( search forums )
i am a lost soul
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Clan Recruitment
sauron_the_deceiver
November 23, 2002, 10:44 pm
i am a lost soul and get killed all the time - i need a clan [B)]
i am not willing to beg for a tryout with some big clan, but i was wondering if there is any clans looking for british members.
hint
hint hint
[^]

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 23, 2002, 11:41 pm
make your own clan=my suggestion...we need a larger clan base.

sauron_the_deceiver
November 24, 2002, 5:22 pm
yeh but i have a fear of noone joining with me. i would do it but i am still new to the soldat community and i havent made any decent 'allies' yet.
hint
hint hint

Computa_Xpert
November 24, 2002, 7:29 pm
I know, It's scary at first, but then you learn to play better, teach some people how to play good like you, then ask them to join. Thats what I did and look at me now, I have a clan of the best of the best, well, I like to think of it like that. I started it myself, but believe me, it's a helluva lot of work.

JayBDey
November 25, 2002, 1:26 am
[IMAGE]

Computa_Xpert
November 25, 2002, 2:29 am
You laughing at me eh? You in a clan? Cause my clan would own it easily, with half the amount of members that you would have.

JayBDey
November 25, 2002, 2:52 am
I dont have a clan. But bragging that your the best is nothing right now. We dont have any way of ranking clans right now so no one is the best.

SoldatStriker
November 25, 2002, 3:41 am
[quote]Originally posted by JayBDey
I dont have a clan. But bragging that your the best is nothing right now. We dont have any way of ranking clans right now so no one is the best.

[/quote!
You can just slap that salami back into your sandwich! I've played with all the Silent Snipa ballerz I can sincerely say their skills pay the bills, cut the pills, and slice the dills for your shoot sandwich.

You should recognize, considering your clan *cough*dead chihuahua*cough* lasted maybe a week and two elephant winks.

I may not be the best, but I get a lot of respect from not only the Soldat community, but most importantly, the people I play against. The same people who say I play so well. That's right, I don't go around saying it, the people do! That's why I'm in SoC right now, and that's why I can honestly say that if there was a match between the Super Linguistic Silent Ninja Snipe House Bombers, they'd rip on your clan like a parapligic spazing grandma with scissors. You'd best recognize the power of the S:S, because if you take maybe one second to think in a match against them, you're already dead.

Xpert, I got yo back!

Nice guy with a gun
November 25, 2002, 6:27 am
lol, striker!

Computa_Xpert
November 25, 2002, 7:49 am
Thanks Strike,
I can see it now, SoC and S:S, the two mighty powers of the Soldat Universe. We should have an alliance of some sort, o well, Im confused becuase its like midnight now and i have had no sleep all weekend and i have to be up in 6 hours so I have no idea why I am rambling. Well, I guess I will play a round of soldat then go to sleep, cya all.

sauron_the_deceiver
November 25, 2002, 6:31 pm
thanks for the advice but my problem still stands. ah dont let it trouble you.

Chaosmongler
November 25, 2002, 7:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Computa_Xpert
Thanks Strike,
I can see it now, SoC and S:S, the two mighty powers of the Soldat Universe. We should have an alliance of some sort, o well, Im confused becuase its like midnight now and i have had no sleep all weekend and i have to be up in 6 hours so I have no idea why I am rambling. Well, I guess I will play a round of soldat then go to sleep, cya all.

Why would the 'two best' clans have an alliance.. seems self defeating and boring O.o;

JayBDey
November 26, 2002, 4:16 am
I wont recognize anyone as the best untill we have an offical way of ranking clans. Then you may say what you wish, and I will go by the numbers, however they may be.

sauron_the_deceiver
November 26, 2002, 9:28 pm
i think the biggest clans are the most popular, and therefore the best

SoldatStriker
November 26, 2002, 11:21 pm
Sauron, if you're serious about joining a clan, you should start sending e-mails to clans you would like to join. It would also help if you posted stats, i.e., basic information on you and your playing style, weapon proficiencies, contact info, etc. I find it odd that you consider it as "begging", when in reality by asking for a tryout not only are you suggesting you be tested to meet a clan's standards, you are also reinforcing your standing in that clan. If you have a phenominal tryout, then you would certainly be getting the attention you deserve in your new clan. If a clan just let you join just because you expressed interest, then in fact they are not a serious clan and you will be less likely to be called in to participate in the ever crucial clan battles.

