( search forums )
The realistic soldat!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ClanKwH
December 23, 2003, 2:39 pm
Hey Why not Remove the jet boots? from soldat they are [:-censored]ing unrealistic and then put ninja rope in instead .. for climbing [:D]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 23, 2003, 2:41 pm
!

b00stA
December 23, 2003, 2:50 pm
Yeah, exactly. Then remove invisibility, flame god and rambo bow mode, I mean, wtf? he's regenerating his health!

No, wait. Soldat wouldn't be Soldat without jets. BASTA.

ClanKwH
December 23, 2003, 4:53 pm
Aww.. it would give more challenge instead of those crappy moon boots!

Firestorm
December 24, 2003, 4:18 pm
nah I think the Jet Boots I think the worst map in the game is the one where u can't use jet boot as it just isn't as fun. Soldat isn't really aiming to be the most realistic game on the market note it is a 2d side view shooter not Half-life 2 with the most advanced graphics engine. The reason I like it is cause it is fun, IU would prefer the game to be more fun than realistic

Hitman
December 24, 2003, 4:34 pm
Althought I like your Avatar pic, I think that this is one of the stupidest suggestions I have ever seen!

Firestorm
December 24, 2003, 5:07 pm
I suppose using a ninja rope to swing accross the sky would be pretty realistic too? It would either mean u could swing on the clouds or you wouldn't be able to reach some of the top half of the map, so that suggestion is pretty bad. Can u fire a gun while swinging accross a battlefield on a ninja rope? wouldn't u be a really easy target, think about your suggestion a bit more it would change the game a lot and for the worse :P

Malk
December 24, 2003, 7:56 pm
Good point Firestorm.. Soldat wouldn't be Soldat without jetpacks :)

liquidis x snake
December 24, 2003, 8:24 pm
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this idea, but if you're going to put any "logic" to this and make it "realistic", give the hook of the rope physics of the current M79 (you know, how it flies up a short distance then falls back down). Whenever it hits the ground, it attaches and you slowly repel upwards. Firing while on the rope would mean 1) horrible accuracy and 2) immobility. That's the only logical way to make it realistic, I suppose.

y0da
December 24, 2003, 8:35 pm
Quit this... this damn right now! Someone else did say that Soldat is unrealistic (Droopy). And what you gonna do whit it? This is funny... Mr. T style is unrealistic 2?

ClanKwH
December 25, 2003, 12:30 am
Aaah Crap some people doesnt have BRAINS! i dont mean use the rope at the skies you fool use it at walls ! it would be effective in inf_warehouse

juice _ box
December 25, 2003, 3:31 am
quote:Aaah Crap some people doesnt have BRAINS!
and you just proved it.

What about both.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 25, 2003, 4:00 am
btw...i was kidding!

Droopy
December 25, 2003, 5:15 pm
Joda! I said that Soldat is teh most unrealistic game indeed! But I didn't say that thats bad! I actualy said that it is famous for it's unrealism(is that a word?). But not that it should be more realistic!

As for the topic, I say don't remove them!
You say it would be more realistic. Well yes a litle. But a Soldier doesn't use jet boots on the 2D battlefield! (I won't start with the have you ever seen...)

Realistic is here for ppl who want more strategy and difficulty! At least in my opinion, It's not ment to be as realistic as it can be. If Michal would wan't that then Soldat would emidiatly be 3D.

I wonder how many ppl have read this..

enjoyincubus
December 25, 2003, 5:39 pm
Guys, I have a suggestion. If you do not like the jet boots, make maps with no jet fuel allowed. Then you have your realistic game. Next, send your maps to the 5 other people in the world who like this idea, and have fun with your realistic game.

ClanKwH
December 25, 2003, 9:15 pm
Thats what i mean.. soldat has got too ... easy!

Hitman
December 25, 2003, 9:48 pm
Are you stupid or something? He was being sarcastic!

juice _ box
December 26, 2003, 12:19 am
When english isn't your first language it's some times hard to find the sarcasim in such things.

frogboy
December 26, 2003, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
He was being sarcastic!

He was? I thought that was a good idea.

(not sarcasm)

kevith
December 26, 2003, 5:14 am
We can compromise.... Frogboy and ClanKwH can just not use their jets when they play. ;)

Silent-Thunder
December 26, 2003, 5:24 am
Tell me, when have jet boots destroyed the fun or skill involved in soldat. Imho it adds a totally new dimension to the game. By turning the skies into a new field of battle, it allows for new strategies in attack and defence. It also allows for a larger variety of maps with platforms and etc. It also compensates for the lack of ground mobility in some maps *cough* cambodia *cough* If at all, the jet boots have made life a lot easier in game.

ClanKwH
December 26, 2003, 10:47 am
it just have after you played all the versions... :/

swanofnever
December 29, 2003, 8:34 pm
hey,
i have an idea -- get rid of the mini since it's unrealistic to run+jump while carrying it.. get rid of unlimitted ammo/reloads since THAT's unrealistic too... make all the bullets 1-hit-kills... and then get rid of tiny soldiers running around in 2D since that's pretty damn unrealistic... ;p

the jetboots in soldat are like the mushrooms in mario.. they ARE the game. yes, legrange is one of my fave maps but only because it contrasts nicely with the others.. if you don't like the boots, you don't like the game.

raigan