( search forums )
DROP AND ROLL!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sauron_the_deceiver
December 26, 2003, 4:03 pm
Simple. In realistic mode, when you fall, rolling should reduce or cancel out damage from the fall. Its a well known fact that rolling switches momentum from downwards to forwards and helps against broken ankles/backs/faces. Paratroopers do it when coming into land.

(In honesty, I will be surprised if this isn't implemented, as its a realistic thing to do, and it will be put into realistic mode. Plus, I don't think anyone will argue against this)

y0da
December 26, 2003, 4:09 pm
yay! [:-cold] it'zzz... so... cool!

Liber_Lupus
December 26, 2003, 5:17 pm
I dont care if it will be implanted or not, just use jet's :P

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 26, 2003, 7:20 pm
yeah sumtimes i do that but die....
i think its a good idea but i never play real.... so i dont really care

-SPI-
December 27, 2003, 3:44 am
I thought about this myself, It would make realistic more realistic.

Droopy
December 27, 2003, 5:11 pm
Good idea!

Since its not such a huge thing, I guess it could be easily implemented.

Just how much would it reduce the damage?

bLaStEr
December 27, 2003, 5:52 pm
Nice idea, would bring soldat closer to its perfection [:D]

Hitman
December 27, 2003, 6:30 pm
quote:I dont care if it will be implanted or not, just use jet'sAnd what do you do when you run out of jet fuel? Think boy, Think!

toadsMoke
December 27, 2003, 6:53 pm
Hitman, you let go of the right mouse button for a spilt second so it regenerates then you press it again to slow yourself down. once you figure it out, you'll never get hurt from fall damage again.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 7:43 pm
Well yeah, but rolling after all that to make sure would be damn right cool! Anyway, I worked this problem out from my parachute stuffing up on Lagrange and me falling to my death.

Hitman
December 27, 2003, 7:45 pm
But, but, but what happends if you hardly have any left and the map is set for low Jet Fuel? Like ctf_B2B. Dammit, why did you have to make me look stupid, lol, thats what I was trying to do!

NuZZ
December 28, 2003, 3:13 am
2 thumbs up
Nice idea... Yet all of us probably have thought of it at one point.

Mechanoid
December 28, 2003, 7:11 am
like Hitman said, sometimes there's low/no jet fuel maps, so this WOULD be useful.

Hitman
December 28, 2003, 5:19 pm
Thank you!!!

Liber_Lupus
December 28, 2003, 5:36 pm
emm hitman, just use the jets wisely, dont spend it right away in the air so u crash dead, but yeah it would be better.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 28, 2003, 6:31 pm
But you can't do that on Lagrange!

NuZZ
December 29, 2003, 7:28 am
Offtopic:
Hahhaha Liber your sig is quite funny :)
---
There is no bad to this and I bet Michal will either try to make this or will fail at it.