As for clans in general, consider that while your clanmates are or can be your friends, as a clan you have come together to accomplish a goal. In my clan I consider clan matches "business" or work, but at the same time I still am friends with people from other clans and freelancers. It's when the team works together that the true purpose of a clan takes center stage. Otherwise, the most you get is a couple of friends and a clan tag. But, you can make it so much more.[;-xmas]

Spike
November 26, 2002, 11:58 pm
bahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha an alliance huh i think thats really lame :x especially for a game like soldat, this aint dungeons and dragons guys silly dorks :)

sauron_the_deceiver
November 27, 2002, 11:30 am
i suppose. but i have looked on so many clanwebsites and they say "dont contact us; we'll contct you" and i have no way of making them contact me. grr.
i might just skip the whole clan thing and become a rogue bounty hunter skimming the games on the server.

SoldatStriker
November 27, 2002, 8:22 pm
Contact them anyway. You're holding yourself back now. Even if you annoy the hell out of them, you're still advertising yourself, and there's no gaurantee that they'll refuse you. But, if you just be proper about it, explain your situation and understand theirs, then it shouldn't be too difficult to find yourself a clan. And...

No excuses till you post some stats! I don't wanna hear it! You want a clan, you work for it, a clan doesn't work to get you in it! Get back to work!

sauron_the_deceiver
November 28, 2002, 11:24 am
i put loads of stuff like that everywhere in the clan recruitment forum. here we go again...

i am pretty good with an AK 47, a spas 12, a M79 and a ruger 77. i can beat normal difficulty bots easily, but i havent tried against harder levels. i think i have pretty good aim.
my cheeks are hurting from all the grinning *grin*

Daz
November 28, 2002, 11:49 pm
why would anyone want a clan right now?
netplay isnt all that great with he nasty pings i always seem to get and all of the cheating. no demo rec. not enough competition. bah

sauron_the_deceiver
November 29, 2002, 7:08 pm
but it will be useful for the cheat protection in 1.0.0
i get reasonable pings...

SoldatStriker
November 29, 2002, 7:57 pm
So, what clans have you contacted already?

sauron_the_deceiver
November 29, 2002, 9:14 pm
uh i havent got round to any serious contacting yet
i was going to tryout for *clan i cant remember* but i couldnt join that certain game
great piss that was

sauron_the_deceiver
December 4, 2002, 4:50 pm
hey hey i was contacted and i am now a clan member!

SoldatStriker
December 4, 2002, 5:46 pm
Nice. Can you tell me about your clan? How did you join? Will you be participating in Spike's Capture the Flag league?

sauron_the_deceiver
December 4, 2002, 11:09 pm
i cant tell you much about the clan coz it is still under construction. i was the first non leader member.
tis run by Outcast and HotAcid, from Slovenia. its foreign but who cares. theyre nice people. oh yeh tis called Guilt&Regret. it hasnt signed up as a clan yet (i dont think). i joined when outcast told me to contact him in a different conversation about a map i am drawing. and the ctf thing? well at the mo i think the clan prefers deathmatches. still, y'never know...

Outcast
December 5, 2002, 9:09 am
We haven't signed my clan in yet , I will when we'll train a little and define our functions in the team etc....
I just made this clan , left the last one due to clan inactivity...
We got 2 leaders , me and my co-leader HotAcid , sauron as our member and one more member in "recruit" mode(me and acid ...mostly acid wants to check his skills a lil)...We're aimin to have 8-10 good members....those who aren't as good or nearly good as me and acid...will be trained until they are ^[8D]^.
Homepage will be comming AFTER we settle everything up...since it's not a neccesity in the start....thats all.....now back to class i guess([IMAGE] [:(!])...lol [:P]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 5, 2002, 4:30 pm
yeh what he said. im lucky to be a clan member because i joined before acid was a coleader and outcast recruited me. outcast doesnt recruit for skill as much, whereas acid does (majorly!!!). if acid had trialed me then i wouldnt be a member lol!

