.

Sithak
December 24, 2003, 9:34 am
there was once a little spanish flee that told me a mans nutz are like a motor cycle u never get anywhare unless steve the bartender
touchs jewish people
[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

wert21
December 24, 2003, 11:21 am
It depends on the density of enemy, if you've to kill a lot of enemies in a small map, spas is better, in a large map with less enemies deagles are better. That's all.[8D]

Element_101
December 24, 2003, 1:13 pm
Spas has plenty of style!

Sithak
December 24, 2003, 8:16 pm
good style me lot good :D

liquidis x snake
December 24, 2003, 8:26 pm
Let's not fight, children. Complain to Michal to combine these two weapons and create the Desert Spas Eagles. A pump-action 7-shot gun delivering 8 shots of Deagle Magnum bullets.

Silly people.

Sithak
December 24, 2003, 8:38 pm
or a giant a desert chainsaw and chain saw that shoots bullets as well as riping threw people

crismatt
December 25, 2003, 12:07 am
They`re both so similar that it comes down to which one you have the most fun using. The spas has to win for sheer enjoyment!!

Element_101
December 25, 2003, 11:52 am
^ [:D]

Urhos
January 9, 2004, 3:46 pm
Spas so r0x. Such a good weapon for defending, and shooting a friendly flagger for boosts

LiL_FuKa
January 9, 2004, 10:33 pm
Yeah, that's true

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 11:16 pm
deasert eagles rule man i ownzor with em

Sekushi
January 11, 2004, 12:54 am
Deagles are good for aerial.

Spas is good for going through tunnels, where your opponent can't really go anywhere.

Both are pretty even in kill-rate, at least if you get solid hits with the Spas.

I prefer the Spas, though. :D

fUnKy_cHiCkEn_01
January 11, 2004, 7:27 am
not neccesserly the spas is a real good/powerful gun and it has a spray of bullets i bet the eagles dodnt hav the that now do thay so its easier 2 kill some1 when the eagles u hav 2 shot them twice 2 kill them so that is y the spas has some advantiges ova the eagles but i bet the alot more then that 1 advantige.