( search forums )
"Wrong Map Version" when anyone joins
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Shootist
December 21, 2003, 4:39 pm
I have the 1.1.5 version with the fix, and so does my friend... I can run my map perfectly by myslelf, but when my friend tries to join through LAN, it kicks him out right away and says "Wrong Map Version" on the 'JOIN GAME' screen (above the "Join Game" button). I do not know how to fix this[V]. I think I have all of the spawn points on the map... I just don't know. Plz help me. I wanna play my map really bad [:-weepn]!

Liber_Lupus
December 21, 2003, 8:39 pm
maybe u have some scenery what he dont have or have u updated the map after u gave him ur old map

Shootist
December 22, 2003, 2:14 am
If you want to look at the map and see what im doing wrong, download it at http://spikehost.com/~matt/ctf_ThePit.zip

I would greatly appreciate it if you can find out what im doing wrong... Thanx in advance!

BL4H
December 22, 2003, 9:39 pm
I have the same problem......

Shootist
December 23, 2003, 11:37 pm
Do I need bot waypoints??? Cuz I do not have any bot waypoints on my map? Is this what is causing this problem?

Tha Doggfather
December 24, 2003, 1:19 am
no its not the waypoints

Shootist
December 25, 2003, 5:43 pm
I have no idea what I am doing wrong then... [:(] [:-weepn] [:(] [?]

Shootist
December 30, 2003, 5:18 pm
Help please.........

enjoyincubus
December 30, 2003, 6:09 pm
I think you should recompile the map again, and then send him the NEWEST version. Sometimes I change stuff and don't recompile, and it won't work, even if all I changed was the map description.