( search forums )
access violation at...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
supaflyevilguy
December 21, 2003, 9:48 pm
Hey guys, been playing soldat for quite a while now.
But today i start playing and this error comes up.

"access violation at address004D20A9 in module "Soldat.exe.", Read of address 0000CB7C"

i have noo clue what this means..
if anyone could help me out i'd be really grateful

b00stA
December 21, 2003, 10:04 pm
Seems like you missed the big fat stickie: "READ ME BEFORE POSTING OR I KILL YOU :)"

quote:Well, lately a lot of people have been getting Access Violation errors.

So, this is here an attempt to stop people from posting 10 million topics about them ;)

Steps to solve access violation problems:
1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause for this problem
2. Uninstall soldat
3. Delete the Soldat folder
4. Install soldat 1.1.5 + fix
5a. For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
5b. For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder
6. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder

If that does not solve your problem, then please check for other threads with the same problem before posting (there WILL be some).

Hrmm :)

KamI_thE_BesT_slaYEr
December 21, 2003, 10:34 pm
i got the same problem ![V][:-weepn](access violationat address 004d20a9 in modle " soldat.ex" read of address fffffff) this is the message i get!

b00stA
December 21, 2003, 11:23 pm
Have you tried the stuff I just linked/quoted? If not, here is it again, only for you:

Well, lately a lot of people have been getting Access Violation errors.

So, this is here an attempt to stop people from posting 10 million topics about them ;)

Steps to solve access violation problems:
1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause for this problem
2. Uninstall soldat
3. Delete the Soldat folder
4. Install soldat 1.1.5 + fix
5a. For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
5b. For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder
6. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder

If that does not solve your problem, then please check for other threads with the same problem before posting (there WILL be some)