( search forums )
Some non-tech problems i have...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Stevie K
December 26, 2003, 7:28 am
Ok...what exactly has this game come to? i have been wondering about some issues lately...

Why do people call others "n00bs"? I think thats the dumbest thing ever. Why are people who are new to the game so hated and picked on by others who think they are the greatest at the game/got killed by the "n00b" who has only been playing for a week and is supposed to suck/use other means of fighting which may result in another thing thats frowned upon(hiding/"camping")? Everyone who plays this game was new at some point...why don't we welcome others?

And why do so many people become angry at people for using weapons that are in the game? I mean they get angry for someone killing them with a barret when they can use the barret also to fight back....each player has access to the same weapons, so i dont really understand how alot of people consider others cheap for using weapons in the game. Sure when I play theres someone who just sits thier and shoots me with the barret...i dont get all frustrated/call him a name...i deal with it. I hate how this game has become this whole im-better-then-you type game. I play the game because its fun. I dont understand why other people cant do that to...

and i guess i made this post to vent...these are my opinions...not yours...and the way some of you people are...your not going to take it for what its worth...so to those people ...flame on...and to those who might respect my ideas...your criticizm(sp?) is welcome....

frogboy
December 26, 2003, 8:16 am
I think its just some people.

The only reasons I sometimes say "Barretard", "so many Barret n00bs", etc. are:
1) Joking; or
2) just getting sick of 10 people in a server using Barret. It's not even that good! I was versing someone in CTF, Barret vs. M79, and until someone else joined, it was Them: 1, Me: 4. Now anyone who's seen my in a server before knows I'm hopeless.

Weed
December 26, 2003, 8:53 am
I actually think the same way u do.
The 1st kind of players u talked about are assholes, they think they are great, they think they kick ass, they think they are godly players with their godly skills and their godly stuck up attitude, they are a lost cause.
The 2nd kind of players are called whiners, they think they are the fair player of the world, everything above 100 ping is good enough to make them shout LAGGGGGGGG, each time they get killed by a weapon they dont like, or a weapon they cant use themselves, they call the one that killed them "Lamer" "Barretards" "fuken camper" "stupid m79'er", many of the ppl here were called lamers by somoene for using the most hard to use weps, like ruger and spaz, and to respond back they called them "n00bs" for not understanding that its not lame to kill with those weps, and the supposed n00bs whined, and the assholes called them n00bs, and again and again.
this proves that its a nature, and it goes in a circular way... once u r new, than u become a whiner, than an asshole, or maybe, but just maybe, if ur nature is a bit different, u become a human being.

[Edit] Spamm deleted :D ROFL!

Element_101
December 26, 2003, 11:44 am
I agree with what you said and share some of the views, I agree very

much with how you said it sux when people use the insult noob :D