SoldatStriker
December 5, 2002, 4:53 pm
If you want me to practice with you all, just let me know. Yesterday, me and Nice Guy with a Gun played a 2v2 CTF game against WoFe and Xorax(Paddy joined afterwards), and after about 30 minutes of play, we noticed a substantial improvement in their playing styles.

[IMAGE]

Outcast
December 5, 2002, 5:14 pm
Am always in search of a good fight/practice :=)

Nice guy with a gun
December 5, 2002, 6:09 pm
hey, that was the game that i wasn't LVP (Least Valuable Player) anymore, hehe.

this was the game that WoFe played me for the first time...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot110.JPG40.22 KB

sauron_the_deceiver
December 5, 2002, 6:27 pm
ill play with my clan (national anthem)
sounds fun

sauron_the_deceiver
December 9, 2002, 6:45 pm
well apparently i am now looking for a clan again because outcast disbanded G&R
so i am still open.

Outcast
December 9, 2002, 6:49 pm
Soz mate , jus kinda players were taken or not interested. Ill still help ya though , yer a good guy [;)]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 10, 2002, 6:25 pm
well i have a new clan now haha!
yes it is with razor, in the ownage project.
and he isnt crap, he just isnt as good as you.

Outcast
December 10, 2002, 6:40 pm
his attitude, thinking and playing abilites are crap , for else i dont know or care...if you ask me your better then him.....but suit yerself

ráz0r
December 10, 2002, 8:07 pm
saurons good, so are you but you can't call me "n00b" just because your better, I mean I could own you at certain games and wouldn't call you a "n00b" I would help the lower skilled person.
Most people will be "n00b" to you because u can beat them without a touch in so like everyones a n00b to outcast if you wanna put it that way.
Also keep your opinions to yourself.

Outcast
December 10, 2002, 8:37 pm
you're a n00b cz you say i spam nades or wtf...nades are supposed to be used , get that into your head.

ráz0r
December 10, 2002, 9:00 pm
used not spammed.

Outcast
December 10, 2002, 9:24 pm
man....i'll use grenades by my will , you can't stop me...and why shouldnt I , no1 ever complained exept you , i never complain to no1 cz of it...grenades are mans best friend...not my fault YOU cant use em so you call me(i have a good hit with nades i'd say) i spam nades....i use em when ppl let me too close to them or when i wanna get em out from somewhere to clear my way. [}:)]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 10, 2002, 10:13 pm
i hate nades.. unless i need to flush out a camper from cover lol.
yeh razor could whoop you at... worms!
outcast you need to stop being so uptight. everyone is equal on these forums, maybe not by playing but by the person they are. if you ever call someone a n00b because they suck, remember you were that bad once.
and one day i will kill your arse, because i have been playing soldat for two months and i am good, so in another 4 months i will be a good contender.
and at least razor has the guts to run a clan and not abandon it. someone who cant stand up to what they started, that is a n00b.

SoldatStriker
December 11, 2002, 1:53 am
I'm beginning to think that clans are like sooo over rated now. I haven't seen much action clanwise, and my skills have degraded as well. Plus, you get a lot more practice out of pubs than clan matches. I'm still in the process of finding out what works best for me.

High
December 11, 2002, 3:36 am
i need pratices with soldatstiker...

JayBDey
December 11, 2002, 4:12 am
It's always hard for clans when a game is still new. We cant even get a cheat free game most of the time. I say just wait till the next version, then things will change.

Right now we have no way of keeping track of all the clans. We need a central organized official rank system, and a ladder for non-clan play. I would also like to see a reg. system. Some how make it so you could ban someones ID number and make it so they would not be able to (easily) get a new one. This is all a LONG way off (and probably will never happen) but it's a good thing for us to shoot for.

Outcast
December 11, 2002, 11:33 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
outcast you need to stop being so uptight. everyone is equal on these forums, maybe not by playing but by the person they are. if you ever call someone a n00b because they suck, remember you were that bad once.
and one day i will kill your arse, because i have been playing soldat for two months and i am good, so in another 4 months i will be a good contender.
and at least razor has the guts to run a clan and not abandon it. someone who cant stand up to what they started, that is a n00b.

am not uptight... you were'nt there when we played , he got all upright cz he couldnt evade my nades and shots and started insulting me.Actually am runnin my own clan in CS already , been there for a year already thnx to me n my mates.I abandoned this clan , well , i abandoned it before it even started good since i saw no future in it , you come on rarely , and always when HotAcid wasnt around...when are we to have trainings , huh? And besides that , good ppl werent interested , and all i wanted was competition.Khan invited me to join SoC...i though about it... So i disbanded G&R and went to a clan with good players that know lotsa ppl, in which i can look for competition and a good fight(which am always happy off [:-smile_green]).

About beating me , good luck , get broadband and train a lil , maybe you'll beat me , but that's all a big MAYBE.

P.S. ---> Razor is a n00ber cz he thinks i throw grenades too much...well...what to do when you miss a guy? Hide and wait for reload like a *****....or charge at him with nades? Well i in 90% of the cases choose the second option....and he says i like spam nades and ****

December 12, 2002, 4:58 pm
what has this guy got against nades? Is he too weak to throw them or something?

Outcast
December 12, 2002, 5:30 pm
heh....ask him...but i can guarantee you he isnt very good at throwin em...

sauron_the_deceiver
December 12, 2002, 10:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver

am not uptight... you were'nt there when we played , he got all upright cz he couldnt evade my nades and shots and started insulting me.Actually am runnin my own clan in CS already , been there for a year already thnx to me n my mates.I abandoned this clan , well , i abandoned it before it even started good since i saw no future in it , you come on rarely , and always when HotAcid wasnt around...when are we to have trainings , huh? And besides that , good ppl werent interested , and all i wanted was competition.Khan invited me to join SoC...i though about it... So i disbanded G&R and went to a clan with good players that know lotsa ppl, in which i can look for competition and a good fight(which am always happy off [:-smile_green]).

About beating me , good luck , get broadband and train a lil , maybe you'll beat me , but that's all a big MAYBE.

P.S. ---> Razor is a n00ber cz he thinks i throw grenades too much...well...what to do when you miss a guy? Hide and wait for reload like a *****....or charge at him with nades? Well i in 90% of the cases choose the second option....and he says i like spam nades and ****

i am on nearly every night permenantly. anyway i saw G&R going very far but you disbanded it, but now i am having much more fun in :top: so i dont care anymore.

as if you dropped G&R for SOC, you lot are wusses who cant fight with lag. and i hide and wait like a ***** because reload time is halted when you throw nades.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 15, 2002, 5:38 pm
well now i am no longer in top. i was "disrespectful" to our dictator.

Outcast
December 15, 2002, 6:26 pm
I cant fight the lag eh , i can , i just dont like it and i dont hold that a secret.
And how can you not be dissrespextfull to razor , he insults every1 heh

ráz0r
December 15, 2002, 7:47 pm
sorry sauron, i didn't know u felt for top like me and ir and kinda looked for an excuse.
ur not noob or w/e im sorry and outcast i just dont spam nades.
also everytime i killed u when u wanted to show pappi something when i didn't know u bitched sauron and u objected to clan stuff so like u'd still be in now if u didn't.

Outcast
December 15, 2002, 8:25 pm
I read that 3 times and still dont know what you wanted to say

ráz0r
December 15, 2002, 8:58 pm
i felt sick , ugh. *puke*

sauron_the_deceiver
December 20, 2002, 11:56 pm
basically pappi was rejected in a tryout by razor but i personally thought he was good enough to join. he trainde for a bit and so i saw if he had improved over the net. ir and razor joined and we all had a fight then razor wanted to train pappi a little. after that i wanted to show him the trick to jumping, the same trick you taught me. but razor was a prick and kept on killing me so i insulted him and we got tense then i found out that :top: has VERY restricted team colours (no variables) so i got pissed off and refused to change my colours and we had a fight and eventually i left/was kicked. simple aint it.

Outcast
December 21, 2002, 1:56 am
hmmm , haha....top is lolish

ráz0r
December 21, 2002, 10:46 am
u got booted cos u refused to do stuff that everyne else would do.
pappi improved and he's now a member, he'd teach you know.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 21, 2002, 6:23 pm
nah nah nah. get it right dumbass. i had been to work and it was about one o clock here so i couldnt even type properly. and i remember you saying how i was "the suck" but listen carefully - you took me on in top. ha. ha.